The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS4 Research Theme June 2012

The theme is takeovers and mergers!
any ideas what to investigate
Thank guys
Kraft's takeover of Cadbury is an obvious one. You should probably find a few others, maybe successful takeovers/mergers and comparing them with not so successful takeovers/mergers.

Takeovers and mergers is way more interesting than what I had with BUSS4 last year!

also, have a look at tutor2u business studies blog's. Some good starting points, tips and case studies on there. Helped me quite a bit when I was researching.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Kraft and Cadbury is what my teacher recommended.
any approaches to the question
how to connect the case study and my research
Reply 3
I've found Alliance Boots good to research, they formed through a merger for UniChem and Boots, lots of information online and then they have taken over smaller businesses like D&A Opticians.
Reply 4
Does anyone know any other useful business blogs apart from tutor2u ?
Reply 5
The guardian website has a good Mergers and Aquisitions blog

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/mergers-and-acquisitions
Reply 6
If Cadbury didn't want Kraft to take them over, why did they let them? I am so confused. The people at Cadbury are really upset by the acquisition but surely the could have stopped it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
The decision about whether to agree to a takeover is taken by the shareholders only. Only they can decide whether to sell the company.

When the cadbury shareholders eventually voted on the Kraft bid, over 30% of the shareholders had bought their Cadbury shares in the preceding weeks - they were mainly American hedge funds. No wonder, therefore, the Cadbury voted to accept the bid

Jim

Original post by TB.93
If Cadbury didn't want Kraft to take them over, why did they let them? I am so confused. The people at Cadbury are really upset by the acquisition but surely the could have stopped it?
Reply 8
We've set up a dedicated blog for the AQA Section A research theme on takeovers and mergers.

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/C634

Jim

Original post by joeade94
Does anyone know any other useful business blogs apart from tutor2u ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending