The Student Room Group

TSR Iraqi Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Retrospect
That's disgraceful. :angry:

(I'm not one to talk tbh, I mix Arabic and English all the time when I speak... :biggrin:)

I don't even speak Armenian :nopity:

Seriously, blame it on my dad!
Original post by >Anna<
:puppyeyes:

Why...what happens when I'm fluet? :holmes:

Then we won't have to translate anymore, I hope. :moon:
Original post by win2kpro
Then we won't have to translate anymore, I hope. :moon:

Oh...I thought something magical would happen :daydreaming:
Original post by >Anna<
Oh...I thought something magical would happen :daydreaming:

Only one way to find out. :wink2:

Tell me again, why am I on TSR when I have a PBL to do for tomorrow that I haven't even looked at? :facepalm2:
Only one way to find out. :wink2:

Tell me again, why am I on TSR when I have a PBL to do for tomorrow that I haven't even looked at? :facepalm2:

Dammit, got me there! :p:

I could cheat though...

Go go go! TSR is the best procrastination tool ever.
Original post by >Anna<
I don't even speak Armenian :nopity:

Seriously, blame it on my dad!

:no: Ooh, in that case you have a lot to learn ya 3eiyni (and insert random Armenian word)...

Armenia is beautiful from what I've heard! Do you visit?
Original post by >Anna<
Dammit, got me there! :p:

I could cheat though...

Go go go! TSR is the best procrastination tool ever.

It'd be too obvious if you tried to cheat, I wouldn't try it. :naughty:

Meh, I've made a start! :borat:
It'd be too obvious if you tried to cheat, I wouldn't try it. :naughty:

Meh, I've made a start! :borat:

I'm so jealous, I want to procrastinate. :puppyeyes: :cry:

How is Barts?
:no: Ooh, in that case you have a lot to learn ya 3eiyni (and insert random Armenian word)...

Armenia is beautiful from what I've heard! Do you visit?

No, I haven't :frown: I was going to go this summer with friends for this big event which brings Armenians from all over the world to Yerevan, but it looks like I'm going to be in Copenhagen doing a Danish language course when it's on...

And yeah, it's super-beautiful. I soooo want to go. I might see if I can convince the family to go earlier in the summer when I'm still around.
I'm so jealous, I want to procrastinate. :puppyeyes: :cry:

How is Barts?

Inti imkhabalah? :lolwut:

Barts is actually amazing. :yy: - Don't know what else to say.. it's amahzing. :p:
Original post by >Anna<
No, I haven't :frown: I was going to go this summer with friends for this big event which brings Armenians from all over the world to Yerevan, but it looks like I'm going to be in Copenhagen doing a Danish language course when it's on...

And yeah, it's super-beautiful. I soooo want to go. I might see if I can convince the family to go earlier in the summer when I'm still around.

Hmm, that would be amazing...

I don't know if Armenia has a big tourism industry, but I would love to go myself, and pop into Turkey on the way there, actually... :biggrin: So many places and so little time! :frown:
Hmm, that would be amazing...

I don't know if Armenia has a big tourism industry, but I would love to go myself, and pop into Turkey on the way there, actually... :biggrin: So many places and so little time! :frown:

Iraqi Soc trip, anyone? :awesome:

I think there's a tourist trade in Yerevan, but not so much everywhere else. I want to travel around a bit too...especially lake Sevan and Mount Ararat.
Original post by >Anna<

I think there's a tourist trade in Yerevan, but not so much everywhere else. I want to travel around a bit too...especially lake Sevan and Mount Ararat.

Why not? I'm based in Syria, but Iraq is only a few hours away. Wouldn't mind seeing Baghdad...
Reply 154
nice thanks.....
Original post by Sushidelight
KLEEEEEEEEEEEECHAAAAAAAAAAAA! I really need to learn how to make some...

itsss easyyyy :biggrin: but my mum usually makes them not mee :colondollar:
Original post by infernalcradle
I would also say pre....and I say that as a kurd...

simply as things were better with saddam, the decadence and stupid excesses of now were not there, the people were better, kinder to their "fellow man" if you will, and not only that, but ALL of iraq has become so much more dangerous, even though you won't hear that about the north....it geniunely is much more dangerous

its a case of better the devil you know, and the fact that with him, many of todays problems would not exist

Hmmm, in terms of the Kurdish regions, I would say post, because of the crimes committed by Saddam's regime, the gasing of thousands of innocents in Halabja being one particular incident which should stick out of your mind, although there are still problems which need addressing.
(edited 13 years ago)
Inti imkhabalah? :lolwut:

Yeah. Yes I am.

Spoiler

Original post by >Anna<

It will cost me a fortune if I ever go on a world trip. I'm not exactly a fan of rough living...
Original post by Whatever9999
OMGGG NOO wayyyy !!!! My dad is from baghdad and my mum is from mousul !! hahah how weriddd !!! i lovee mousul i went der for 2 weeks ,,we made this big familyy and neighbours trip b4 the war and we went to mousul by bus it was the most amazzinggg trip everrr !!! i have some pics ,,, and my mum can cook all the maslwaiii dishes :P and noo maslwaii people aren't stingy at all,, people are just jealous of their wonderful accent :P

My mum is from Mosul and my dad is from Baghdad. :eek:

A separate society for Maslawi mothers and Baghdadi fathers?

Quick Reply

Latest