The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ucl law offers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nadia17abedin
Hi, have you received an offer from UCL?

Nothing yet, as soon as I hear somthing I'll stick it on the law applicants page though.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 61
Hi How did they get their scores?
Aww rejected, must have been my LNAT :frown: LSE it is then (if I get the grades that is!)
Reply 63
Original post by Perseverance
Aww rejected, must have been my LNAT :frown: LSE it is then (if I get the grades that is!)

Did you get rejected from UCL? What were ur expected grades?
Original post by Laskar15
Did you get rejected from UCL? What were ur expected grades?

Yep, predicted grades were A*A*A*A
Original post by nadia17abedin
Hi, have you received an offer from UCL?

Got rejected today :frown:
Looks like karma's come and hit me in the face for what I said above!
Reply 66
Original post by MrFlash1994

Sorry to hear that by the way.
May I ask, is this rejection post-interview or pre-interview?
Original post by derng
Sorry to hear that by the way.
May I ask, is this rejection post-interview or pre-interview?

Thanks, and it was pre-interview. I don't even know If UCL regularly interview candidates anymore.
Reply 68
Thanks, and it was pre-interview. I don't even know If UCL regularly interview candidates anymore.

I'm not sure about the regularity of the interviews but how much or when the interviews are held, are totally dependant on the different departments at UCL.
Reply 69

:frown:!! when did you send your application?
Original post by er123
:frown:!! when did you send your application?

13th of October, I actually phoned UCL today and they said my application was very strong good reference ect, and she said that UCL applicatants either for law or as a whole have increased by 80% this year! So I asked about my LNAT and she said there was "nothing wrong with it" or the rest of application. Bit vague but I dunno.
Reply 71
i applied for UCL this year, i'm predicted A*A*A B and I got all As at AS. I have no idea how i did in the lnat, and my gcses were pretty average -- 2 A*, 5 A's, 2 B's and 2 C's can anybody please tell me how much of a chance I have? :smile: :smile:
13th of October, I actually phoned UCL today and they said my application was very strong good reference ect, and she said that UCL applicatants either for law or as a whole have increased by 80% this year! So I asked about my LNAT and she said there was "nothing wrong with it" or the rest of application. Bit vague but I dunno.

Said exactly the same to me. It was an 8% increase in applications for LLB law at UCL this year, not 80. It seems UCL are very particular with how they give out offers - outstanding grades do not guarantee a place if the LNAT score and more importantly essay is not up to scratch. It seems the admissions tutors focus a lot on the quality of the LNAT essay, and the ones that get offers, will more times than not write an essay which is brilliantly structured and written, in the tutor's opinion.
Original post by KnowstheLaw
I have no doubt your essay would have been decent, but remember that we were going against like over 2700 other applicants. Don't kick yourself about it, think of it as their loss. Not every great lawyer, went to the top institutions to study.

I agree about the LNAT word limit though, it's not ideal, but life isn't ideal sometimes.

True, True, I mean Michael Mansfield got a 3rd class degree and went to Keele or somthing?
True, True, I mean Michael Mansfield got a 3rd class degree and went to Keele or somthing?

Exactly, and there are other cases like this. Also, if you work hard in your degree and get a good a 1st or a good 2:1 even, you can do a masters at your ideal uni, if you wish too! There's different paths to success for everyone.
Reply 75
may i ask what as courses you took?
Reply 76
I'm still waiting on Law - anybody else heard anything?!
Reply 77
I'm waiting too, although I only applied on the 10th of Jan :biggrin:
And my LNAT essay wasn't as fabulous as I'd dreamed it would be, so.... My hopes aren't high :P
Reply 78
i applied in first half of nov
Still waiting. :frown:
Erm, I sent my application off for Law with German Law on the 26th of October, and apart from the confirmation email I have heard absolutely nothing thus far. I have offers from Birmingham and Reading so far, UCL was chosen in a moment of whimsy, average GCSEs and average AS levels. Any idea of what the long wait might mean?

Quick Reply