The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FaraxZeroIncome
There's no such thing as the "original" territory. Use common sense for Christ sake.
And no, others did not live there but started moving eastwards due to pastoral needs. You don't even seem to know your own history.

I don't believe I can continue in a rational conversation with you beyond this message if you believe idoor is the majority of Sanaag. I really, I just, I just can't ..:facepalm2:

:facepalm2: I'm not even gonna bother so I'm just going to show you this.

http://www.somalilandpatriots.com/print-10827-0

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/55119-Somaliland-International-Boundaries

http://www.somalilandpatriots.com/news-4228-0

SSC is not a terrorist group otherwise their leadership wouldn't have been able to hold a conference just 1 km from my house. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/other/des/123085.htm

Pathetic, calling others terrorists because you don't agree with their views.

Any group who disturbs the peace with violence is a terrorist, I don't need the US to tell me which one is or not.
http://www.garoweonline.com/english/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=459:tongue:untland-leader-criticizes-tfg-support-of-armed-clan-militia&catid=55:somalia&Itemid=79

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3WyGY-EruM bit biased

:rofl: the so called pro-Somaliland (have you even read the page?) and other websites just proved my point, the only people talking about a separation of the Awdal state is the well-off Diaspora Somalis that haven't even asked the opinion of the people who matter the most in this stupid conflict, the ones actually living there!

harowo.com
Additionally, Awdal State’s chance of leaving Somaliland is next to nil because it is not the well-off Diasporas who control the destiny of the province, but it is the locals in Awdal, their elders, and their politicians who decide everything. And as you know they spoke against Awdal State loud and clear.

They also warned the SSC militant to stay away from Awdal region’s affairs. As one wise man, a clan chief, from Awdal put it, “Buul gubanayaa, kama naxo buul fayaw…or a torched hut doesn’t care about another hut that is safe from the blaze”. In other words: you (SSC supporters) burned your house [Sool]; don’t destroy ours [Awdal]. Also, addressing the Awdal Diasporas that declared Awdal State, the chief said, “Boqol doolar oo xawaalad la soo dhigo la’arag, laakiin dawlad dhan oo xawaalad la soo dhigo lama arag…or we have seen a hundred dollar (remittance) that you sent through a money transfer agency, but we have never seen an entire government sent through a money transfer agency!” No one could have possibly worded it better than the chief did.

Here's another one that I should bring to your attention:

harowo.com
Something else that you are forgetting is: Awdal State was announced in early ‘90s but didn’t go anywhere, for the same reasons that it won’t go anywhere today. Awdal people have commendably achieved a lot and won’t be tricked by the SSC militia who burned their land, or some Awdal individuals interested in participating Somalia’s interminable conferences but realized they were missing the bargaining chip. That is, the main perquisite for participating in the conferences demand to create their region, just as the Somalia’s warring factions do, repeatedly.

Awdal people established Somaliland in 1996 under a tree, after three months of deliberations in Borame, the capital of Awdal. So destroying the same country they nourished and established is illogical and unthinkable. However, curing its ills and guiding it to the right path is the only programmatic approach to address their grievances; after all, they created Somaliland.

Don't quote your own propaganda units you imbecile.

Pot kettle black my friend

It's pathetic, that's what it is. Kulaha "War memorial" :cry:. I am not anti "Somaliland", I am anti occupation.

It's a shame that so many Anti-Somaliland people are more concerned in finding anything against Somaliland instead of using that energy to improve the other regions such as southern Somalia :sadnod:

By what you've shown you clearly are one which is why I'll stop having any meaningful conversation and end it here. I will instead ask you to watch the events unfold in Somaliland and see that any talk of separation from any of those regions is nonsense.
(edited 12 years ago)

God damn. Seriously, are you mentally retarded? Stop with the ****ty links. Forums and sites from the enclave of "Somaliland" isn't going to change anyones mind. I can't believe your ucas signature says psychology, what an utter embarrassment you are to the field, you should have done more to defend your side. It's so easy yet you fail so miserably.

Haha, again. Why, why are you doing this to yourself, I just don't get it. :giggle:. Faroole is a confused man and he never called SSC a terrorist organisation. That's a step too far. No one did. The US hasn't, the European union hasn't. Only this small unrecognized limbo state which no one gives two facks about has. :biggrin:.
If any group that disturbs the "peace" is a terrorist group that would mean the Palestinians are terrorists. I would like to see you argue that point. :smile:

:rofl: the so called pro-Somaliland (have you even read the page?) and other websites just proved my point, the only people talking about a separation of the Awdal state is the well-off Diaspora Somalis that haven't even asked the opinion of the people who matter the most in this stupid conflict, the ones actually living there!

By what you've shown you clearly are one which is why I'll stop having any meaningful conversation and end it here. I will instead ask you to watch the events unfold in Somaliland and see that any talk of separation from any of those regions is nonsense.

I'm using facts, you are dreaming. I will look to see how things unfold. 1991, wasn't that when you separated? I don't see you at the United Nations. I don't see you anyway. In fact, look at this welcome your governor got.

A commoner yes? :banana:

As for the Awdal business, no, it's not just well-off diaspora, and don't make it a class issue. It's a clan issue. They have no representation. They wouldn't be able to carry this off without people on the ground.

Also you didn't address my point. Egal was the one who said Riyoole should be governor because it would seem open to people around the world and further the case for independence that a minority man could be governor. Awdal would also not need to succeed then. That's also what the article addresses with the 1996 "secession" from "Somaliland".
I promised myself I wouldn't continue but this just :banghead:
Original post by FaraxZeroIncome
God damn. Seriously, are you mentally retarded? Stop with the ****ty links. Forums and sites from the enclave of "Somaliland" isn't going to change anyones mind. I can't believe your ucas signature says psychology, what an utter embarrassment you are to the field, you should have done more to defend your side. It's so easy yet you fail so miserably.

Calm down dear, no need to get your knickers in a twists.

All I did was show you some links because I cba to waste my time. But all you do is dismiss them because they're from Somaliland even though your sources are not exactly a beacon of objectivity while also contradicting your point with the sources and use personal attacks to prove your point (did you really have to look at my sig and details to argue?), so there isn't any point continuing is there?

Haha, again. Why, why are you doing this to yourself, I just don't get it. :giggle:. Faroole is a confused man and he never called SSC a terrorist organisation. That's a step too far. No one did. The US hasn't, the European union hasn't. Only this small unrecognized limbo state which no one gives two facks about has. :biggrin:.
If any group that disturbs the "peace" is a terrorist group that would mean the Palestinians are terrorists. I would like to see you argue that point. :smile:

I was about to say something until I saw the bold part.

The simple fact that HAMAS is in your precious US link of list of terrorist groups pretty much destroys this argument and makes you look like a contradictory fool. :mmm:

I'm using facts, you are dreaming. I will look to see how things unfold. 1991, wasn't that when you separated? I don't see you at the United Nations. I don't see you anyway. In fact, look at this welcome your governor got.

A commoner yes? :banana:

Ahh yes the "unrecognised" argument, the all to popular and last argument of anti-somaliland people.

But you keep on forgetting that unlike Somalia, Somaliland has improved in numerous fields while being unrecognised and still is planning to improve right now with international support. While Somalia, who is recognised by the international community is being ridiculed by them and is going down to the dumps.

Unrecognised peaceful Somaliland or War ridden recognised Somalia? I know which one I would chose.

As for the Awdal business, no, it's not just well-off diaspora, and don't make it a class issue. It's a clan issue. They have no representation. They wouldn't be able to carry this off without people on the ground.

They have been doing this since 1995 and what happened since then? Nothing and never will. The only reason that there is talks about it and popular coverage it's because they had ceremonies outside the country and somehow expect that it "hey presto" they have a state. It is about the Diaspora (as was shown by your link).

Harowo.com
With all due disrespect to Awdal communities in Diaspora, what Mr. Yabarag considers a glimmer of hope tantamount to extravagance house parties, held in overseas, specially, when Somalis and their livestock are dying because of lack of water. (I too have been bored out of my mind lately and certainly would have attended one of those parties, had they held in my city.) But ask the same party goers to attend a fundraising event for our drought-stricken people back home; from headaches to hectic schedules, there will be one too many excuses not to raise funds for our desperate people.

Still, most of the party goers were not even from Awdal region; but they were the supporters of the SSC militia and disoriented Somalis, who probably have never visited Awdal. These Somalis and SSC’s supporters thought they found hope or “Rajo” as Sado Ali told the VOA because few people decided to have house parties and announced Awdal State in overseas. Also, see this article about Sado’s warmongering.

Harowo.com
Gathering a group of Somali party goers into a glamorous party halls, excessively kissing and hugging a flag that they just met, no need to develop an emotional attachment to the flag whatsoever, where people intermingle and exchange phone numbers more than they share their views about the new Awdal State’s establishment is clearly misleading. Let me show you what I mean from a different perspective: in all over the world, thousands of Somalis from all over the regions that Somalis inhabit in east Africa attend the Somaliland day’s celebrations, May 18, every year, waving Somaliland’s flag, dancing, and posing for pictures. Are they all pro-Somaliland? No. With the exception of the Somalilanders, most of the Somalis are simply party goers. The same could be said about the Awdal State’s party crashers. (And without party crashers, parties wouldn’t be fun anymore, would they?)

Additionally, Awdal State’s chance of leaving Somaliland is next to nil because it is not the well-off Diasporas who control the destiny of the province, but it is the locals in Awdal, their elders, and their politicians who decide everything. And as you know they spoke against Awdal State loud and clear.

Also you didn't address my point. Egal was the one who said Riyoole should be governor because it would seem open to people around the world and further the case for independence that a minority man could be governor. Awdal would also not need to succeed then. That's also what the article addresses with the 1996 "secession" from "Somaliland".

That doesn't change the fact that Awdal had representatives (not only Riyale) and Awdal being the birth place of our government system, it is a central part of Somaliland and wont be given up as it doesn't have a 100% (or the majority for that matter) support in the region. But then again we just have to wait and see.

Thank you and good night
Original post by The Cornerstone
I promised myself I wouldn't continue but this just :banghead:

Calm down dear, no need to get your knickers in a twists.

All I did was show you some links because I cba to waste my time. But all you do is dismiss them because they're from Somaliland even though your sources are not exactly a beacon of objectivity while also contradicting your point with the sources and use personal attacks to prove your point (did you really have to look at my sig and details to argue?), so there isn't any point continuing is there?

Wow, can I have a cup of tea with that, some biscuits maybe? Rather unusual language from a idoor.

My sources are impartial, your sources are not. I looked at your UCAS to see what you study, I find it rather odd that a student of psychology would be so dumb but we all know I am wrong, seeing as it's a mickey mouse subject.

I was about to say something until I saw the bold part.

The simple fact that HAMAS is in your precious US link of list of terrorist groups pretty much destroys this argument and makes you look like a contradictory fool. :mmm:

No, it doesn't. It's merely to prove that you are the only one who believes SSC is a terrorist group. Hamas is not considered to be a terrorist group by everyone, SSC is not considered to be a terrorist group by ANYONE except your kind.

Ahh yes the "unrecognised" argument, the all to popular and last argument of anti-somaliland people.

But you keep on forgetting that unlike Somalia, Somaliland has improved in numerous fields while being unrecognised and still is planning to improve right now with international support. While Somalia, who is recognised by the international community is being ridiculed by them and is going down to the dumps.

Unrecognised peaceful Somaliland or War ridden recognised Somalia? I know which one I would chose.

Do you know what's funny? A "Somaliland" minister came out and said that the resources given to Somalia needs to be shared by all of Somalis, he said it yesterday. Go on the website called hadhwanaagnews, a relatively trusted news website even though it's a "Somaliland" site.

As for the dumps bit. I am from Puntland. A Majeerteen. You should be privileged to even talk to me :wink:.
Our economy is larger than yours. Our government budget is 33% bigger than yours.
Our intelligence service is directly funded by the US to the tune of millions < I base that on the fact that it's half the government budget.

Your guy had to go to Kuwait but he didn't even meet with the Emir. He was begging for investment. http://allboocame.com/?p=1215 We get investment because of our potential, you have to beg for it. Faroole even met with the Emir of Kuwait, why couldn't you guys?

He met with the Minister of Internal affairs and look what happend :colondollar:

NOTICE THE FLAG
Absolutely embarrassing man, I feel for you on that one. :redface: Faroole meanwhile is meeting with the President of Yemen to discuss security and also with Ban Ki Moon, Turkish Prime Minister and the foreign minister.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/46106_393706139057_92302299057_4103890_2414039_n.jpg

http://mxcdn.horseedmedia.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/faroole_aliii.jpg

Next our leader has received the largest and most senior US delegation to Somalia since George H.W Bush visited in 1993. A delegation headed by Senator Kirk.

http://cdn.horseedmedia.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/IMG_5450.jpg

http://cdn.horseedmedia.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/IMG_5448.jpg

http://cdn.horseedmedia.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/IMG_5450.jpg

http://mxcdn.horseedmedia.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/IMG_5445.jpg

They have been doing this since 1995 and what happened since then? Nothing and never will. The only reason that there is talks about it and popular coverage it's because they had ceremonies outside the country and somehow expect that it "hey presto" they have a state. It is about the Diaspora (as was shown by your link).

That doesn't change the fact that Awdal had representatives (not only Riyale) and Awdal being the birth place of our government system, it is a central part of Somaliland and wont be given up as it doesn't have a 100% (or the majority for that matter) support in the region. But then again we just have to wait and see.

Thank you and good night

I agree with you about Awdal, we are just gonna have to wait and see. But SSC is gone. They just had a meeting next to me. The former Prime Minister of Somalia was there, Mr Galaydh, university students representing the youth wing. They are drastically changing their tactics.

They are now anti-"Somaliland" and anti Puntland. Good luck with that one too. Thank you for this lovely debate.

I felt as if I had to pwn you with facts. Long day ahead tomorrow..
:facepalm2: I think I liked this society better when no-one posted here...
Original post by Skaiyote

Both of them seem to be banned now. Did you have something to do with it? :colone:
They're both banned :rofl2:

Even I got tired of their "debate" :colonhash:
Original post by Skaiyote

Agreed.
lol
Were they banned because of their posts in here? :holmes:

Now we can speak of more pressing matters, what did you have for breakfast today? Don't say anything silly like toast. True Somalis only eat lahooh (or nothing :lol:). :colonhash:

In other news, one of my 'mali friends had "PIRATE" written on her Leavers hoody. :teeth: I lol'd so much when I first noticed. :teehee:
Lahooh or injeero, don't start a war of words again :p:

Having said that, I ate nothing, so Somali of me :teehee:
Lol @ the pirate thing. I've actually been thinking of getting a 'Somali Pirate' T-shirt..don't ask me why though :tongue:
Original post by In2deep

Do you know about Malwax? Or any of you guys on this thread.
I wanna pirate tee too!

Isn't malawax - whatever it's called :redface: - just a really thin pancake thingy, it's kinda sweet, amirite? Perfect with tea? IIRC my hoyo's made it a few times during Ramadan.
Original post by Don'tNod
I wanna pirate tee too!

Haha. Yeah, something like the one's their wearing in the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzCmqzDnCp8

I didn't want to embed the video cause of the lyrics! ahaha

Original post by Don'tNod
Isn't malawax - whatever it's called :redface: - just a really thin pancake thingy, it's kinda sweet, amirite? Perfect with tea? IIRC my hoyo's made it a few times during Ramadan.

It is! It's quite nice. It's like Anjero..we sometimes have it for breakfast.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2315
Original post by In2deep

LOL actually both of you will find its called laxox
i had canjero this morning

in my personal opinion and since my childhood laxoox was taken to be pancake and canjero...well canjero of course
Original post by Hdizzle
LOL actually both of you will find its called laxox
i had canjero this morning

in my personal opinion and since my childhood laxoox was taken to be pancake and canjero...well canjero of course

Laxoox and injeero is the same thing, just said differently in the northern parts and southern parts of the country. Malwax is something totally different, I think that's the universal word for it.
Original post by Cesar Lecat
Both of them seem to be banned now. Did you have something to do with it? :colone:

:lol: Nope, wish I knew who did so I could thank them tbh :tongue:
Reply 2318
Original post by In2deep
Laxoox and injeero is the same thing, just said differently in the northern parts and southern parts of the country. Malwax is something totally different, I think that's the universal word for it.

Interesting. My ayeyo was home yesterday and taught me my abtris (forefathers names :P)

anyone else know theirs?
Original post by Hdizzle
Interesting. My ayeyo was home yesterday and taught me my abtris (forefathers names :P)

anyone else know theirs?

I can go on for 15 generations, but I won't expose myself :ninja:

That's what, 300-350 years worth of history :eek3:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending