The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Phuck
Not all universities send acknowledgement, don't worry! I haven't applied yet, but I am within the next few days. :smile:

Oh, good! :smile: I really hope they start giving the e-mails out soon...
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
No acknowledgement for me yet. I sent my app on the 13th.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by admbeatmaker
No acknowledgement for me year. I sent my app on the 13th.

Sent mine on the 13th too, nothing yet..
Reply 63
Appling for biology, need a ABB :smile: does anyone know which halls are the 'best' sort of thing.. as in the most social? ha
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 64
I'm applying for History (V100) and need AAB :smile: anyone else for History? :smile:
Original post by gracehn001
I'm applying for History (V100) and need AAB :smile: anyone else for History? :smile:

Hist and Pol, so close :yep:
Reply 66
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Hist and Pol, so close :yep:

heyy! what are your other choices?
Original post by gracehn001
heyy! what are your other choices?

Southampton, Leicester, Loughborough and UEA

Yours? :holmes:
Reply 68
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Southampton, Leicester, Loughborough and UEA

Yours? :holmes:

Ah cool :smile: they're all different from mine though.. York, Bristol.. and need to decide two others - possibly Reading, UCL, Exeter or Birmingham
Original post by marcella
Appling for biology, need a ABB :smile: does anyone know which halls are the 'best' sort of thing.. as in the most social? ha

I heard East Slope was the most social, as well as the cheapest. Although that the rooms weren't... desirable.
I think I'm gonna apply for Biology (C100) at Sussex. I haven't sent my application yet because I'm not applying to anything competetive, but I'm going to be sending it off soon. :smile:
Ooh, I'm one of these people :biggrin:

I'm a maths bod, other unis in my sig. Still need to choose between G100 and G103.
Reply 72
Applying for Physics here. Strangely the lowest requirements (BBB) out of all my choices but higher up the rankings than some of the others!
Original post by icedragon
Applying for Physics here. Strangely the lowest requirements (BBB) out of all my choices but higher up the rankings than some of the others!

Same here, except I'm applying for MPhys so my requirements are AAB.
Good luck! I'm sending off my UCAS on monday. :smile:
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Ooh, I'm one of these people :biggrin:

I'm a maths bod, other unis in my sig. Still need to choose between G100 and G103.

I'd go with G103, can't hurt to have a stronger degree! :biggrin: I was going to do G103, but then I decided to do Physics instead. :smile:
Reply 75
Original post by Phuck
Same here, except I'm applying for MPhys so my requirements are AAB.
Good luck! I'm sending off my UCAS on monday. :smile:

Nice :smile:. I'm also applying for an MPhys. The requirements are actually the same for an MPhys and BSc, I just took the lowest of the two listed on their site as it says AAB-BBB.
Original post by Phuck
I'd go with G103, can't hurt to have a stronger degree! :biggrin: I was going to do G103, but then I decided to do Physics instead. :smile:

Thing is, I want to be a teacher so the Masters would only be a back up for in case I fail that :tongue:

Haha, there was a point when I was thinking of Mathematics and Physics, but then I realised that I can't write things and I'm useless at practicals and generally it would be easier to get into teaching maths if I had a pure maths degree.
I love The University Of Sussex. Went on a visit to the uni with my secondary school and then went to the open day in summer. I'm applying to do Sociology and I can't wait
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Thing is, I want to be a teacher so the Masters would only be a back up for in case I fail that :tongue:

Haha, there was a point when I was thinking of Mathematics and Physics, but then I realised that I can't write things and I'm useless at practicals and generally it would be easier to get into teaching maths if I had a pure maths degree.

Opposite away round for me. :smile: I was going to study Maths with the option of teaching as a back up. Obviously it's your decision, but I would still go with the G103 myself. It never hurts to keep options open. :P

Original post by icedragon
Nice :smile:. I'm also applying for an MPhys. The requirements are actually the same for an MPhys and BSc, I just took the lowest of the two listed on their site as it says AAB-BBB.

Really? I went to the open day on the 8th of October and during the talk in the lecture hall, I'm sure one of the staff said they were looking for AAB grades for the MPhys. I might email them to be sure, before I send off my UCAS. :P
Reply 79
Original post by Phuck
Really? I went to the open day on the 8th of October and during the talk in the lecture hall, I'm sure one of the staff said they were looking for AAB grades for the MPhys. I might email them to be sure, before I send off my UCAS. :P

There won't be any difference between BSc and MPhys offers because students can change from one to the other at the beginning of their third year anyway.

As for the grades, I'm not sure what they are looking for, but obviously AAB woulb be prefered. But it definitely says AAB-BBB on their site so I guess it depends on the student what they offer them.

Quick Reply