The Student Room Group

Wet knickers

Basically, I get like a discharge in my knickers all the time, and have done for as long as i remember. It stinks and is sort of a creamy brown colour, but i have no idea why. It is really wet, like i could have incontinence issues, but its not. Im a virgin so it cant be an STI, but like i said, iv always had it, and thought it was normal.... help?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anonymous
Basically, I get like a discharge in my knickers all the time, and have done for as long as i remember. It stinks and is sort of a creamy brown colour, but i have no idea why. It is really wet, like i could have incontinence issues, but its not. Im a virgin so it cant be an STI, but like i said, iv always had it, and thought it was normal.... help?

Do you normally get it when you've been having naughty thoughts?
Reply 2
it should be white, not a browny colour.... could be thrush?
Reply 3
if you're worried go to your GP!
Reply 4
See a doctor. You knew it was coming.
Go to a doc, the colour is abnormal. xx
Reply 6
Brown doesn't seem quite right.

Could be a bacterial infection which has nothing to do with wether you are sexually active or not. I'd ask you're doctor it's nothing to be embarassed about and i'm sure its a common question with an easy answer.
Some of my friends had this when they were younger. They went to the doctors, had some tablets and it was sorted.

Go to the doctors. You won't have to get naked, or anything. Just say what's been happening.
Could it be linked to your period, by the way?

I'm thinking it's some kind of infection.
Reply 8
As everyone else has said :doctor:
Reply 9
PirateFlag
Brown doesn't seem quite right.

Could be a bacterial infection which has nothing to do with wether you are sexually active or not. I'd ask you're doctor it's nothing to be embarassed about and i'm sure its a common question with an easy answer.

^^

What she said. :p:
Wear a pantyliner. And see your GP
go see your GP
Maybe its the soap/shower gel your using... might be reacting with stuff down there!

Try using Simple, or just try not using anything but water and see if it goes :biggrin:
Reply 13
canestan duo? ask your doctor though.
DON'T buy an antifungal treatment (such as Canesten) from the chemist. A fungal infection (thrush) would produce itching and a thick, creamy white discharge. You almost certainly have a bacterial infection, and it's important that you go and see your doctor so that they can properly assess your condition. If it's long term, they may want to consider the possibility of it having spread further up your reproductive tract to your uterus. In all likelihood it's just bacterial vaginosis and will be easily treatable with antibiotics, but it's very important that instead of doing nothing or trying to treat it yourself, you go and speak to your GP. Don't be embarrassed, they see stuff like that every day.
Reply 15
If it's bothering you and causing you discomfot go and see a doc. But discharge is perfectly normal.

Although, as poitned out before, should not be brown! pantyliners are a good plan and I don't know what yu can do about the smell. If it's noticable when you're not trying to notice it, and especially if you think other people may be able to smell it, definitely get it checked out by your GP.
Shouldn't be brown or weird unless you're about to start your period.
Hmmmmm do your knickers actually feel wet? Because if its that much, you should probably do something!!
Go to your GP.

I'll repeat that for emphasis.

Go to your GP.
Reply 19
Please go to the GP

What you have does not sound healthy.

Latest