The Student Room Group

Peninsula Medical School Applicants thread 2012 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lsaul95
I emailed them about this, and yes, they accept critical thinking as a 4th.

woo hoo! :smile: yaay thank you !
Original post by delll
Hi, do you know whether the internet connection at Rowancroft, James Owen Court and St Luke's is wireless, in other words, a wifi connection or is it wired.

Thank you

I want to know this as well :smile:
Just got a new laptop today :woo:
And want to know if i need an ethernet cable or not..
Reply 1602
I think someone said that in Mews it was Wired, not sure about Rowancroft itself, probably wired to stop people hijacking it.

So terrified about actually meeting my offer at the moment.
Original post by lizam4y
I got AABC for my AS summer exams and managed to get an offer with peninsula this year and I know people who got all As and didnt get any offers, so I dont think its all about having straight As :smile: Although it has taken me lots of hard work this year to bring my grades up to straight As but it is doable!

Heya if u dnt mind me asking wat med schools did u apply to and how many did u get offers from... :biggrin: thx

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 1604
Original post by delll
Hi, do you know whether the internet connection at Rowancroft, James Owen Court and St Luke's is wireless, in other words, a wifi connection or is it wired.

Thank you

Pretty sure everyone needs to use an ethernet cable...don't know anyone accessing resnet via wifi. (I was in Gilwell this year btw) It's actually very good and fast :smile:
Reply 1605
Hey, yeah I was wondering about the Internet as well - on the Plymouth accommodation website it says all HALLS use the university's network. I got offered accommodation at St. Teresa Court and was just wondering what they used, if not the same network (can't find the info on the accommodation page) - does anyone know if it's wifi there as well?

Reply 1606
Original post by kp_komal
Hey, yeah I was wondering about the Internet as well - on the Plymouth accommodation website it says all HALLS use the university's network. I got offered accommodation at St. Teresa Court and was just wondering what they used, if not the same network (can't find the info on the accommodation page) - does anyone know if it's wifi there as well?

http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/files/extranet/docs/ACC/Resnet%20Information%20Sheet%2009%2010.pdf

This might help - if not there is an email address at the bottom to contact or ring the accommodation service (01752 588644 or email [email protected])They will tell you exactly what you need to know.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1607
Original post by snoz64
http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/files/extranet/docs/ACC/Resnet%20Information%20Sheet%2009%2010.pdf

This might help - if not there is an email address at the bottom to contact or ring the accommodation service (01752 588644 or email [email protected])They will tell you exactly what you need to know.

Thanks a lot :smile:

Also - I got my accommodation offer two days ago, but I can't accept it coz my UCAS hasn't changed to unconditional yet.. Got 5 days to accept, so I've emailed them but no reply as of yet - anyone else in the same boat as me? Everyone I know who's been offered accommodation got a letter that said their UCAS status had changed to unconditional first, before they got their offer..
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1608
Original post by Zazuwaved
Heya if u dnt mind me asking wat med schools did u apply to and how many did u get offers from... :biggrin: thx

I got rejected from both BSMS and Leeds but I withdrew from Southampton after getting an offer from Peninsula as they hadnt got back to me and it was April and I was fed up of waiting.
Original post by lizam4y
I got rejected from both BSMS and Leeds but I withdrew from Southampton after getting an offer from Peninsula as they hadnt got back to me and it was April and I was fed up of waiting.

Oh okay thnks, because i am not sure as of yet wat to do if and wen i get my AS results in August. Not feeling too confident i am aware that keele specify a B in their fourth AS minimum... :biggrin:

Original post by delll
Hi, I have got a conditional offer from PCMD. I have already completed my A levels last year. I have sent them the certificates and the agreement etc.

My offer is not changing to unconditional. Anyone in the same boat or anyone know why?

Also, when do you have to do the CRB checks?

Thats the same with me but I rang peninsual and they said that they had a bit of a back log with occupational health but when they heard from them it would change :smile:
Original post by kp_komal

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=plymouth+university+internet&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:redface:fficial&client=firefox-a#hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=OYp&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&sclient=psy-ab&q=halls+internet+plymouth+resnet&oq=halls+internet+plymouth+resnet&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=serp.3...6036.7034.3.7165.7.7.0.0.0.0.252.988.0j4j2.6.0...0.0.BybwknS5n04&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=da86112bace1716f&biw=1280&bih=609

click on the first result; should tell you quite a lot about the internet they provide in halls :smile:

They don't have wifi in our rooms but I've been told that there's wifi around the campus eg in the library
Reply 1612
Original post by delll
Hi, I have got a conditional offer from PCMD. I have already completed my A levels last year. I have sent them the certificates and the agreement etc.

My offer is not changing to unconditional. Anyone in the same boat or anyone know why?

Also, when do you have to do the CRB checks?

Yeah, I'm in the same situation - I've even got a room offer but I can't accept it because they haven't changed my status to unconditional.. They should be getting round to everyone soon. When I emailed them, they said that the status could change any time between now and 10:30am on 20th August..
Reply 1613

Thanks a lot! Yeah it did help :smile:

I had emailed them as well when I got assigned to St. Teresa and they said pretty much the same thing :smile:

Thanks again xx
Reply 1614
Original post by delll
Hi, I done my A levels last year, although still holding conditional offer. Applied for accommondation in Exeter and still had no reply neither a change in UCAS offer to unconditional.

Anyone in the same position.

Have you sent them everything they required? If not, then it won't change buddy.
Original post by airdoc
Have you sent them everything they required? If not, then it won't change buddy.

Did you do a January resit this year? :smile:
If so when did yours change to unconditional?
Reply 1616
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Did you do a January resit this year? :smile:
If so when did yours change to unconditional?

Indeed I did, it changed last week because I only sent everything in right at the deadline :smile:
Original post by airdoc
Indeed I did, it changed last week because I only sent everything in right at the deadline :smile:

Was your exam result sent to UCAS/PCMD automatically or did you post a certificate or something?

I'm a bit confused about mine because I got my A in my Jan exam but everything is still conditional on UCAS :dontknow:
The center I did the exam with messed up though and forgot to cash me in until end of May but still..

Also does was your grade pending August on UCAS?
Sorry for all the questions by the way :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1618
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Was your exam result sent to UCAS/PCMD automatically or did you post a certificate or something?

I'm a bit confused about mine because I got my A in my Jan exam but everything is still conditional on UCAS :dontknow:
The center I did the exam with messed up though and forgot to cash me in until end of May but still..

Also does was your grade pending August on UCAS?
Sorry for all the questions by the way :colondollar:

Nope I got the certificate and sent it to them, and lol I don't understand the last paragraph, say again?

And no worries, were all in this together (not quoting HSM) :wink:
Reply 1619
Am i the only one who is actually terrified about results day then :P ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending