The Student Room Group

Which 6th Form/College?!!!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by iamprettyreckless
:O WHAT! how!? Are they remarkable at something? I wish I was them :biggrin:. What are they studying? Im going to try think positive, but Im not going to stress about it (after my mum started nagging me, saying i was putting too much pressure on myself :/)

I think it's cos she does tons of EC's - Youth Parliament, Rangers... etc. Nearly the same as me, except Maths instead of History and Politics instead of Spanish. Yeah, it's good to have an aim, like I did throughout last year, but you shouldn't get too pressured :smile:
youth parliament? ... i did this debate at houses of parliament??? - if that even has anything to do with it. Not heard of rangers either :P Though i do cadets, DoE and train in athletics? Each takes about two to three hours :/ i really dont have much time for anything else as im also trying to get a weekend job :smile:
Reply 22
youth parliament? ... i did this debate at houses of parliament??? - if that even has anything to do with it. Not heard of rangers either :P Though i do cadets, DoE and train in athletics? Each takes about two to three hours :/ i really dont have much time for anything else as im also trying to get a weekend job :smile:

I don't know, she has done a debate at the house of commons though :/ rangers is the next one up from guides :smile: that all sounds good, stuff like that will all help you stand out :smile: good luck! :smile:
thankyou XD
Reply 24
i think stonar is boarding but i'm not sure
Original post by Kimiechi

hiya, just wondering if you know whats involved in the chemistry and biology exams for the scholarships? - they haven't given us any idea as to the content.I'm scared :s-smilie:
Reply 26
[QUOTE="iamprettyreckless;36245110"]

hiya, just wondering if you know whats involved in the chemistry and biology exams for the scholarships? - they haven't given us any idea as to the content.I'm scared :s-smilie:

No idea, I did English and Maths. Ooh, actually, I think I remember people saying that the syllabus was Gateways, so if that's not your exam board for GCSE science then look it up and see what the difference is and therefore what you need to learn :smile: hope that helps! :smile:

EDIT: Were you there today? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
[QUOTE="Kimiechi;36253063"]

No idea, I did English and Maths. Ooh, actually, I think I remember people saying that the syllabus was Gateways, so if that's not your exam board for GCSE science then look it up and see what the difference is and therefore what you need to learn :smile: hope that helps! :smile:

EDIT: Were you there today? :smile:

yeah I was :P I met some nice people, but I didn't meet many students, just the ones showing us around. Did you see us being toured around? or were you one of the tourers?:smile:
Thank you, I literally went onto the gateways site on the way up to see what was on the syllabus, I learnt one thing and it happened to be on the test! Quite ironic... I found the tests quite simple to be honest though, but that could be a really bad sign because I finished the biology 20 minutes early :s-smilie:
Reply 28
[QUOTE="iamprettyreckless;36354496"]

yeah I was :P I met some nice people, but I didn't meet many students, just the ones showing us around. Did you see us being toured around? or were you one of the tourers?:smile:
Thank you, I literally went onto the gateways site on the way up to see what was on the syllabus, I learnt one thing and it happened to be on the test! Quite ironic... I found the tests quite simple to be honest though, but that could be a really bad sign because I finished the biology 20 minutes early :s-smilie:

One tour came into my history room, but apart from that i didn't see many of you. Oh, and when we walked past the door I had a nose in when you were all hanging around in Wedgwood.
That was lucky!! Glad to be of service :smile: when do you find out if you've been offered a place? :smile:
umm when i get my GCSE results :/ i.e. an age!
...I was the tall one? I was shown around by Tristan and a girl from Turkey?
[QUOTE="Kimiechi;36354596"]

One tour came into my history room, but apart from that i didn't see many of you. Oh, and when we walked past the door I had a nose in when you were all hanging around in Wedgwood.
That was lucky!! Glad to be of service :smile: when do you find out if you've been offered a place? :smile:

That might have been us, I was shown around by Tristan and a girl from Turkey. I was the tallest there?
Urrrm in the summer when I have my GCSE results :/
Reply 31
[QUOTE="iamprettyreckless;36354805"]

That might have been us, I was shown around by Tristan and a girl from Turkey. I was the tallest there?
Urrrm in the summer when I have my GCSE results :/

Did you come into an AS History class (there's only one class, so if you did it must have been us). About five pupils in the class, all turned around and stared at the door? :wink: I could only really see the girl who came in the room, cos the others were stood outside.
Don't you get a letter before then saying that you've got a scholarship subject to GCSE results? That's what I got, around March time I think (my exam day was in January).
[QUOTE="Kimiechi;36355270"]

Did you come into an AS History class (there's only one class, so if you did it must have been us). About five pupils in the class, all turned around and stared at the door? :wink: I could only really see the girl who came in the room, cos the others were stood outside.
Don't you get a letter before then saying that you've got a scholarship subject to GCSE results? That's what I got, around March time I think (my exam day was in January).

Yeah they said two weeks after half term, I'm still waiting. Really nervous!
Sorry, I don't remember, the day went by too quickly!
Reply 33
[QUOTE="iamprettyreckless;36592766"]

Yeah they said two weeks after half term, I'm still waiting. Really nervous!
Sorry, I don't remember, the day went by too quickly!

Ooh, so that's any day now then! :s good luck!!! You'll have to let me know if you get in or not :smile: :smile:
[QUOTE="Kimiechi;36601394"]

Ooh, so that's any day now then! :s good luck!!! You'll have to let me know if you get in or not :smile: :smile:

of course I will :smile:, after all, you've helped me so much. Also, I get some of my GCSE results next thursday (my french, english language, and section 2 of my sciences), which AS levels do you get?

are you good at poetry?
Reply 35
[QUOTE="iamprettyreckless;36609399"]

of course I will :smile:, after all, you've helped me so much. Also, I get some of my GCSE results next thursday (my french, english language, and section 2 of my sciences), which AS levels do you get?

are you good at poetry?

Thank you :smile: ooh, good luck!! :smile: i get my English Language result, which is worth 60% of my AS :L luckily i can resit in summer if i fail :smile:

Erm well i do poetry as part of my English Lit course, why? :smile:
[QUOTE="Kimiechi;36610036"]

Thank you :smile: ooh, good luck!! :smile: i get my English Language result, which is worth 60% of my AS :L luckily i can resit in summer if i fail :smile:

Erm well i do poetry as part of my English Lit course, why? :smile:

I wrote this... can you please improve it? :smile:

temptation, greed and pain.
Such are the things that I disdain,
Yet here they are in great succession
Each on its own, and only one connection:

Man. Man the singular connection.
The race of superiority who believes all inferior.
He can imagine, dream and create.
YET chooses to fight and demolish all made!

Progressing into further hell, re-creating
the scenes of Dante’s imaginings.
An Inferno: A creation of the greed -
The selfishness - of man is clearly seen.

To strip a boy of possession, two men feign aid,
possessions lost so that pocket moneys made.
Apprehensive of being a singular unit, that
in mobs we hide, sin committed through crimes.

People. No,children, continue to fight,
Pain suffered,injuries on every side.
For a cause that many soon forgot -
Mark Duggen, murdered by a cop.

This is where our power has lead us:
A pre-apocalypse for our very witness.
We shall witness, what we need to change;
The future, an inevitable place.
Reply 37
[QUOTE="iamprettyreckless;36610463"]

I wrote this... can you please improve it? :smile:

temptation, greed and pain.
Such are the things that I disdain,
Yet here they are in great succession
Each on its own, and only one connection:

Man. Man the singular connection.
The race of superiority who believes all inferior.
He can imagine, dream and create.
YET chooses to fight and demolish all made!

Progressing into further hell, re-creating
the scenes of Dante’s imaginings.
An Inferno: A creation of the greed -
The selfishness - of man is clearly seen.

To strip a boy of possession, two men feign aid,
possessions lost so that pocket moneys made.
Apprehensive of being a singular unit, that
in mobs we hide, sin committed through crimes.

People. No,children, continue to fight,
Pain suffered,injuries on every side.
For a cause that many soon forgot -
Mark Duggen, murdered by a cop.

This is where our power has lead us:
A pre-apocalypse for our very witness.
We shall witness, what we need to change;
The future, an inevitable place.

That's really good - very deep! :P erm I don't think I'm the best person to ask about writing poetry: i'm terrible at writing it personally, I can only analyse :/ have you tried posting it in Creative Corner? :smile:
[QUOTE="Kimiechi;36610507"]

That's really good - very deep! :P erm I don't think I'm the best person to ask about writing poetry: i'm terrible at writing it personally, I can only analyse :/ have you tried posting it in Creative Corner? :smile:

yeah, already done it:smile: seems to have hit a dead end though :/. Analyzing it then, whats good/bad about it :wink:
Reply 39
[QUOTE="iamprettyreckless;36610769"]

yeah, already done it:smile: seems to have hit a dead end though :/. Analyzing it then, whats good/bad about it :wink:

Gosh, i don't know, poetry is really not my strong point. Poetic devices wise, there are a couple of instances of tripling, vivid use of description, and a semantic field of death and destruction. Only criticism is the overuse of repetition, but this could be for effect :s I like the use of caesura in the line "people. no, children..." :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest