The Student Room Group

The Official Stocks and Shares Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6680
Original post by Noble.
Ignore him, he's an idiot. He got in trouble with the FSA for posting drivel, and he's making out they intercepted on his plans to reveal market sensitive information. He started dropping names, saying certain people (including the CEO of Exxon) have been in contact with him and have told him information. He's has been wrong so many times already, yet people are still listening to him. When something he says doesn't pan out, he just deletes those posts - it's truly comical. :lol:

I dont take much notice of him, but was curious to know why he ant no longer post about gkp. He does seem comical tbh, seems to be spouting stuff about xel now lol
Reply 6681
Original post by vn2009
I dont take much notice of him, but was curious to know why he ant no longer post about gkp. He does seem comical tbh, seems to be spouting stuff about xel now lol

no idea, it is being priced by pain tho, maybe it will take another 6 months before people decide they can't take it anymore or maybe it will have to go down further...200 is obviously a big level. given what happened today I would imagine it just became a "long-term trade" for a lot of people.

being cynical, i would say that Freeman is probably getting paid by someone to boost the price, the spike is over so that is that.
Original post by viksta1000
4000 shares (around £800 at the time)...I wish I had £4000 to throw at RBS...sadly im just a humble student! :biggrin:

Went down to 21.2pps today. I think I'll hold off until next quarterly results are out. Though I really want to buy in, I do not have the money to tie up.
Original post by Greg.
I read GKP are planning a placement with a 160p placement price. They didn't want this news out, and are threatening the leaker with High Court. So I'd be wary about GKP.

10 May 2012

Gulf Keystone Petroleum Ltd. (AIM: GKP)
("Gulf Keystone" or "the Company")

Response to Speculation

Gulf Keystone notes the continued and unfounded speculation on various bulletin boards and other social media sites regarding an alleged planned placing of the Company's shares at 160p per share.

Gulf Keystone does not normally comment on such unfounded speculation. However, due to the damaging and misleading nature of these various comments which have been posted on bulletin boards and other social media sites during the past 24 hours, the Company feels it must respond.

Accordingly, Gulf Keystone is pleased to confirm categorically that it has no current intention of undertaking an institutional fundraising.

The Company is also pleased to confirm that the process regarding the sale of its 20% stake in the Akri-Bijeel block in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, is continuing and negotiations are ongoing with several interested bidders. The Company will issue further updates as appropriate.

Don't believe everything you read on Bulletin Boards.
http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?code=cotn:GKP.L&display=news&it=le
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Jeester
Went down to 21.2pps today. I think I'll hold off until next quarterly results are out. Though I really want to buy in, I do not have the money to tie up.

ahhh, that's fair enough...I took the plunge and bought 1500 at 22.26...currently trading at 22.87

but yeah, if you don't want to tie your money up...then just wait until you have the capital and the time....people often rush in with the mind-set of "NOW's the time to make money"...but its always the time to make money...the markets are never gonna just disappear overnight....so a mature decision to hold off!!!
ahhh, that's fair enough...I took the plunge and bought 1500 at 22.26...currently trading at 22.87

but yeah, if you don't want to tie your money up...then just wait until you have the capital and the time....people often rush in with the mind-set of "NOW's the time to make money"...but its always the time to make money...the markets are never gonna just disappear overnight....so a mature decision to hold off!!!

What's your exit strategy for your long term? If you don't mind me asking.
Original post by Jeester
What's your exit strategy for your long term? If you don't mind me asking.

the figure I have in mind is around 120p..its going to be a looong wait until it reaches that area again, RBS has gone through alot of consolidation of its assets and operations, so its a much smaller firm than it was pre-2009...but its brand presence is still recognised globally, so fingers crossed, it should still reach a figure of around 60-80p within the next few years

until then...hopefully they'll start dividends on ordinary shares soon too
Reply 6687
120p? You've gotta be joking.
Reply 6688
I dont think it will reach 120p in the next few years, it might hit 50p max but nothing near 120p dude.
How do i get started? I've saved up a bit of money and i want to start investing in stocks - How do i invest? I got rejected by TD Direct Investment for putting Unemployed..I should of put Student..That was a fail.

Can you guys tell me who you guys are with? I'm 20 years old if thats any consolation

Hope to hear from you guys and start this journey.

Thanks.
Original post by Notorious123
How do i get started? I've saved up a bit of money and i want to start investing in stocks - How do i invest? I got rejected by TD Direct Investment for putting Unemployed..I should of put Student..That was a fail.

Can you guys tell me who you guys are with? I'm 20 years old if thats any consolation

Hope to hear from you guys and start this journey.

Thanks.

if you don't have a massive amount get a stocks and shares isa
Reply 6691
I got a load of C shares from Rolls Royce. What's the point of them? They're valued at 0.1p
So. JP Morgan with an unexpected loss. Wounded. Wonder what it will do to shares...
Already fallen by 6% after hours.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tobedotty
if you don't have a massive amount get a stocks and shares isa

I'm planning to do it online. Do you know any specific websites/companies to get a account with? What is a common website?

Let me know -As i am still a fairly newbie guy to all this.

Thanks for responding.
Original post by Axion
120p? You've gotta be joking.

Original post by vn2009
I dont think it will reach 120p in the next few years, it might hit 50p max but nothing near 120p dude.

no no, that's my exit kind of 'hope' as you will

I totally agree that 120p in the next couple of years is optimistic...60p by around 2014-2015 is more likely
Reply 6695
no no, that's my exit kind of 'hope' as you will

I totally agree that 120p in the next couple of years is optimistic...60p by around 2014-2015 is more likely

Good to see your being realistic dude, so many ppl get caught in the hype, when they first start trading. As i did :colondollar:
Original post by vn2009
Good to see your being realistic dude, so many ppl get caught in the hype, when they first start trading. As i did :colondollar:

same here...a year back...jumped in blind...read numerous articles on the internet with all these 'tactics' on how the markets can be 'predicted'...a load of tosh

but i'm much more disciplined now, and touch wood, my new approach seems to be paying off :smile:!...but there's always more to learn!
If you take a look at Spain 35 over the past month it's fairly simple to guess where it's going next. Just a thought :smile:
JPMorgan will bounce back.

Quick Reply