The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Where can I find the top student accommodations in Nottingham

I'm hoping to have a budget of at least £5000 to spend on my student accommodation, since I'm planning on switching unis and moving away from home. That should be enough to stay somewhere nice but where should I look in order to get the best value for money? I would really appreciate some advice.

Scroll to see replies

Depends what you're looking for, but if you've got decent money to spend, i'd recommend Trinity Square
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Goldsmith Court.
Trinity square looks good but does it have a community feel to it? Because in some accommodations it's hard to mix with people because everyone's a little isolated from each other.

Goldsmith....I've heard good things about it. I might just visit both when I (hopefully) go to Nottingham next week.
Both have large living/communal areas. Goldsmith is pretty much next to the University itself, but there's not a huge difference between either hall really.
Reply 5
Check out iQ here they have limited rooms left so if you like the look of them then act quickly!
There is also Victoria Halls which are quite nice, Glasshouse , Goldsmithand Trinity Square :smile:
Thanks people, I'm going to check them all out (as well as the university) tomorrow, hopefully :smile:
Original post by Awwaaba
Thanks people, I'm going to check them all out (as well as the university) tomorrow, hopefully :smile:

Best of luck.
Thank you, I've decided that if I pick NTU I'll go for Goldsmith, unless they run out of rooms. That's because the location is perfect, right next to the Law school. If I don't get in I'll go for Trinity Square.
(edited 12 years ago)
can anyone on here tell me if IQ is a good place for a first year to go? Thanks :smile:
Original post by toschoolforcool
can anyone on here tell me if IQ is a good place for a first year to go? Thanks :smile:

I'm not sure, I'm going back to Nottingham on the 11th to book whichever one is the best but IQ only allow tours on Wednesday so I can't book with them.

IQ, Glasshouse and Victoria Hall are a 16 minute walk from the uni campus, not much but I would prefer booking somewhere that is closer.
OK, I'm now torn between Russell View and Goldsmith Court. The location of Goldsmith court is perfect, next door to the Law school but Russell View is so pretty and is just a 10 minute walk away.
Reply 12
Victoria Hall for sure :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Awwaaba
I'm not sure, I'm going back to Nottingham on the 11th to book whichever one is the best but IQ only allow tours on Wednesday so I can't book with them.

IQ, Glasshouse and Victoria Hall are a 16 minute walk from the uni campus, not much but I would prefer booking somewhere that is closer.

Victoria Hall is right near town though which is where I would prefer to be :smile:
Victoria Hall definitely has the best prices but like I said, I'm going to have a look around all of them on the 11th. I called up all the accommodations I listed and they said they would give me tours on the day (except IQ). After that I'll take all the pros and cons into account and come to a decision (boy this is tough :frown: )
Does anyone know about Cotton Mills? The prices are great but I'm a little suspicious as to why they ask for so much less than anywhere else.
Reply 16
'Awwaaba' - I know the area cotton mills is in very well and have stayed there it is very good for what you pay, it has a mini gym, a huge bike store, aldi across the road, nice big kitchen/dinners that perhaps alot of ntu accomodation doesn't have, the atmosphere is very friendly and studenty even though you are a good walk away from the city campus, youll make loads of friends, but the only reason I would say the price is what it is is because you'd soon learn Radford is quite a rough area. It has a high crime rate and walking around the streets can be intimidating. You dont go out unless you have a reason to. However, Ive not known many students run into much trouble, if you keep your head down and dont go flaunting valubles when you're out, you should be fine. I have a friend there thats managed perfectly fine with the exception of having his car broken into, even then noone took anything, infact they left a pair of headphones on the seat! the building is soooo secure, you have to have a fob to get into everything so dont worry about that. id still recomend it though, thought I'd just tell you what they don't on the website etc.
Original post by buckerz
'Awwaaba' - I know the area cotton mills is in very well and have stayed there it is very good for what you pay, it has a mini gym, a huge bike store, aldi across the road, nice big kitchen/dinners that perhaps alot of ntu accomodation doesn't have, the atmosphere is very friendly and studenty even though you are a good walk away from the city campus, youll make loads of friends, but the only reason I would say the price is what it is is because you'd soon learn Radford is quite a rough area. It has a high crime rate and walking around the streets can be intimidating. You dont go out unless you have a reason to. However, Ive not known many students run into much trouble, if you keep your head down and dont go flaunting valubles when you're out, you should be fine. I have a friend there thats managed perfectly fine with the exception of having his car broken into, even then noone took anything, infact they left a pair of headphones on the seat! the building is soooo secure, you have to have a fob to get into everything so dont worry about that. id still recomend it though, thought I'd just tell you what they don't on the website etc.

Thanks for your feedback :smile:. Yeah, I have heard some not-so-nice stuff about Radford and I do intend to stay in the library until late at times, which will force me to either walk in that area at night or spend money on taxis. If that were not the case, I would have definitely considered it. I booked a room at Goldsmith though now so it's done :biggrin:.
Reply 18
good choice, Ive heard its good there, even taxis aren't that safe, heard so many stories about drivers driving off before students get their bags out the cars! but i suppose youd get that in any big city :/ good luck anyway :smile:
Hi I have just signed up with Talbot Studios on Talbot Street - Its look really nice and there rooms are huge . But not sure if your £5,000.00 will be enough - I went for one of the premium rooms!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending