The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for your responses.....I'm not surprised to hear bad words said about the textbook!

A question to Indelible.... You said you got a B on unit 4 without revising. do you mean "the Rise and Fall of the Clockwork Universe"?......If so, then well done, and I'm pleased to hear it. What about other people, how hard was it to get a good grade (ie. B or above)?

Thanks, Tom
Reply 21
tomhitchings
Thanks for your responses.....I'm not surprised to hear bad words said about the textbook!

A question to Indelible.... You said you got a B on unit 4 without revising. do you mean "the Rise and Fall of the Clockwork Universe"?......If so, then well done, and I'm pleased to hear it. What about other people, how hard was it to get a good grade (ie. B or above)?

Thanks, Tom

I got an A on that unit 80/100 (so dead on). I thought i had done far better...when i got my paper back i lost 10 marks for school boy errors...

You have to remember that 45/100 marks is for c/w and 55/100 for the exam...so it gets scaled from 70 to 55. If you have good c/w (like i did) then it is extremely easy to get a B or above. As say if u get 40/45 for c/w u only need 40/55 for the exam (about 70%) to get an A.
chud
I got an A on that unit 80/100 (so dead on). I thought i had done far better...when i got my paper back i lost 10 marks for school boy errors...

You have to remember that 45/100 marks is for c/w and 55/100 for the exam...so it gets scaled from 70 to 55. If you have good c/w (like i did) then it is extremely easy to get a B or above. As say if u get 40/45 for c/w u only need 40/55 for the exam (about 70%) to get an A.

What did you get for your coursework?

I got 32, which I was told was really good (highest in my school)... But by the sound of it, 32 isn't great?...
Reply 23
tomhitchings
What did you get for your coursework?

I got 32, which I was told was really good (highest in my school)... But by the sound of it, 32 isn't great?...

Erm, well then it would be 32/40 which is 80% so thats worth 36 marks/45. Which is a good start....that means u still need 56/70 on the paper to get an A..or 49/70 to get a B.

I got 36/40 (scaled to 40/45) and 50/70 on the paper...giving me 80/100. I've got 38/40 for the Field,particles and pictures one so i need very little on the papers to get a high grade....
Reply 24
Ho ho ho, I got 72 out of 120 for my coursework. I needed 90% overall in my exams to get an A
I had to leave the second gold ball question due to lack of time. On teh virst golf ball question, when I had to work out the answer to how high teh ball went, I got two different answers depending on which formula I used
v^2 = u^2 + 2as or
s = ut+ 0.5+at^2

I used the second one and got 17.4 meters, the first one gave me something conisderably bigger.
chud
Erm, well then it would be 32/40 which is 80% so thats worth 36 marks/45. Which is a good start....that means u still need 56/70 on the paper to get an A..or 49/70 to get a B.

I got 36/40 (scaled to 40/45) and 50/70 on the paper...giving me 80/100. I've got 38/40 for the Field,particles and pictures one so i need very little on the papers to get a high grade....

Thanks for that... For a moment I thought that you were telling me that the coursework was out of 45, got a bit worried there!

I'm with two of my Physics friends at the moment, we're revising hard, and not having much fun doing it.

Latest

Trending

Trending