The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I suppose I should do one now I have posted...

Dear you,

I'm not going to let you hurt me any more, and if you are at that party tonight I am going to be looking my best and having a great time, and you'll be like damn I'm missing out.
And I'll be all like hahaha look how happy I am. Lost your chance now!
Also you have a silly chin and aren't as fit as I used to think you were.
P.S I still miss you a bit sometimes.

Love me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dorito
It's incredibly therapeutic!

I often wonder if it would make the situation better or worse if we actually said these to the person though... is honesty really the best policy? :hmmm:

I suppose it depends on the person, but I'd be wary. In my siutation I'd say a flat out no as we haven't spoken for three years and... well, since the person has changed competely I don't think they'd really give a **** anyway. Ah well.
Dear you,

The time I spend in bed before falling asleep is my favourite time of the day. After a day of lectures and studying or drinking with the boys, I get to spend time wondering how you are, thinking about how beautiful, funny and smart you are and hoping that you know it. I wish I had been completely honest when we first became friends and fell for eachother. I didn't want to be 'just friends' but it was the easy thing to say, and I'm a man of convenience. Not that I deserve you, I'd be punching way above my weight but I know now that I should've told you how I really felt, if you'd knocked me back then I maybe wouldn't feel the way I do now. Now two years later I realise that I am still infatuated with you, when I occasionally hang out with you it's the highlight of the week or month. I wish it was possible to tell you this now, but hey some of us mess our chances up and it's no-one elses fault but mine. P

I love you.
Reply 63
some of these posts are soo sweet :colondollar:
Dear you,

You've been my best friend for ages. You've seen me at my highs and my lows as I have seen you. We have so much fun together and can tell each other absoloutly anything. We've both seen failed relationships, relatives pass away, low poins in our lives but have also seen each other with brilliant pieces of news. Most of all we have always been there for each other even when we didn't agree on what the other person was doing. When looking for a partner I have realised how stupid I have been when the perfect person is standing right infront of me... I love you and you love me, I know that and will never forget when you told me. I know we could have a fantastic relationship together but I would never want to jeopardise our amazing friendship. I don't know how this will work out.
Dear You,
The night we broke up was the night I had planned to tell you I love you. Could you sense it? You never were one for words and yet that night on the phone, hundreds of miles apart, your silence told me all I needed to know. You didn't mean to lead me on, but our perceptions of what was going on were as far apart as the bedrooms we each sat in. What upset me most was that you didn't even fight for us, easier to run away and deal with the guilt than make an effort to keep in contact and bridge the physical gap. I didn't know it was possible to feel this sad, to cry for 73 hours (and 11minutes) without running out of tears. I feel physically sick and all I can do is bury my face in that stupid bloody bobble hat and sob. I know it will get easier, that I will stop hoping that every knock on the door is you coming to say you're sorry and that I AM worth the effort. I know one day I will sleep a whole night through and not have to go downstairs to the living room in order not to disturb my house mates. For now though I will grieve for the brief but happy times we shared and for the piece of my heart that you took with you. Look after it.
Love (sincerely) me.
Dear You,

You'll probably read this and wont even realise it's about you because you are so self-absorbed.
I am so much better off without you, and I'm doing well for myself now. When I was with you I was a weak person, but no longer. I don't know why it took me so long to figure it all out.
You haven't changed. You won't change, and I hope to God your next victim see's you for who you really are before getting sucked in.

From me.
I've got two letters to write! Eeek

Dear you,

You neglected me for far too long. I went astray. And as much as I want to show you who I really am; tell how I betrayed you, I can't because you are too fragile. I am sorry it's over. I want the best for you. Please don't cling on to what we had long ago. I want you to move on and be happy. I truly want the best for you.

Yours,

Me

And the second:

Dear you,

I never understood why you wanted to get close to me, especially since I was with someone else. I was happy with your friendship. Although I noticed the increasing affection, I didn't anticipate you would kiss me. I grew attached to you. You allowed it to happen. I really began to adore you. And then you realised it had to end. I know you have your reasons. But a part of me resents you for letting this happen, knowing we could never be. I know your flaws. I should be repulsed by them and the person you have exposed me to be. But I'm not. The more you loosen our interactions, the more it hurts. I love you.

From me.
Dear you

I just want you to realise that were never going to work out. Please dump me as I do not whish to go any further in this relationship, and you know that. You’re not a very nice person and I don’t know what more you want from me.

Me
Reply 69
Original post by Anonymous
I've got two letters to write! Eeek

Dear you,

You neglected me for far too long. I went astray. And as much as I want to show you who I really am; tell how I betrayed you, I can't because you are too fragile. I am sorry it's over. I want the best for you. Please don't cling on to what we had long ago. I want you to move on and be happy. I truly want the best for you.

Yours,

Me

And the second:

Dear you,

I never understood why you wanted to get close to me, especially since I was with someone else. I was happy with your friendship. Although I noticed the increasing affection, I didn't anticipate you would kiss me. I grew attached to you. You allowed it to happen. I really began to adore you. And then you realised it had to end. I know you have your reasons. But a part of me resents you for letting this happen, knowing we could never be. I know your flaws. I should be repulsed by them and the person you have exposed me to be. But I'm not. The more you loosen our interactions, the more it hurts. I love you.

From me.

Wow, the 2nd one could so easily be aimed at me and a situation I'm in... especially when you combine it with the top one. I hope it isn't though. :colondollar:
Reply 70
Dear You,

Its been almost six months and it still hurts like the first day. What you did, how you treated me.. the pain just doesn't get easier... I am so glad you are happy at university and that you're doing well but why did I have to be collateral damage. After more then 2 years together I thought I'd atleast get more then a text message from you, and what discusts me more is that you allowed your friends to actually harrass me over the internet. We have all made mistakes in the past but nothing should have lead to that treatment and I don't wish it on my worst enemy. The lack of respect shows how much you cared about me and I feel used, but it doesn't stop me from loving you and some small part of me still wants to be with you, though that will never happen.

I blocked your facebook because I looked at it everyday, almost obsessivly, and I think you knew that. Even though you deleted me I was still able to see everything, it was an unhealthy obsession to say the least. I went to councilling and had depression for quite a while, I started failing in school and my friends started to resent me. I felt so alone, those first two months after were the worst of my life and what made it worse was how happy you are.

Six months on as I say it still hurts just as bad, but coping with it has become so much easier. I haven't attempted to even contact you for almost two months now and I am actually making friends! All throughout primary school, secondary school and sixth form I have pretty much been the socially awkward kid who doesn't really talk.. I now have a growing friendship group, I'm no longer afraid to talk to people and for once I actually feel almost beautiful.

So this leads me to say, thank you for everything - our relationship was a beautiful thing when we had it and ending it may have been completly horrific for me however, 2012 is actually looking up for me!

Love, Jess x
Original post by Dorito
Wow, the 2nd one could so easily be aimed at me and a situation I'm in... especially when you combine it with the top one. I hope it isn't though. :colondollar:

Thought it may have been after seeing the location! However, don't worry, it isn't :tongue:
Reply 72
Original post by RolyBholi
Dear you,

There's a lot I want to say to you, but I don't want this to end up like Rachel's letter to Ross (rambling on for 18 pages- front and back) so will try to stick to what's most important.

I'm sorry for being so confusing these past few months but, to be fair, it's your fault that I've been this way. I have a difficult time trusting you or fully believing anything that you say these days. Because of you and how you ended up treating me, I am this cautious, cynical, skeptical person. I don't think you realise but it cut me really deep and although I've healed, the scar is still there and it's changed the type of person that I am. You've said sorry; I forgive but I can't forget.

Despite everything, I have to admit that I still have a soft spot for you, and if I'm being honest with myself, I think I always will... You were the first guy I had real feelings for and I won't ever forget that. We only really knew each other for about 7 months, but you were this new, exciting and amazing person in my life and I still can't believe a guy like you would ever want to get to know a girl like me. During that time spent with you, I learnt things about life and myself; you don't realise the effect you had on me.

I really miss you and, believe it or not, I really would love to hang out and spend time with you again, but I just can't bring myself to do it. It's been over a year since we hung out and I feel like we can't just go back to how it was. You have a girlfriend now and you've even moved into a new home together. I am happy for you but it just makes me sad that you never had those feelings for me, which I had for you. I hope you two are happy together and make sure you treat her right.

I hope that one day I will feel able to hang out with you. I don't want all contact to be lost and our friendship to be over (again) just because you've moved a few miles further away. Please don't ever forget me because I still think about you a lot and I miss seing your handsome face. I wish things were different but I am happy that we're at least on good terms after everything :smile:

Love, me
x

Wow, this is almost word for word something I could have written.
Reply 73
Original post by Anonymous
Thought it may have been after seeing the location! However, don't worry, it isn't :tongue:

How can you be so sure? :hmmm:
Dear you,
The first time I met you and I thought what a posh ****, how wrong was I!! Haha, I can't believe we were such good friends I would even have considered you as one of my best friends. I wish I had never fell for you. You were perfect.. You made me laugh, we told each other our secrets and we just 'clicked'. My friends thought you was just plain weird but I thought you were just misunderstood and I just got you like you just got me. I remember our lessons where we would do nothing and just laugh about anything and everything, I remember all those people who said to us that we make such a great couple. Then you got a girl which literally broke my heart but the worse thing is I told you to go for it. But then that day when we both skipped lesson and had an amazing morning, there was so much Chemistry. Ironic eh? Since we skipped Chemistry hehe, you tried to kiss me but I had to resist I didn't want to be the 'other girl'. Finally I plucked up the to tell you I liked you.. I didn't want to loose our friendship but at the same time I didn't want to regret not telling you. What went through your head when you lied and told me you liked me back? What was your game? Why did you set me up only to watch me fall again? These are the questions that still haunt me but I'm too scared to know the answers. Then the bitterness and resentment hit me hard, I'm sorry for hurting you and losing your trust but what did you expect? Me just to blow over the fact you lied to me. I wanted revenge I know that's bad but I always told you I was a bitch. Now you're spreading rumours about me and I'm spreading rumours about you. It didn't have to end this way but I'm too stubborn to let it go. I wish we could be friends but another side of me wishes I never met you. The truth is I'm not over you and it kills me because you're over me.
Love me
Dear you,

Firstly I want to say sorry. I'm so sorry for the huge mess I've created and all the pain I've caused you. I really, really don't want you to hate me. I wish I could have seen at the time who were the right people to trust and, clearly, I put my faith in the wrong ones. I haven't spoken to you for nearly 10 months and I HATE that. You were more of a friend than any of my 'real' friends were and I just threw it back in your face. Knowing (to some extent) the hurt that you've been through, and knowing that it isn't over yet really upsets me and if I could take everything that happened back, I would.
I can't keep a secret, even when it mattered, and because if that I screwed your life up and I am truly, truly sorry.
I really hope you can forgive me because I'd hate to think that I will never speak to you or see you again.
I don't care how many people tell me it wasn't my fault, because even if it wasn't all me, it was at LEAST a bit me.

Sorry,
Love me x
Reply 76
Original post by d123
Wow, this is almost word for word something I could have written.

I came across your post in this thread earlier and could relate to that, too.

Post #7 is something I could almost have written word for word.
It took me two years to write this down, but it's about time I dealt with this.

Dear You,

I miss you. I'd like to think you're able to read this, somehow. I hope that you still exist, in soul, if not body. I hope that you found what you were looking for - the peace that you never found in life. I feel very alone without you. Nobody understands me quite the way you did. Nobody makes half the effort to make sure I'm ok as you did.

I wish it hadn't come to this. I wish, hell, I wish a lot of things. I wish you hadn't reached a point that you couldn't cope with life anymore. I wish that you had been able to talk to me about what was bothering you. Even now, almost two years to the day, I'm still not exactly sure what triggered you to do it. I don't despise you for what happened, because I've been on the brink myself - but you know that. I just wish I could've helped you and that you had told me what was wrong. Then I would've thought more carefully before answering your question. You asked me a basic question about the antidepressant you were on. I gave you an answer. We asked each other questions about that kind of thing a lot. My answer to your question and the knowledge it gave you was responsible for your death. *I* was at least partly responsible for your death. If you'd told me how bad you were feeling I wouldn't have given you that knowledge. But I should've known how you were feeling. We were close enough that we damned near finished each others sentences.

You were my best friend and the big sister that I never had all rolled into one, and above all else, you were a wonderful person. You believed in me when I never did, you got me to deal with how I was feeling, physically and mentally, and get help before it was too late, on both counts. If only I could have done the same for you. You were such a kind person, caring and compassionate - albeit with a scary, cold mask that you put on around everyone else. I'll hate myself for the rest of my life for my part in what happened to you, even if it was accidental. I should have known better, and I'm so, so sorry. I love you, my dear old friend. See you on the other side, love. If by some miracle, this message ever reaches you, say hello to my mother for me, please. I miss her too.

Bye Sis,

All my love,

Me
Reply 78
Original post by Chrisofsmeg
It took me two years to write this down, but it's about time I dealt with this.

Dear You,

I miss you. I'd like to think you're able to read this, somehow. I hope that you still exist, in soul, if not body. I hope that you found what you were looking for - the peace that you never found in life. I feel very alone without you. Nobody understands me quite the way you did. Nobody makes half the effort to make sure I'm ok as you did.

I wish it hadn't come to this. I wish, hell, I wish a lot of things. I wish you hadn't reached a point that you couldn't cope with life anymore. I wish that you had been able to talk to me about what was bothering you. Even now, almost two years to the day, I'm still not exactly sure what triggered you to do it. I don't despise you for what happened, because I've been on the brink myself - but you know that. I just wish I could've helped you and that you had told me what was wrong. Then I would've thought more carefully before answering your question. You asked me a basic question about the antidepressant you were on. I gave you an answer. We asked each other questions about that kind of thing a lot. My answer to your question and the knowledge it gave you was responsible for your death. *I* was at least partly responsible for your death. If you'd told me how bad you were feeling I wouldn't have given you that knowledge. But I should've known how you were feeling. We were close enough that we damned near finished each others sentences.

You were my best friend and the big sister that I never had all rolled into one, and above all else, you were a wonderful person. You believed in me when I never did, you got me to deal with how I was feeling, physically and mentally, and get help before it was too late, on both counts. If only I could have done the same for you. You were such a kind person, caring and compassionate - albeit with a scary, cold mask that you put on around everyone else. I'll hate myself for the rest of my life for my part in what happened to you, even if it was accidental. I should have known better, and I'm so, so sorry. I love you, my dear old friend. See you on the other side, love. If by some miracle, this message ever reaches you, say hello to my mother for me, please. I miss her too.

Bye Sis,

All my love,

Me

This almost had me in tears. I hope you're able to forgive yourself, don't feel it is your fault you couldn't have done anymore. You're so brave. :hugs:
Dear you

I LOVE YOU!!!! More than anything in the whole world :smile: I'm just ****e at saying it haha.

love me.