Reply 80
Finished!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 81
:mad:
Reply 82
got the email for the things we will need for the graduation. 20 pounds per person for guest fee to see YOUR CHILD graduate! this is a joke! they know people will have to pay.

hiring gowns etc cost 40 and you cant even just hire the school colours!
Reply 83
Bleached
got the email for the things we will need for the graduation. 20 pounds per person for guest fee to see YOUR CHILD graduate! this is a joke! they know people will have to pay.

hiring gowns etc cost 40 and you cant even just hire the school colours!

To be fair that's standard across all unis.

When I went to my sisters graduation (at UCL) it was a ton more expensive that £20 per head.
Reply 84
LSE = such a rip off
Reply 85
For anyone taking ma200:

Do you know if we have to memorise the standard laplace transforms or just derive them from the definition?
Reply 86
trickz
For anyone taking ma200:

Do you know if we have to memorise the standard laplace transforms or just derive them from the definition?

I think its best to have the formulas memorised, but to also know the way in which they are derived since if you look at past papers in some questions they ask you to derive them and in others you just have to plug them in to solve something.

The general guideline is if there is a formula in the lecture notes and you are not asked to derive it specifically, then you can quote it.

How's revision going for you? I've decided i'm gonna skip r-s integrals completely and focus on the rest.
Reply 87
astudent
I think its best to have the formulas memorised, but to also know the way in which they are derived since if you look at past papers in some questions they ask you to derive them and in others you just have to plug them in to solve something.

The general guideline is if there is a formula in the lecture notes and you are not asked to derive it specifically, then you can quote it.

How's revision going for you? I've decided i'm gonna skip r-s integrals completely and focus on the rest.

Thanks for the answer. Revision isn't going too badly. Most of the material is quite easy, especially the first term, but the exam papers appear to be a lot harder. I've also skipped r-s integrals and beta/gamma functions, etc. but selective learning has kind of backfired on me so far :o: I've got 1 exam after this so I've been able to focus on ma200 for 3 days. Hopefully that will be enough...
Reply 88
trickz
Thanks for the answer. Revision isn't going too badly. Most of the material is quite easy, especially the first term, but the exam papers appear to be a lot harder. I've also skipped r-s integrals and beta/gamma functions, etc. but selective learning has kind of backfired on me so far :o: I've got 1 exam after this that so I've been able to focus on ma200 for 3 days. Hopefully that will be enough...

Lol ma200 is only 1 term :biggrin:, but yeah the only hard bit in the first 10 lectures is if you have to work out some double integral with a nasty region. Good luck tomorrow and for your next exam then, ma200 is my last one :woo:
Reply 89
astudent
Lol ma200 is only 1 term :biggrin:, but yeah the only hard bit in the first 10 lectures is if you have to work out some double integral with a nasty region. Good luck tomorrow and for your next exam then, ma200 is my last one :woo:

Oh yeh, well it felt like two :p: Good luck to you too and have a good summer!
I'm not looking forward to MA200 tomorrow at all! Resitting it from last year cause it went terribly :/
Reply 91
AC340 on friday. :frown: so jealous of those who finished.
2late
AC340 on friday. :frown: so jealous of those who finished.

When's your last exam?

Almost all of my friends have finished already... I live with 2 KCL students, one finished about 2 weeks ago and the other finished a few days ago - I don't finish until 16th June!
Pedsdude
When's your last exam?

Almost all of my friends have finished already... I live with 2 KCL students, one finished about 2 weeks ago and the other finished a few days ago - I don't finish until 16th June!

LSE exams finish really late. All the people I know who live in the same hall as me but all go to a different uni finished before I did. However I know a oxford student who is also in 3rd year and most of his exams start from Monday. Also the fact that your 3rd year means your more likely to finish late
Reply 94
Pedsdude
When's your last exam?

AC340 is the last one, thank God! I remember last year I had all my exams within 7 days and when I saw my timetable this year I was kinda happy for starting on the 19th May and ending on the 11th June... but now its all just dragging for TOO LONG.

It's especially depressing when nearly everyone that I know has finished whilst I gotta sit in the common room on the 3rd floor of the Old Building grinding through my fat course packs reading about environmental accounting and public sector auditing... :biggrin:
Chrisateen
LSE exams finish really late. All the people I know who live in the same hall as me but all go to a different uni finished before I did. However I know a oxford student who is also in 3rd year and most of his exams start from Monday. Also the fact that your 3rd year means your more likely to finish late

Yeah, I finished May 28th and June 1st in 1st and 2nd year respectively :frown:

2late
AC340 is the last one, thank God! I remember last year I had all my exams within 7 days and when I saw my timetable this year I was kinda happy for starting on the 19th May and ending on the 11th June... but now its all just dragging for TOO LONG.

It's especially depressing when nearly everyone that I know has finished whilst I gotta sit in the common room on the 3rd floor of the Old Building grinding through my fat course packs reading about environmental accounting and public sector auditing... :biggrin:

Yep, I know how you feel - my flatmates are going on so many nights out and I'm stuck in my flat revising! My exam period is pretty spread out, although 4 exams in 1 week is currently destroying morale.
Reply 96
You guys still around London or gone back home (if you're not from London)? I'm still about, chillin' with Banksiders and apartment hunting.
I'm in London ish but leave finally on Saturday
Reply 98
2late

You must have been very confident I take it, to come to the exam 10 mins late! :eek3:
Reply 99
SamLowry
You must have been very confident I take it, to come to the exam 10 mins late! :eek3:

LOL, how is it that you know who I am but I don't know who you are? :biggrin: I was actually late because I set my alarm on at 4am to do some last minute revision for Rita's module - ended waking up really late... :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest