Medicine Man
You shouldn't really have to! :teeth:

Also, I think the thread title should be changed to Barts and The London . :p:

Agreed...Thank you Narik. :smile:
Reply 3
Medicine Man
You shouldn't really have to! :teeth:

Also, I think the thread title should be changed to Barts and The London . :p:

I agree. I think UCL wins. :teeth: Seriously though, I honestly can't choose between both. :dontknow:

And I'll change it...*cough*pedanticmuch*cough* :teehee:

Master.K
-

No problem. :top:
Narik

And I'll change it...*cough*pedanticmuch*cough* :teehee:

:h:
I shall join this group for now but I am still somewhat undecided. Who wants to sell Barts and the London to me?
Reply 6
Okay, I'm definitely applying here. :h:
Reply 7
im applying..
Thinking about it.... but what if the cut-offs are crazy?
I might be applying when I research what I expect their UKCAT cut off to be! Does anyone know the cut off for last year?
Reply 10
665. Will probably go up this year.
Reply 11
Narik
Okay, I'm definitely applying here. :h:

What about ucl? :smile:
Reply 12
Master.K
What about ucl? :smile:

I prefer Barts. :h:
Reply 13
Narik
I prefer Barts. :h:

Cool. :cool:

Hey how long did you spend practicing the ukcat?
I rescheduled mine all the way in october. (Haven't done enough practice).

Is it worth subscribing to UPO?
How realistic is it?:p:
a moist feeling
I shall join this group for now but I am still somewhat undecided. Who wants to sell Barts and the London to me?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=22827366&postcount=1618
SabreT
665. Will probably go up this year.

dunno, you can never be sure,
but if i was a gambling man i'd say it'll stay the same/decrease
JordanCarroll
dunno, you can never be sure,
but if i was a gambling man i'd say it'll stay the same/decrease

Any reasons why?
InItToWinItGetIt?
Any reasons why?

well here's some history from my time applying,
during the 2009 cycle barts gave out too many offers, and more people achieved the grades than expected. Obviously they can't go back on their offers, so barts faced fines for taking on too many students, they even offered £3000 (i think) to any student that would postpone starting to 2010 but unfortunately only like 2 people took up the offer :p:
Following this us applicants were informed on here that Barts were very likely to to decrease their 2010 intake, which on its own would have increased the UKCAT cut off.

now they may have balanced the books in terms of students, so they may increase intake again, or keep it the same as 2010 (my independent speculation)

although seeing as there was a very sharp increase in the ukcat cut off from 2009 - 10
'09 = 612.5
'10 = 665
this may now attract applicants with higher scores, and deter those with lower scores from applying, as applicants attempt to apply tactically,

but tbh if you really want to apply to barts, do it,
there's 0 chance of you getting in if you don't apply :p:
JordanCarroll
well here's some history from my time applying,
during the 2009 cycle barts gave out too many offers, and more people achieved the grades than expected. Obviously they can't go back on their offers, so barts faced fines for taking on too many students, they even offered £3000 (i think) to any student that would postpone starting to 2010 but unfortunately only like 2 people took up the offer :p:
Following this us applicants were informed on here that Barts were very likely to to decrease their 2010 intake, which on its own would have increased the UKCAT cut off.

now they may have balanced the books in terms of students, so they may increase intake again, or keep it the same as 2010 (my independent speculation)

although seeing as there was a very sharp increase in the ukcat cut off from 2009 - 10
'09 = 612.5
'10 = 665
this may now attract applicants with higher scores, and deter those with lower scores from applying, as applicants attempt to apply tactically,

but tbh if you really want to apply to barts, do it,
there's 0 chance of you getting in if you don't apply :p:

This is my concern lol.. but anyway I think (I keep changing my mind!) I have decided by 4th choice (Peninsula) but thank you very much for the info :smile:

I would have so taken an extra 3000 quid :biggrin: :p: lol
Do Bart's just look at the average of your UKCAT scores? I have a 740 average, which I'm hoping will be sufficient, but 660 in DA (QR 780, VR 710, AR 810) - any guesses whether or not this would be considered okay?

Quick Reply