The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele Freshers Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
hey do you know guys if keele sends acknowledgement emails? haven't got one in 10 days...
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by LauraMial
hey do you know guys if keele sends acknowledgement emails? haven't got one in 10 days...

I've got an offer, BBC for Chemistry, and I never got an acknowledgement :smile:
Original post by stephie.u3
me too!! BBC?! i was kinda shocked cos my personal statement was completely geared towards medicine and the other people who genuinely want to do biomed prob haven't even sent out their applications but they're already giving out places...ah well, not complaining :biggrin: :biggrin:

yeah BBC. Quite a nice offer tbh! Thats like me, i've applied to medicine as well, my personal statement really was completely irrelevant! But yeah, i guess it didn't matter!
Keele :love:
Reply 104
Original post by LGrosvenor101
I've got an offer, BBC for Chemistry, and I never got an acknowledgement :smile:

oh well thanks i'm a bit relieved :biggrin: how long did it take to get the offer?
I've got an offer of BBC for neuroscience and music technology (dual honours). I'm pretty happy with this as Keele is the only uni that does this course :biggrin: I did like most of what I saw on the open day, but I thought some of the buildings looked a bit scruffy, maybe I was just looking in the wrong places? didn't really help that I got lost haha. What do future employers think of Keele graduates? I could probably gotten into more "prestigious" universities like my mum wanted me to so people would be like "ahh she goes to cambridge, we'll employ her" but I thought, I may as well do a course I really enjoy as I'll be spending quite a bit of my life there :smile:
Applied for Physical Geography. Both the 3 year course, and the foundation course.

I think a TSR meet up would be in order for those who get into Keele.
Original post by chopsticks
I've got an offer of BBC for neuroscience and music technology (dual honours). I'm pretty happy with this as Keele is the only uni that does this course :biggrin: I did like most of what I saw on the open day, but I thought some of the buildings looked a bit scruffy, maybe I was just looking in the wrong places? didn't really help that I got lost haha. What do future employers think of Keele graduates? I could probably gotten into more "prestigious" universities like my mum wanted me to so people would be like "ahh she goes to cambridge, we'll employ her" but I thought, I may as well do a course I really enjoy as I'll be spending quite a bit of my life there :smile:

Prestige is good but ultimately it should be about doing a course you can enjoy and be motivated to do for 3 years :smile: that's priority for me and why I'm looking at Keele being my firm.

I got an offer last week for a Pass in my diploma (and it's not exactly hard :P) so I hope I'll be at Keele next year!
Original post by brokenlogic18
Prestige is good but ultimately it should be about doing a course you can enjoy and be motivated to do for 3 years :smile: that's priority for me and why I'm looking at Keele being my firm.

I got an offer last week for a Pass in my diploma (and it's not exactly hard :P) so I hope I'll be at Keele next year!

yeah that's what i thought too :smile: at least if i make my own decisions it'll be my own fault if stuff goes wrong! might see you there next year then :biggrin:
Reply 109
I just want to say well done to everyone that has got an offer & good luck to anyone who is applying! My UCAS application has just been sent :biggrin:
Reply 110
Original post by Stokiealex
Thanks :smile: Yep its my first choice, so it'll be my firm offer. And I've also recieved an offer from Chester, which will probably be my insurance. I'm just waiting on Aberystwyth, Cardiff and Leicester. Have you applied to any others?

did u get any acknowledgement email from keele before u got the offer? mm
eee! Got my Keele offer for Law! Who else has!?
I've applied for maths at Leeds Uni, Queen Mary London, Essex Uni, UEA and here. I've got 3 offers, the other not being Leeds, but Keele has yet to acknowledge my application. I sent it on 21st Oct and had acknowledges from the other 4 before Nov.
Is anyone else experiencing this?
Reply 113
Original post by ChengalTiger
I've applied for maths at Leeds Uni, Queen Mary London, Essex Uni, UEA and here. I've got 3 offers, the other not being Leeds, but Keele has yet to acknowledge my application. I sent it on 21st Oct and had acknowledges from the other 4 before Nov.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

I don't think anyone has gotten a offer from Leeds or Keele yet for Maths
Reply 114
I have just received an offer for Physics with mathematics! BBC with a B in both maths and physics :smile: , although the website did say they wanted a B in either maths or physics
Offer for Physical geography with foundation year pretty glad to finally have a offer. Typical for the university which never sent me a acknowledgment to be the first to give me a offer.
Hello all,

Just wondering who's applying to Keele, what you're applying for and any other thoughts you have :smile: ooh and if anyone's had any offers yet
Reply 117
There's a sub forum for this but me :biggrin: I'm applying for maths
I am! I am applying for Biomedical Sciences!:smile:.
My AS results were rubbish but I heard they are super lenient so I hope they offer me a place 9Predicted grades are the same as what they offer..)
I just sent off my UCAS today and am applying for Biomedical Sciences.
My predicted grades are BBC, but I am only expecting a CCC..
Do you think they would still accept me if I ended up only getting CCC? I heard they are extremely lenient when it comes to accepting people..

Quick Reply

Latest