The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Who's got an offer from Strathclyde? I have!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daniel1987
I got thrown out on my second night at Uni, was too drunk and when they checked me up and saw I was underage, they banned me from the student Union until my 18th birthday (which was another 6 weeks away) :biggrin:

Excellent. That will have been a good long while ago though eh..? -makes himself look smart by looking closely at the name of the poster- :biggrin:
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by Electronica
Excellent. That will have been a good long while ago though eh..? -makes himself look smart by looking closely at the name of the poster- :biggrin:

It was indeed...a Balmy late summer's night in September 2005. I'd encourage all undergraduate students to enjoy it whilst it lasts. Its a cliche I know...but it will be over in an absolute flash. Then you'll just be in your mid 20s and bitter about your job, thinking "why didnt i do accounting instead of History?" :biggrin:
Got my offer through today! :smile: BSc Computing Science. Need a B in the graded unit in my HNC this year. Fair Chuffed :smile:
Got a conditional to do History and Politics. Easier conditionals than I expected as well :biggrin:
Reply 344
Got an unconditional for Naval Architecture :biggrin: Going to the insight day at the end of Feb to learn more.
Reply 345
My interview got completely cancelled because of the fire and I'm getting an offer within the next two weeks.. yay!
I've got an unconditional to Strathclyde for Business N100 :biggrin:
Applied on 29th November, heard back January 31st :smile:
Anyone else heard any good news from the Business School?
Reply 347
Original post by imonlylittle

I got a conditional for management today!!! :smile: Chuffed to bits :smile: Need to get AAB in my highers this year, going to work my arse off to get it!!

Is Strathclyde your first choice? I've heard so many good things about the business school!
Original post by Alt__x
I got a conditional for management today!!! :smile: Chuffed to bits :smile: Need to get AAB in my highers this year, going to work my arse off to get it!!

Is Strathclyde your first choice? I've heard so many good things about the business school!

Well Done! Good luck, I remeber in my S6 my condition for Strath was pretty tough too. If you've got any questions about the uni or anything, drop me a message :biggrin:
Reply 349
Just got a conditional through for MEng Mechanical Engineering: AAA including AA in AH Maths/AH Physics

Wow. Happy, but disappointed that the offer is so difficult! :smile: :frown:
Just got an unconditional for English. Anyone who's received an offer for English? And have any of you heard back from Glasgow yet also?
Got an unconditional for Chemistry with Drug Discovery! :woo: Anyone else doing chemistry? :h:
Reply 352
Original post by imonlylittle

Me, me, me!! Just got a conditional offer for Business, which is to easy to be achieved, so Strathclyde is probably going to be my insurance. Is it your firm choice?
Yes, I've read many positive reviews not only for the Business School, but for the University itself. :smile:

Btw does anyone know what is the difference between their ''Business'' and ''Management'' course, because these two usually form the same degree and syllabus, plus the entry requirements are exactly the same...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 353
Conditional offer for Business Enterprise at Strathclyde :smile: Although I am a bit confused that the conditions are "proof and evidence of Abitur and TOEFL".

Definitely considering Strathclyde now :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 354
Recieved unconditional offers for MChem Chemistry and MChem Chemistry with teaching.
Will most likely be doing chemistry with teaching. :biggrin:
Got a conditional offer for 'Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering' :biggrin:
Original post by ConnorM405
Got a conditional offer for 'Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering' :biggrin:

Congrats :biggrin: If you want any info feel free to ask. I did the first year, and both my flatmates are still on that course :smile:
Do we receive reading lists/book recommendations for our course and if we do, when is this usually? Also because I'm doing a chemistry course will I be told what lab equipment (lab coat, safety glasses,etc) i'll need to buy?

Original post by ScottishShortiex
Do we receive reading lists/book recommendations for our course and if we do, when is this usually? Also because I'm doing a chemistry course will I be told what lab equipment (lab coat, safety glasses,etc) i'll need to buy?

You'll need a lab coat, safety glasses and a spatula. Oh and a hardback lab book with graph paper on the opposite side. All of which you can buy on campus fairly cheap :smile: I used to be ACCE, so did the chem labs last year :P
I could download this year's 1st year chemistry handbook (with all the module descriptors and reading lists) and send it to you, if you so desire?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by GingerGoat
You'll need a lab coat, safety glasses and a spatula. Oh and a hardback lab book with graph paper on the opposite side. All of which you can buy on campus fairly cheap :smile: I used to be ACCE, so did the chem labs last year :P
I could download this year's 1st year chemistry handbook (with all the module descriptors and reading lists) and send it to you, if you so desire?

Thanks! :smile: Think I'll just buy the lab stuff once I'm there then if its going to be cheaper. I think I managed to find that First Year Handbook you're talking about, but there doesn't seem to be veey many books on it...think theres only two under the Maths module description then another two or three under the Chemistry modules. Is it only the books mentioned on that that we should get? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending