The Student Room Group

How do I get bluetack off my wall???

So we're moving house next week and I'm packing. I had loads of random stuff on my wall (see below):

Spoiler

But now that i've taken it off... it looks like this:

Spoiler

How do I get it all OFF?! :confused:

I've taken loads of it off already and used my nails etc but its leaving behind loads of patchy bits :frown: The camera hasn't even picked up some of it.

I wouldn't care so much but we rent and the landlady's gonna hate me, she's a cow but still...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This is probably why universities bitch at students for using bluetack. >_<
Reply 2
usually if you heat it up some how ( ie hot water in a glass pressed against it) it somes off easier and doesnt stick to the walls so much!
It's easy, you use a ball of bluetack - just dab at the bluetack on the wall with it and it comes off easy-peasy!
Reply 4
Rub other, bigger bits of bluetack over where they are on the wall. That should get them off.

Or rub them using a damp cloth.
Reply 5
Get another blob of bluetack and rub it over the stuck bits. It'll come right off :smile:
Reply 6
Get a lump of blue tack and roll it over it/rub it gently with it...should all accumulate into the lump.
ponpon14
usually if you heat it up some how ( ie hot water in a glass pressed against it) it somes off easier and doesnt stick to the walls so much!

Wouldn't this just make it stickier??
Reply 8
Christian_j
It's easy, you use a ball of bluetack - just dab at the bluetack on the wall with it and it comes off easy-peasy!

Done that, not working. The wall paper is that stupid "textured" stuff and its getting stuck in all the creases :mad:
Get rid of bluetack by using bluetack =O
Reply 10
Christian_j

Yea it is easy-peasy lol :p: Use Christian_j's and ShaolinTemple's advice
Beige_Angel
Done that, not working. The wall paper is that stupid "textured" stuff and its getting stuck in all the creases :mad:

Then there's no other way - the only way to defeat Bluetack is to beat it with bluetack, it's like you need a criminal to catch a criminal...

Seriously, though - I have textured wallpaper and it usually works for me, weird :s-smilie:
Reply 12
set fire to it
Reply 13
Christian_j
Wouldn't this just make it stickier??

lol yeah i thought that, but it worked for me! i didnt mean hot, i just meant warm to make it more malleable (sorry i cant spell that!)
Reply 14
the bluetack v bluetack is the way forward but sometimes paint comes off in the same process.
Reply 15
Okay I know this sounds bizzarre but it really works! To get bluetac off, without ruining your wallpaper is simple. Dab some toothpaste on each of the blobs of tac and allow it to dry, then gently sponge off with a damp cloth after a day or so. Simple! Toothpaste for some reason dissolves the bluetac, I don't know why it works, it just does.
Reply 16
Aside from the bluetack dilemna I found some nutella from my french exchange behind some stuff on a shelf...

... french exchange was about 2 and a half years ago when I was in year 10 :eek:

look if you dare!

Spoiler

Lol there were probably life-forms gowing in there :p:

Ah the stuff you find when you're clearing out... (This is my 6th time moving, the 5th that I remember)
Reply 17
Beige_Angel
Aside from the bluetack dilemna I found some nutella from my french exchange behind some stuff on a shelf...

... french exchange was about 2 and a half years ago when I was in year 10 :eek:

look if you dare!

Spoiler

Ah the stuff you find when you're clearing out... (This is my 6th time moving, the 5th that I remember)

o0o0 crunchy nutella, yes pleasey!!

maybe you could get a tweezer and just scrape off the little bits let in the creases?
Reply 18
Speaking of blu-tac removal, use a fresh ball of BT, stretch it out a bit, press gently into the marks, repeat several times (slowly wear it down :p:). Patience is definitely a virtue here :biggrin:

Yum, ancient Nutella :biggrin:
Reply 19
Use a cuticle remover thingy stick and pull them out of the textured bits.

Quick Reply

Latest