The Student Room Group

Should i report this? Driving without licence or insurance?

Lets keep this simple. I live in manchester. And i have noticed that Theres a few youngsters in my area that buy bangers, rag em around, do handbrake turns, skids, wheelspins, pop fire shots in exhausts, they have like 4 different cars each week, and all of them be damaged (maybe crash for crash claims damage jobs) :s-smilie: . They drive em around fast as they can, they have no licences or insurance. Then they sell the cars on to innocent people through gumtree for cheap.

Worse thing is, that the area i live in is rough, thers like 4 police cars patroling the main road all day, and plenty more in undercover cars. And still these guys are at it. What if they crash into me, or some other innocent person?

Do you think i should report them to the police or leave them to it? What if the police tell them that i snitched?

Cheers.

Scroll to see replies

YES!!

I am sick to death of hearing chavs driving round on uninsured bikes/cars. They obviously have no insurance or tax because slimier to you its a new one every week.

And lets face it if they crash into another person its totally unfair on them.

Good Luck
Reply 2
Jobsworth.
Reply 3
Original post by Pitt1988
Jobsworth.

What you mean? How would you like it if some that aint got licence or insurance crashed into you and killed a passenger or injured one of your passenger serverely?!

Im just wondering if i shud report em, cause they are the top dogs and got links, they roll deep :/
Reply 4
The police can't tell them who reported.

Go for it. These people need to be kept off the roads.
Reply 5
I've never reported anything and am not sure how it works. But I believe you can do it anonymously or have the police not reveal your identity? If you can do that, then report them.
Reply 6
Original post by Kazbian
I've never reported anything and am not sure how it works. But I believe you can do it anonymously or have the police not reveal your identity? If you can do that, then report them.

I think i might just leave them to it. They are good drivers to be honest, but they'l probably get caught by the Five-0. Worse thing is, that their cars appear to be insured, just check on askMID. The car's previous owner prob still hasnt taken the plates of the database. And they've got their tax and mot. So chance's of ANPR at light.

Forget em, their risking their licence and record. Il leave em to it. Plus, no one likes a grass.
Reply 7
Original post by VtecMB3
I think i might just leave them to it. They are good drivers to be honest, but they'l probably get caught by the Five-0. Worse thing is, that their cars appear to be insured, just check on askMID. The car's previous owner prob still hasnt taken the plates of the database. And they've got their tax and mot. So chance's of ANPR at light.

Forget em, their risking their licence and record. Il leave em to it. Plus, no one likes a grass.

Biggest pile of **** I've read on this forum.
Reply 8
You should absolutely report the idiots. The only thing required for evil [or ********s] to prevail, is for good people to do nothing. Wonder who said that? :cool:
Reply 9
you can be anonymous when reporting bad people to the police.
Reply 10
How should i report them then? I prefer to be anonymous, shall i just go into a phone box, call 999, and change my voice, not giving name or any contact information about me ?

And should i wear leather gloves so i my finger prints dont be on the phone too?

Thanks.
Reply 11
There is that service where you can report crime anonymously and if you helped the case you might get a reward. This is it I think: http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/?gclid=CLXkg6XN17ACFUYntAodzScn2g
Original post by VtecMB3

And should i wear leather gloves so i my finger prints dont be on the phone too?

Thanks.

:troll::troll::troll:
Reply 13
Report them.

I live in an area similar to what you've described by the sounds of it, a few months ago some **** trying to be smart went round the bend and flipped his car over :rolleyes: The joke's on him because he was banned from driving for the foreseeable future.
Reply 14
LOL, you're the one without insurance, you admitted to insurance fraud earlier on a thread.
Reply 15
Original post by VtecMB3

It's anonymous. Who cares about being called a grass? Grow a pair.
Reply 16
Original post by IndyAM
LOL, you're the one without insurance, you admitted to insurance fraud earlier on a thread.

Lol
Original post by VtecMB3

It's their licence and record, but it's the lives of innocents and your premiums that are damaged and raised respectively by idiots. You have a responsibility as a citizen, hell even as just a motorist, to report people driving dangerously and without a licence or insurance.
Reply 18
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
It's their licence and record, but it's the lives of innocents and your premiums that are damaged and raised respectively by idiots. You have a responsibility as a citizen, hell even as just a motorist, to report people driving dangerously and without a licence or insurance.

Im gonna pop down to the local phone box (has to be out of CCTV camera view) tomorow to do the deed. I see people doing drug deals everyday and know who the local drug dealers are, and also where they grow it. Can i get paid to snitch??
Reply 19
Original post by Sashari
There is that service where you can report crime anonymously and if you helped the case you might get a reward. This is it I think: http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/?gclid=CLXkg6XN17ACFUYntAodzScn2g

Thanks man! I just went on the site, but they do not give rewards online, however they do on the phone. I know so many drug dealing spot and people who do drugs, can even take photographic evidence. Once i snitch, and if they are arrested and charged, i can claim a reward up to maximum of £1000! And i dont need to tell them my name! Or any identification.

Just found a part time job now, being a undercover snitch!

Thanks man, your a superstar bro!

Quick Reply

Latest