The Student Room Group

National Heat Map published

The UK's Department of Energy and Climate Change has published a National Heat Map which can be found here.

national_heatmap.jpg

The Google Maps based map features different layers which show the heating either overall or in terms of public buildings, commercial heat, industrial heat and residential heat.

You won't be too surprised that London is deep red, but the best feature is that you can even zoom in on particular areas and buildings (sights as well as private houses) the map is very detailed!

When you open the link you'll just see a plain map so make sure you enable the layers in the drop-down menu at the left.

P.S. I wasn't sure where to post it and found no category which really fits, so I just put it in News and Current Affairs as I encountered it via the news :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
33-44 KWh/m2 for my house, not bad.

Would be nice if it let you zoom right in but on the whole a pretty nifty idea.
Reply 2
Could they not be bothered be Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland then:mad:

Original post by Shabalala

Why the **** would they bother to do that?

That's because environmental issues are devolved matters and the climate change part of the department's responsibilities only apply to England. Scottish Government might have produced something similar.
Reply 5
Well why's it called the "UK's Department of Energy and Climate Change" then
Reply 6
Well why's it called the "UK's Department of Energy and Climate Change" then

I am actually from mainland Europe and read this in a newspaper from my country so I might have been wrong thinking of it as a UK department.
Reply 7
I can see my house! Zoom far far out and see how insignificant we all are in the grand scheme of things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending