The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The GREATER of Two Evils!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
The first option. You get what you pay for, and supermarket options rarely live up to the real deal chocolate bars. (I would not recommend Tesco's own version of Milkyway, Snickers or Mars).

Choose Ma Evil:

Too much mustard in a Jamie Oliver's EPIC Ham, Tomato , Watercress and Mustard Sandwich

OR

Too many beansprouts/sugarsnap peas in a prawn stir fry?
Reply 41
Jamie Oliver is a fraud; his 30 minute meals are prebought food he slams olive oil on to make it "unique", his "Flavour Shaker" product is crap, and HE TOOK TWIZZLERS AWAY.

Therefore anything - INCLUDING over-dousing his "pretentiously mine" Ham Sandwich in Mustard, is an improvement.

AND AS SUCH, YOUR LATTER OPTION IS WORSE. Rant end! CHEERS!

What is the GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

Throwing away the crusts of a sandwich, or throwing away the crusts of a pizza?
Reply 42
Original post by TotoMimo
Jamie Oliver is a fraud; his 30 minute meals are prebought food he slams olive oil on to make it "unique", his "Flavour Shaker" product is crap, and HE TOOK TWIZZLERS AWAY.

Therefore anything - INCLUDING over-dousing his "pretentiously mine" Ham Sandwich in Mustard, is an improvement.

AND AS SUCH, YOUR LATTER OPTION IS WORSE. Rant end! CHEERS!

What is the GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

Throwing away the crusts of a sandwich, or throwing away the crusts of a pizza?

You hate Jamie Oliver too! He took chips and twizzlers away from my school lunches :frown:

Throwing away the crusts of a pizza, although I do this if it's a massive pizza- to save room for the topping. But if I can fit them in, yum!

Too much tomato sauce, not enough cheese on a pizza

OR

Too much butter, not enough filling in a sandwich
Reply 43
Hm. I'm gonna have to say the butter one. Too much butter is pretty unpleasant and to be honest, I like tomato-y pizzas!

Biting into an apple to find its MUSH

or

Biting into a strawberry and finding its MUSH?
Reply 44
The worst option for me out of those is the APPLE. Chances are you have more than one strawberry in the punnet - that apple might be the only one you have - more volume of food waste means more volume of pain in my heart!

WHAT'S THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

People that pour out their cereal milk down the sink,

or

Someone who takes the last piece/portion of something when more than one person wants it, only to realise they're full and waste it completely?
ooh those people who snatch and dump! HATE BURNS IN MY BELLY.

overcooked spaghetti or overcooked rice?
Reply 46
Overcooked Rice is worse. At least Spaghetti retains some kind of waxy integrity, Rice is just GLUTENMUSH.

WHAT IS THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS?

Someone who mashes their Weetabix into a slooshy paste,

or

Someone who doesn't wash the bowl immediately after their Weetabix, forming WEETACEMENT?
Reply 47
The latter. I'ma have to spend hours and a whole lotta elbow grease to get that mess off!

TWO EVILS:

People who backwash into a SHARED drink (my younger brother being the ultimate CRIMINAL in this field - long car trips were spent dehydrated and repulsed)

OR

People that spray food everywhere in an attempt to talk over dinner?
Reply 48
The food sprinkler is worse fo' sho; you can always tell the former to "just finish it yourself". You can hardly say "You're spitting potato debris all over my face, mate" without sounding a tad uncouth.

WHAT IS THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

People that say they "love sushi" then proceed to eat only CREAM CHEESE MAKI or FRIED CHICKEN MAKI,

or

People that say "I'm a vegetarian. But I eat chicken. And fish. And sometimes burgers."
I think the vegetarians are worse. People who say they're vegetarian but eat meat/fish are either incredibly stupid or just attention-seekers.

What is the greater of two evils?

Cooking a meal only to find your idiot housemate has 'borrowed' your last tin of sweetcorn/beans or the last slice of your crusty bread so you have to have the dinner without it

OR

Cooking a meal, tripping and dropping the entire plate of food on the floor.
Reply 50
The 'love sushi' one. The second I find I leave them to it. They're only kidding themselves, if that!

EDIT: The second, you've put the effort in, you deserve to reap the rewards.

No condiments/sauces being served with your Sunday Roast

OR

Too much dressing being served on your salad?
Original post by dani_1991
The 'love sushi' one. The second I find I leave them to it. They're only kidding themselves, if that!

EDIT: The second, you've put the effort in, you deserve to reap the rewards.

No condiments/sauces being served with your Sunday Roast

OR

Too much dressing being served on your salad?

Too much dressing is so much worse. You can't un-dress it..whereas with a Sunday Roast, you could always go seek out an addition. Besides, food tastes good alone, sauces aren't always necessary.

What's worse?
A) Offering a friend one of your chips from the chippy and they take the nicest, biggest juiciest one that you were already planning on saving.

or

B) Offering round a pack of sweets and when they're passed back, all your favourites are gone.
Reply 52
B) is worse... at least you still have OTHER chips to enjoy with A, despite them being wickler...

Getting a KFC bucket/Family Feast, eager to get a bit of everything, only for one infuriatingly fussy guest to "only like the popcorn chicken" or "only like the strips", and as such, they get ALL of those to compensate for being "unable" to eat anything else. I HATE YOU.

or

That one guest who dislikes the type of takeaway everyone else in the room is having, and you're the designated dash-n'-grabber. What results is you head over to pick up everyone's Indian Takeaway and then THEIR SOLITARY PERSONAL DOMINOS PIZZA AT THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN.
Reply 53
B) is worse... at least you still have OTHER chips to enjoy with A, despite them being wickler...

Getting a KFC bucket/Family Feast, eager to get a bit of everything, only for one infuriatingly fussy guest to "only like the popcorn chicken" or "only like the strips", and as such, they get ALL of those to compensate for being "unable" to eat anything else. I HATE YOU.

or

That one guest who dislikes the type of takeaway everyone else in the room is having, and you're the designated dash-n'-grabber. What results is you head over to pick up everyone's Indian Takeaway and then THEIR SOLITARY PERSONAL DOMINOS PIZZA AT THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN.

A is worse. I do B if I'm with family because they really like food I hate, but my dad offers to get what I would like, I wouldn't make him. With friends I either don't eat or we decide on the same takeaway.

Which is worse?

A) Tucking into a nice sandwich...and the filling drops to the floor

B) Waiting ages for a takeaway to arrive and then realising your order is messed up
Original post by syrettd
A is worse. I do B if I'm with family because they really like food I hate, but my dad offers to get what I would like, I wouldn't make him. With friends I either don't eat or we decide on the same takeaway.

Which is worse?

A) Tucking into a nice sandwich...and the filling drops to the floor

B) Waiting ages for a takeaway to arrive and then realising your order is messed up

I'd say B is worse, as I'd just make myself another sandwich. It's not as easy to fix the takeaway issue! And after that LONG wait, wow, depressing.

What's worse, all your fizzy drink going flat or your coffee/tea going cold
Reply 55
A flat cola can still be refreshing (and some colas taste flat from the start anyway!) but a cola cuppa will NEVER be a heartwarmer again.

SAD TIMES MELISSA.

What's the GREATER OF TWO EVILS?

The removal of Dream/Picnic/Timeout/Whole Nut/Nuts About Caramel/Fuse/Crunchie Bite from Cadbury Heroes

or

The removal of Galaxy Truffle/Topic from Mars Celebrations?
Reply 56
The first. I'm still in mourning.

Going to the tin to see NO Malteaser celebrations.

OR

Getting a biscuit selection and there is ONLY 'Nice' (the irony) biscuits let.
Definitely the biscuits. Nice are vile and should be banned.

What's worse:

Cooking a poached/boiled egg for too long so the yolk is solid

OR

Burning the toast for your breakfast?
Reply 58
Burnt toast is the greater of the two evils. Hard Boiled Eggs are still delicious, whereas carbonised death toast is THE DEVIL.

WHAT'S THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

Making a pot of tea, only for everyone to pipe up "Oh, that the tea on? I'll take a cup" - you pour everyone their tea, and all that's left for you is a DRIBBLE.

or

"Are you SURE you don't want anything from the chippy?" "I'm sure." *You start eating yours*
"You know, I really fancy that now."
*RAGE*
"Are you SURE you don't want anything from the chippy?" "I'm sure." *You start eating yours*
"You know, I really fancy that now."
*RAGE*

This, simply because I don't drink hot drinks =P although I was on the other end of this last night, after a 6 hour journey on a cramped coach with a screaming child I was both knackered and carsick, and didn't fancy anything from the chip shop dad stopped at on the way back to pick the rest of the family's dinner up at. Once I got home and nabbed a couple of chips, I was hooked!

I'd also disagree on the previous example, wrecking a poached egg is a soul crushing thing :ashamed2:

What's worse, overcooking your steak (Face it, there's no such thing as undercooking it) or getting it served to you covered in a heretical accompaniment like ketchup or (controversial!) pepper sauce?

Quick Reply