The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
The air conditioning was broken in the branch that he worked, so the temperature in the kitchen can be about 35 degrees in summer (surely a bad thing)...
Yes, that would be a bad thing. There's very little I can remember from Home Ec classes I took six years ago, but one thing I do remember is that germs and bacteria are active at temperatures between and 65º (or thereabouts). Doesn't take a genius to realise that 35º is right in the middle of those...

guitargirl03
Technically, the veggie options are not always suitable for vegetarians as the burgers re cooked in the same oil as the meat burgers...
True, but who said that McDonalds and Burger King only sold burgers? It may be what they're best-known for, but it's not the only thing on the menu :wink:
Mind you, I wouldn't touch a vegetarian meal in a fast food joint with a ten foot barge pole...
Reply 41
I used to love McDo (and hate BK to death, I don't get within 30m of a branch). However, I'm now a veggie, and in Mexico there is not one vegetarian option (save the fries, which I order often. And in Mexico they're cooked in vegetable oil). I also find the icecream delicious!
Reply 42
Um...probably Macca's if only because there's more McDonalds outlets near me than there are Burger King (which are called Hungry Jacks over here lol) :smile:
I like to pretend the huuuuge tomato in a whopper burger makes it healthy. It makes the "I'M NOT EATING AT THAT RANK CHIP VAN, TAKE ME TO BURGER KING!" drunken rant on a night out seem more logical.
Reply 44
Neither - they are both disgusting.
I don't really like either as there's not many veggie options however occasionally if there's no where nicer to eat or if I've not got much money on me I'll have the veggie burger at Burger King - which I do quite like.
Reply 46
I am shocked at the number of people voting McDonalds. Everything tastes so much better at Burger King

I would take KFC over either though
Reply 47
shyopstv
I am shocked at the number of people voting McDonalds. Everything tastes so much better at Burger King

yeaa.. BK burgers actually taste of meat, whereas at mcds they're soggy pieces of crap.

:smile:
Reply 48
shyopstv
:ditto:
Reply 49
Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser put me off. I think the cardboard packaging probably has more nutritional value than the food itself...and tastes better.
i dont get anyone who say mcdonalds and burger king taste crap, i think it tastes lovely!! so if u was starving u wouldnt touch a big mac???? :O

everyone always disses mcdonalds but if you dont like it then dont go in, the people who like it like me can carry on eating yummy burgers :biggrin:

anyone would think they served dog poo
Im a kfc person aswell, the burgers at Burger King are absolutely delicious, the yway they're flame grilled and the softness and bounciness of the bun, Mc Donals are gross in comparison, they're flat and rubbery. However Mcdonalds chips are just delicious whereas Burger King's fries are not so nice and a bit bumpy and the ydont give you enough. Choosing between the two however, i'd go with burger king mmmm.
isnt burger king more expensive than mcdonalds tho hence it generally tasting nicer. i think this fact has been overlooked, as it makes the comparison a little unfair, goddd anyone would think i worked in mcdonalds lol
Reply 53
Miss~Brightside
i dont get anyone who say mcdonalds and burger king taste crap, i think it tastes lovely!! so if u was starving u wouldnt touch a big mac???? :O

everyone always disses mcdonalds but if you dont like it then dont go in, the people who like it like me can carry on eating yummy burgers

anyone would think they served dog poo

Wouldn't surprise me.
squirly

Neither - they are both disgusting.

:ditto:
Reply 54
Miss~Brightside
isnt burger king more expensive than mcdonalds tho hence it generally tasting nicer. i think this fact has been overlooked, as it makes the comparison a little unfair, goddd anyone would think i worked in mcdonalds lol

I think it is but the burgers are generally bigger at Burger King and taste much better so it is worth it
Reply 55
Miss~Brightside

Not a chance in hell. I'd starve thanks.

Miss~Brightside
everyone always disses mcdonalds but if you dont like it then dont go in, the people who like it like me can carry on eating yummy burgers :biggrin:

I don't :smile: I happily diss McDonalds without being a hypocrite because I wouldn't put such crap into my body.
Reply 56
McDonalds, Burger King, KFC = proper ****e.

Eat something decent, free range, organic.
Reply 57
Sick sick people , at least you will be after eating in either of those hell holes. I cannot believe people pay money for what they are passing off as food. You know that pet food manufacturers will not use some of the cuts that macD does?
Reply 58
they should both burn for making people obese
Reply 59
People should watch "Super Size Me" by Morgan Spurlock.

Latest