The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Congrats to everyone!
I'm an international applicant studying a level in England. I got an offer for chemistry too(AAB) :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 81
Just received an offer for maths G100! (at 5.30pm)
Reply 82
Original post by lmq0209
Just received an offer for maths G100! (at 5.30pm)

congratss!! what are the conditions?
Reply 83
Original post by Nadine10
congratss!! what are the conditions?

Thanks:smile: Just the normal conditions: A*(maths)A*(fur.maths)A+STEP2/Distinction or A*(maths)A(fur.maths)A+STEP1
Reply 84
Huh...didn't really see this thread until now. Got the standard offer for maths (G103) about 10 days back :smile: - Namely A*A*A + 2 in STEP or A*AA + 1 in STEP...which was quite a lovely surprise considering how early it was :P
Reply 85
Original post by amymishi
:smile:

I got it at about 10 pm yesterday! I sent my application on the 7th of October as an international applicant. Conditions are: Grades AAA at A-Level in three subjects including Maths and grade B at AS Level or grade C at A Level in one further subject.

10 pm UK time?? Do they send out that late?
Reply 86
Original post by new123
10 pm UK time?? Do they send out that late?

Sorry that'd be 5pm UK time!
Hey guys! I'm in my first year at warwick studying maths and physics :smile: If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask! Good luck with your offers and a-levels!
Reply 88
Got an offer for French and German (AAB) :biggrin:
Reply 89
Oops, didn't see this thread, reposting from the Applicants thread:

Got offered a conditional for Comp Sci and Business Studies :smile: but I'll have to take TOEFL/IELTS if I want to go there. I emailed them to ask if my predicted A for General Paper at A-level, or my top grade in GCSE-equivalent Language Arts could be accepted, and they said no.

:mad: Fuming - not because I have to take it (that is painful too though, US$220 for TOEFL or S$310 for IELTS), but because they won't recognize my English language qualifications. They read my personal statement, didn't they?

I'm still thrilled though. Except I heard that Warwick is in the middle of nowhere and nearby the city/town is pretty boring - is that true? International student so all I can rely on is anecdotal evidence from you guys :smile:
Original post by saeyan

I'm still thrilled though. Except I heard that Warwick is in the middle of nowhere and nearby the city/town is pretty boring - is that true? International student so all I can rely on is anecdotal evidence from you guys :smile:

That's somewhat true. If you're used to city nightlife then you'll be disappointed. However, if you put 30k odd students anywhere, it's gonna be pretty fun. Leamington has a few good clubs and bars, as does Coventry, and Top B and Circle/Pop at the Union are good. The main pull for me is all the societies and sports clubs on campus, as well as the campus itself. It's arguably the best in the country in those regards.

Edit: Also, Uniexpress does really cheap trips to Gatecrasher and Oceana in Birmingham, good for birthdays etc.
Reply 91
Do you know when warwick usually sends out PPE offers?
Original post by saeyan
Oops, didn't see this thread, reposting from the Applicants thread:

Got offered a conditional for Comp Sci and Business Studies :smile: but I'll have to take TOEFL/IELTS if I want to go there. I emailed them to ask if my predicted A for General Paper at A-level, or my top grade in GCSE-equivalent Language Arts could be accepted, and they said no.

:mad: Fuming - not because I have to take it (that is painful too though, US$220 for TOEFL or S$310 for IELTS), but because they won't recognize my English language qualifications. They read my personal statement, didn't they?

Hey Saeyan,

Congrats on the Offer :biggrin:, When did you send your application off?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 93
Original post by Callum828
That's somewhat true. If you're used to city nightlife then you'll be disappointed.

I'm a city girl, yeah, but don't really care for nightlife at this point. I was just worried that there wouldn't be much fun stuff to do.

Original post by FredrickTrott
Hey Saeyan,

Congrats on the Offer :biggrin:, When did you send your application off?

Thank you - sent mine on 14 Oct.

lowri

Got an offer for French and German (AAB)

Congrats! (that's French and German as two separate courses?)
When should I be expecting a reply (offer/rejection) from Warwick for MMORSE? :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by saeyan

Congrats! (that's French and German as two separate courses?)

Thank you :smile: No, it's a joint course. 50/50.
Reply 96
Received offer a few days ago for Management (forgot to post :tongue:)
Original post by alexsasg
I got an offer yesterday for sociology (AAB) :biggrin:

HEY! You are the first person that is applying for sociology in warwick that i saw! I am applying there as well. I didnt send the application off yet though. Anyways, I have q question. Were your predicted grades that you send off higher than your actual offer? I am just really scared that even though i meet the requirements i will have little chance, because i do not exceed them...I take IB btw.
Reply 98
Original post by nocensure
Hey guys,

Just got an offer to read Economics. The offer was 38 points on IB with a 6 on Maths HL.

Congrats!!
When did you send your UCAS?
Reply 99
Just got an offer on the Discrete Mathematics course (A* in Maths or F. Maths, AA)

Congrats to everyone else with their offers :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending