The Student Room Group

Where do you work and how much do you get paid per hour?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I work in Wetherspoons as a Bar Associate.
Part time 16 hours a week. £6.40p/h.

I also moonlight as a web developer, that pays £30 an hour.
McDonald's, however many hours I want a week

£6.32 an hour

£6.82 for those premium hours :smile:
Whilst i'm doing my Nurse Training I work on my local hospital trusts Nurse Bank as a Healthcare Support Worker on various wards as and when I choose and get;

Mon-Fri £7.29 per hour
Sat £10.49 per hour
Sun & Bank Holidays £13.71 per hour
:biggrin:

Plus enhancements for unsociable hours (after 8pm and before 7:30)

Hard work but Damn good money for someone who is only 18 :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 103
Just got a job at Marks and Spencers- start Thursday for training.

£6.86 an hour :biggrin:
Reply 104
Original post by Hylean
Private teacher at Mímir, two lessons a week, 45mins each: over 50 quid a week. So, roundabouts 50 quid an hour.

Before that, I was an assistant manager, in training, in a bar on a salary of 15.5k a year.

Holy crap that's a lot, what do you teach? Icelandic?
Boots
5 hours a week + any additional shifts that come up.
£5.67 per hour.
Comfy Quilts
9 hours a day
£3.68 (16 minimum wage)

Yeah. Sucks to be me
Reply 107
Work at Argos as a customer advisor. My current hourly rate is £6.08.
Reply 108
Sainsbury's 'Customer service assistant' (Working on Checkouts!)
£7.05 per hour (only found out today my wage had gone up!)

Hoping to leave the world of customers soon & work as a Warehouse Operative for................................. Harrods! They are moving it miles away from London near where I live :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
2 jobs:

1) Online maths tutor, average about £12 per hour
2) Tech crew at my SU, £6.08 per hour :smile:

Nevermind, I saw the link you provided a few posts later for the online maths tutoring. Sounds great though, how are you finding it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 110
B&Q, with London Zone allowance it works out to be £8.14 an hour (even though it's in Reading).
Original post by specialk_698
How did you become an online maths tutor?

I applied to the website!
Toys R Us - £6.08/hour. £4.10 if you're under 18, I was shocked at the difference!
Reply 113
game, xmas temp

£6.40 an hour
Reply 114
pizza hut
i work as a waitress
3.68ph + tips

15-40 hrs, depends on my mood ;D
Iceland :biggrin: £6.20 ph ( great for me, im only 16!)
weekends ( dont know exact hours)

Dominoes - brand new job so i dont the pay, does anyone know the pay for dominoes? And i think im working weekday eavnings :smile:

Kitchen porter ¬¬. £4 and around 10 hrs per week in winter, arounf 25 in summer.
Reply 116
Original post by Joanna-Marie :)
Whilst i'm doing my Nurse Training I work on my local hospital trusts Nurse Bank as a Healthcare Support Worker on various wards as and when I choose and get;

Mon-Fri £7.29 per hour
Sat £10.49 per hour
Sun & Bank Holidays £13.71 per hour
:biggrin:

Plus enhancements for unsociable hours (after 8pm and before 7:30)

Hard work but Damn good money for someone who is only 18 :biggrin:

Hi. I'm about to start an Access to HE course in heath and social care in January and I'm looking for a part-time job in health to gain experience and earn some money. Do you think it is possible to get a PT job as Healthcare Support Worker? And how/where to apply?

Thanks.:smile:
I work in Currys and I get £4.80 an hour :smile: Not a lot, but it's nice to be independent.
care home for physically disabled people. £6.80 something which i think is an incredibly bad wage for someone who spends her time wiping people after theyve gone to the toilet and bathing them and applying creams 'down there'. its not that bad once you get used to it, but what annoys me is that full time staff (im bank) get £10 something for exactly the same job, plus bonuses for unsociable hours like evenings and weekends (which are pretty much the only hours i work but i dont get bonuses).

saying that, it is a decent wage compared to a lot of other jobs, but it is also a damn hard job to do and quite physically demanding.]

oh and hours...well 6 hour shifts normally 4 times a week, but sometimes i do extra if i dont have college
(edited 12 years ago)
I work part time at a drycleaners :P
£5 an hour, 5-7 hrs a week.

Get treated like **** by the customers but the people who work there are nice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest