The Student Room Group

Pubic Hair - Stubble

I generally shave or immac pubic hair off completely, but a day+ afterwards there's always stubble (i know this is natural). In situations like when my boyfriend comes to stay for a few days i feel like after the first day it probably feels disgusting! I know i could do it again but the hairs are so small it tends to be painful..

a) does anyone else feel like this?
b) are guys totally put off by this feeling?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Waxing is the way forward
I imagine it would really hurt a guy (physically not any other way lol) because you know how when you kiss a guy with a beard you can get stubble rash. . . .
Maybe wax instead or keep it there?
Reply 3
Why not just let it grow and keep it trimmed?
Reply 4
snail_87
Why not just let it grow and keep it trimmed?

:s-smilie:
wax or keep it trimmed.

stubble isnt very nice at all
This stresses me out loads actually. If you shave, it's going to happen, waxing is a [very painful] alternative or epilating [but I don't think you're supposed to epilate there], and I'm pretty sure hair removal creams don't even work on pubes? So wax basically, because it's going to grow back from shaving quickly, which yes, sucks, but if your guy is staying for a few days and you think it's necessary just go get a wax?
Reply 7
Eurgh, I had the same problem too. It was bugging me so much I actually eventually got IPL (Intense Pulsated Light) treatment, kinda like laser treatment, done on it to remove it permanently- I know it sounds dramatic but it's what I really wanted. Anyway, don't worry about going as far as I did :p: but I feel your pain- a day after I shaved/immaced, there'd be horrible stubble and it looked really nasty. All I can really suggest is to wax or epilate (painful but lasts longer than shaving...that is if you can stand the pain ..) Also, get some stuff called Bikini Zone off the internet- it calms and soothes the skin in the area. I find that Skin Doctor has some good treatments for stopping the hair growth, and for making the skin look a little nicer. I find Calamine lotion works well too.
Haha, sorry for my long, off-topic ramble!
I sort of have to either trim or put up with stubble, as in the past when I've had bikini waxes it's drawn blood which looks far worse imo.
Anonymous
I imagine it would really hurt a guy (physically not any other way lol) because you know how when you kiss a guy with a beard you can get stubble rash. . . .
Maybe wax instead or keep it there?

Err, no... It doesn't.
AmberB
Eurgh, I had the same problem too. It was bugging me so much I actually eventually got IPL (Intense Pulsated Light) treatment, kinda like laser treatment, done on it to remove it permanently- I know it sounds dramatic but it's what I really wanted. Anyway, don't worry about going as far as I did :p: but I feel your pain- a day after I shaved/immaced, there'd be horrible stubble and it looked really nasty. All I can really suggest is to wax or epilate (painful but lasts longer than shaving...that is if you can stand the pain ..) Also, get some stuff called Bikini Zone off the internet- it calms and soothes the skin in the area. I find that Skin Doctor has some good treatments for stopping the hair growth, and for making the skin look a little nicer. I find Calamine lotion works well too.
Haha, sorry for my long, off-topic ramble!

How did the IPL work out for you? I'm on my 3rd session now for bikini line and when shaving it used to start growing back the day after exactly as you said, but now (actually even after my first treatment) nothing grows back for at least a month.. tis fantastic but im hoping it'll actually reduce some hairs in the long run and not just make it grow back alot slower :o:
It doesn't overly bother me. It's never caused me a pain or a rash anyway.
don't stress about the insults OP, it's not a stupid question. i understand where you are coming from and it is definitely very annoying. if the stubble is short, it does tend to physically irritate my boyfriend and myself. sex post 1 day after shaving becomes a bit less enjoyable because of the discomfort... it's annoying since we can't experience total comfort for more than a day!
if you do have sex frequently and thus find yourself shaving frequently, i suggest getting waxed. it does hurt but it's worth the pain.
Reply 13
BellaMemoria
How did the IPL work out for you? I'm on my 3rd session now for bikini line and when shaving it used to start growing back the day after exactly as you said, but now (actually even after my first treatment) nothing grows back for at least a month.. tis fantastic but im hoping it'll actually reduce some hairs in the long run and not just make it grow back alot slower :o:

It's worked brilliantly! Much better than I first thought. After about 3 sessions, there was almost no regrowth at all. I didn't even need to finish the full 6 sessions. So far, I've had 4- my last treatment was about 4 months ago, and not a single hair has grown back. I'm so pleased with it. I think it's pretty permanent- I know a couple of people who've had it done and they say they haven't needed to shave/wax ever again. :smile:
Stubble is horrible. I get it when I shave and I'm too poor/lazy to keep it waxed. My boyfriend understands that stubble is natural and he certainly doesn't let it put him off, but it hardly makes me feel sexy.

I guess waxing or trimming is the way forward =S
Reply 15
AmberB
It's worked brilliantly! Much better than I first thought. After about 3 sessions, there was almost no regrowth at all. I didn't even need to finish the full 6 sessions. So far, I've had 4- my last treatment was about 4 months ago, and not a single hair has grown back. I'm so pleased with it. I think it's pretty permanent- I know a couple of people who've had it done and they say they haven't needed to shave/wax ever again. :smile:

How much does this IPL cost? And is it 'all off' so to speak?
Reply 16
foundintransmission
This stresses me out loads actually. If you shave, it's going to happen, waxing is a [very painful] alternative or epilating [but I don't think you're supposed to epilate there], and I'm pretty sure hair removal creams don't even work on pubes? So wax basically, because it's going to grow back from shaving quickly, which yes, sucks, but if your guy is staying for a few days and you think it's necessary just go get a wax?

I get rid of it all with cream, works well.
Reply 17
Anonymous
How much does this IPL cost? And is it 'all off' so to speak?

When I had it done, it was about £150 a session, and they usually say you need 6 sessions to have it completed, but I only needed 4 to completely get rid of the hair. I think some boots stores now do a similar thing, and I'm guessing it's a bit cheaper. I went to a beauty aesthetic salon. It sounds a hell of a lot of money, but if you think about it; how much do we spend on razors, razor heads, wax strips, creams, professional waxing etc a year? It all mounts up, and with IPL treatment you never have to touch down there again, because it's permanent. And it really works.
And you can choose how much and exactly where you want the hair removed- some only get a minimal amount taken off, some get the lot. I personally had a Brazilian style; where they left a small strip at the front. :smile:
AmberB
When I had it done, it was about £150 a session, and they usually say you need 6 sessions to have it completed, but I only needed 4 to completely get rid of the hair. I think some boots stores now do a similar thing, and I'm guessing it's a bit cheaper. I went to a beauty aesthetic salon. It sounds a hell of a lot of money, but if you think about it; how much do we spend on razors, razor heads, wax strips, creams, professional waxing etc a year? It all mounts up, and with IPL treatment you never have to touch down there again, because it's permanent. And it really works.
And you can choose how much and exactly where you want the hair removed- some only get a minimal amount taken off, some get the lot. I personally had a Brazilian style; where they left a small strip at the front. :smile:

Oh if only I had the money
Reply 19
I had a girlfriend who got an -amazingly- close shave with an electric shaver (possibly from Boots, I'll have to look into it), which lasted a fair while, and when the hair grew back it wasn't stubbly at all... And she never complained of itching or anything, unless she didn't shave for long enough for the hair to properly brow back (at least 2 months)

Latest

Trending

Trending