The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Just got invited to an interview at Cambridge!
Got into UEA
Reply 2002
Yeah I don't want any more e-mails from UCAS after my first rejection!
I still have 1 University that hasn't sent an acknowledgement for processing my form :frown:
Original post by stifa
Nope, I sent them an email though.

And thanks; you too! :biggrin:

If you log into Track and go Choices > course code of the uni that rejected you > view decision letter, it will tell you why you were rejected.

For example I got rejected from Plymouth, and so mine says

"Dear...

Your application is no longer being considered by Plymouth University for Optometry, B510 because either they have decided not to offer you a place or your application has been withdrawn. The reason is given below.

Your application has been unsuccessful

Not met academic criteria."

This was because I was predicted A*AB when my B subject needed to be an A for this course. This didn't stop me from getting offers from the other unis of the same course though!
Reply 2004
Original post by britchick
If you log into Track and go Choices > course code of the uni that rejected you > view decision letter, it will tell you why you were rejected.

For example I got rejected from Plymouth, and so mine says

"Dear...

Your application is no longer being considered by Plymouth University for Optometry, B510 because either they have decided not to offer you a place or your application has been withdrawn. The reason is given below.

Your application has been unsuccessful

Not met academic criteria."

This was because I was predicted A*AB when my B subject needed to be an A for this course. This didn't stop me from getting offers from the other unis of the same course though!

"Your application is no longer being considered by The University of Birmingham for Computer Systems Engineering, H602 because either they have decided not to offer you a place or your application has been withdrawn. The reason is given below.

Your application has been unsuccessful"

...and then follows some general info from UCAS...
Reply 2005
Another week passed without any interviews :frown: I just want something good to happen already
Should I be worried that people are being given out conditional offers for the same course as me at the same university, when I already have the correct grade requirements yet still haven't heard anything? :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Just got an e-mail from Royal Holloway with the program for the UCAS Day/Interview I'm going to next week.
I AM SO EXCITED.
If an offer says "This offer is inclusive of cached AS points" does that mean that any points I have from doing just AS subjects count towards the total tariff points i need? :smile:
Does track update on weekends as well or do the unis give the admissions officers a break?
Just got an offer for law from Birmingham University !! :biggrin:

I was one of the people who had been waiting for over a month without any reply, and assured myself i was gonna get 5 rejections .

Hopes this gives other people hope and lets other people without offers yet to just stay calm, and I wish good luck to everyone else with their application !
Original post by Jabberwox
Should I be worried that people are being given out conditional offers for the same course as me at the same university, when I already have the correct grade requirements yet still haven't heard anything? :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

I applied at the same place for the same course as my friend. I applied a week earlier than she did , yet she had an offer a week before i did !

Goes to show that you really shouldnt worry about toher people too much, and try to relax as much as possible :smile:
Original post by Like a BAWS
Just got an offer for law from Birmingham University !! :biggrin:

I was one of the people who had been waiting for over a month without any reply, and assured myself i was gonna get 5 rejections .

Hopes this gives other people hope and lets other people without offers yet to just stay calm, and I wish good luck to everyone else with their application !

Fantastic, well done :smile:
Original post by Jabberwox

I have the same issue and it's making me go slightly nuts... the only reason I can think of for my application for Kings (which is the one I'm waiting for) that they haven't given me an offer is that I don't exceed the requirements I just meet them, unlike the people I know that have offers... its still really annoying though :frown:
but to be honest, if they meet the correct requirements and your PS was good, there's no reason for them not to, so maybe we're just in the next batch? (hopefully :biggrin:)
Original post by logiadoevus
International students enter predicted grades just like everyone else, except instead of school doing it, they do it themselves.

um...my college will do that for me :P
Reply 2015
Original post by caycemarieeh.
I've just received an acknowledgement email from Lincoln :smile: ...really hope i get some sort of offer from them!

There really quick, I got my conditional offer 5 days after I sent my application
Original post by stifa
"Your application is no longer being considered by The University of Birmingham for Computer Systems Engineering, H602 because either they have decided not to offer you a place or your application has been withdrawn. The reason is given below.

Your application has been unsuccessful"

...and then follows some general info from UCAS...

Ohh, sorry I wasn't much help then :/ that is really odd, I hope they get back to you soon!
Original post by Niiiiiiiiiick
If an offer says "This offer is inclusive of cached AS points" does that mean that any points I have from doing just AS subjects count towards the total tariff points i need? :smile:

Lucky! (yes, it does :smile:)
My friend has got a conditional offer with AS points inclusive as well. For her Sociology course, she only needs 280 UCAS points including AS so her fourth AS level in which she got like a B or C already takes up quite a large section of that!

Well done :biggrin:

Edit: I mean, if you did do an extra AS level (one you dropped once you reached A2 levels) then those points will go towards your conditional offer :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by lausa22
Yeah I don't want any more e-mails from UCAS after my first rejection!
I still have 1 University that hasn't sent an acknowledgement for processing my form :frown:

Unlucky with the rejection! :frown: I got one too, albeit I got it after an offer from my favourite uni.. you will feel so much better with your first offer, don't worry! Why did they reject you, did they say??
Reply 2019
Original post by britchick
Unlucky with the rejection! :frown: I got one too, albeit I got it after an offer from my favourite uni.. you will feel so much better with your first offer, don't worry! Why did they reject you, did they say??

Congrats on teh offer from your fav uni! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest