The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
metro2610
I'm genuinely bricking this exam...

NEED AN A!!! :eek3:

Anyone got any exam tips for this? Essay structure etc?

Also, has everyone been taught the course through a series of booklets this year? I can't stand them :angry:

How did you find the way its been done?

Lol same boat mate =/, I use PEEL, Point, Explain, Evidence, Link.

It got me a high C in one paper last year despite only having done the first question and not knowing much.#
Reply 81
eenie_pod
Where is this spec? My teacher can't find it, and I've looked on Edexcel website... :frown:
section A bit on Nazi state & war production sounds a completely awful! I would have no clue :frown:

Section A was on the impact of ww1 on social and political tensions and the choatic nature of the nazi structure causing failure in production in ww2.
Section B was on decisions being made in Berlin determined the outbreak of ww1 and Nazi regime depeding on popularity rather than fear.
The wording is not exact but hope it helps!!
adam_zed
Lol same boat mate =/, I use PEEL, Point, Explain, Evidence, Link.

It got me a high C in one paper last year despite only having done the first question and not knowing much.#

Cheers mate!

I'll have a crack at it in a practice essay, see how it goes :biggrin:
Reply 83
metro2610
Cheers mate!

I'll have a crack at it in a practice essay, see how it goes :biggrin:

nice one, you wouldnt happen to have any essay questions would you?
adam_zed
nice one, you wouldnt happen to have any essay questions would you?

Got some from a mock if that helps?

Section A Q's:

1) 'It had fundamental weaknesses and these meant that it remained a fragile institution throughout the period 1919-32'. How far do you agree with this opinion of the Weimar Republic? (30 marks)

2) 'No more than a fringe irritant in German politics'. How far do you agree with this view of the Nazi Party in the years 1920-29? (30 marks)

Section B Q: (Popularity and efficiency of the Nazi regime)

'The Nazi regime depended more on its broad popularity than on terror in the years 1933-39' How far do you agree with this opinion? Explain your answer, using the evidence of sources 4, 5 and 6 and your own knowledge of the issues related to this controversy. (40 marks)

I'd type up the sources but I'd be here all night haha. Hope that helps though.
Reply 85
mhuss
Section A was on the impact of ww1 on social and political tensions and the choatic nature of the nazi structure causing failure in production in ww2.
Section B was on decisions being made in Berlin determined the outbreak of ww1 and Nazi regime depeding on popularity rather than fear.
The wording is not exact but hope it helps!!

Found it! thanks anyway :smile:
Reply 86
Can anyone tell me how much I need, roughly, percentage wise, to get an A overall in A2?
I have 100% in one AS module, 82% in the other
reckon about 100% or 95% in cworkn for A2

i have an oxford offer to meet and am really worried about screwing up on this module. there's just so much to learn and remember and i have an english exam the day before so my revision will be compromised severely.
if i got a high B in this module could i still get an A overall? cos for AS tho i got full marks in one module i only scraped an A in the other
:s-smilie:
Reply 87
metro2610
Got some from a mock if that helps?

Section A Q's:

1) 'It had fundamental weaknesses and these meant that it remained a fragile institution throughout the period 1919-32'. How far do you agree with this opinion of the Weimar Republic? (30 marks)

2) 'No more than a fringe irritant in German politics'. How far do you agree with this view of the Nazi Party in the years 1920-29? (30 marks)

Section B Q: (Popularity and efficiency of the Nazi regime)

'The Nazi regime depended more on its broad popularity than on terror in the years 1933-39' How far do you agree with this opinion? Explain your answer, using the evidence of sources 4, 5 and 6 and your own knowledge of the issues related to this controversy. (40 marks)

I'd type up the sources but I'd be here all night haha. Hope that helps though.

Did your teacher give you these questions, or did you get them from an exemplar?
It scares me how they can be so specific! :s-smilie:
eenie_pod
Did your teacher give you these questions, or did you get them from an exemplar?
It scares me how they can be so specific! :s-smilie:

Our teacher gave them to us, but she'd been to an Edexcel conference a few weeks ago...

And I know! My arguments just fell apart in the mock :eek3: Doubt I've done too well...
Reply 89
eenie_pod
Can anyone tell me how much I need, roughly, percentage wise, to get an A overall in A2?

i have an oxford offer to meet and am really worried about screwing up on this module. there's just so much to learn and remember and i have an english exam the day before so my revision will be compromised severely.
if i got a high B in this module could i still get an A overall? cos for AS tho i got full marks in one module i only scraped an A in the other

I'm confident of getting an A with a high B, despite only having 74% in one module, and 100% in the other (was it the sources paper that you got 100% in, per chance?)

So, if you have 100 + 82 + 76 (that's 95% of Unit 4) and (for arguments sake) 92 (a high B on that paper) you'll have 350 marks, 30 marks more than the 320 UMS needed to get an A :smile:

Don't worry yourself, if you have 3 As and a high B then you're going to get an A. More than anything, you could get a mid C and still get an A overall. Don't worry yourself so!
Reply 90
metro2610
I'm genuinely bricking this exam...

NEED AN A!!! :eek3:

Anyone got any exam tips for this? Essay structure etc?

Also, has everyone been taught the course through a series of booklets this year? I can't stand them :angry:

How did you find the way its been done?

How do you mean 'booklets'? As in, specially made by the exam board/other publisher or ones that your teachers have put together?

My teacher makes us booklets of notes, and in that way, I guess I have been.

Otherwise, we've been taught by making notes from class discussion and outside reading. :smile:
Reply 91
RedRevolver
I'm confident of getting an A with a high B, despite only having 74% in one module, and 100% in the other (was it the sources paper that you got 100% in, per chance?)

So, if you have 100 + 82 + 76 (that's 95% of Unit 4) and (for arguments sake) 92 (a high B on that paper) you'll have 350 marks, 30 marks more than the 320 UMS needed to get an A :smile:

Don't worry yourself, if you have 3 As and a high B then you're going to get an A. More than anything, you could get a mid C and still get an A overall. Don't worry yourself so!

Thank you! yeah it was the source paper - though i totally thought id screwed it when the Belgrano question came up!
'92 a high B'..isn't this exam out of 70? :confused:
I have no clue about all these numbers/UMS, my teacher doesn't either!
But thanks a lot anyway - i will try and worry less... if I'm calm it'll be easier! :smile:
Best of luck to you as well! :smile:
Reply 92
What do you think the grade boundaries will be for this paper?
My teacher seems to think 52/70 for an A
Reply 93
eenie_pod

Yes i think so because that's what i need (high B) to get an A overall and i got roughly about 88% in the coursework and a really average A last year so i have worked out using UMS markings so you'll probable only need a high C at best but i don't recommend not revising vigorously (not that you won't considering the oxford offer)!!

Sorry didn't see the other reply but hope this confirms that one anyway!!
RedRevolver
How do you mean 'booklets'? As in, specially made by the exam board/other publisher or ones that your teachers have put together?

My teacher makes us booklets of notes, and in that way, I guess I have been.

Otherwise, we've been taught by making notes from class discussion and outside reading. :smile:

Yeah, the ones they've put together at college haha.

Nothing goes in when I revise from them :s-smilie:
Reply 95
mhuss
Yes i think so because that's what i need (high B) to get an A overall and i got roughly about 88% in the coursework and a really average A last year so i have worked out using UMS markings so you'll probable only need a high C at best but i don't recommend not revising vigorously (not that you won't considering the oxford offer)!!

Sorry didn't see the other reply but hope this confirms that one anyway!!

thats fine, thanks anyway! :smile: will def revise but normally after most exams i come out feeling suicidal, so now i will have something to console myself with :smile:
there's just so much stuff to know its ridiculous! :eek3:
has anyone read the teachyourself nazi germany book?
Reply 97
qwertyuiop09
has anyone read the teachyourself nazi germany book?

No is it any good?
Reply 98
By the way, I am going to be writing notes in the coming days from the revision guide from edexcel onto powerpoint if anyone wants it?
Reply 99
adam_zed
By the way, I am going to be writing notes in the coming days from the revision guide from edexcel onto powerpoint if anyone wants it?

I'd appreciate it if you could send it to me :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending