The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Salford university interview nursing

plsss i have a interview next week and have to sit a maths and English exam and a group interview any tips?
what will i get asked pls helllppp:confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi

I have an interview next week for mental health nursing I was wondering if you could help me out with what kind of questions they ask also what the maths and english tests were like? I'm so nervous and have no idea what to expect so any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Hi beth, good luck with your interview.

I'm not really sure about the literacy test, I think they ask you to write a quick essay to see if you could write in standard english but as for the numeracy test, don't worry about that. I've seen a sample paper and it's like Key stage 3 maths.
One of the questions was like 6x 13 :smile:)
You could use a calculator as well.. There was also questions about conversion and BMI calculations but they do have the method of how you work it out above so you should be fine.

For the individual interviews;
Questions are mainly like:
Why do you want to be a nurse?
What qualities does a good nurse have?
What can you bring into the nursing profession?
etc...

Group discussion: is mainly current events - e.g
health campaigns, infection control... make sure you watch a lot of news or read the BBC health site :smile:

Hope this helps.
Reply 3
It helps a lot thank you very much I shall go and swot up on current events and key stage 3 maths! I'll feel less nervous going in with some idea about what to expect so thanks and fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 4
hi, iv just been reading your thread, i have an interview for nursing in salford tomorrow and only got the letter 4 days ago. have you had your yet?.....im nervous as it was really short notice
Reply 5
My salford interview was nothing like that...
Our group section was basically where we were all in a room with a flipchart and had to discuss all the things we'd like to know about nursing before starting the course (ie see how we interacted as a group..who took on what roles etc..)
The the one to one interview was me saying a bit about myself, why i wanted to do nursing.. then a few scenario based questions!
Very straight forward... guessing it's a changed a lot since last year then? :p:
Reply 6
Got my interview tomorrow, really nervous as it is my first interview. Tips on what to expect would be fantastic.
Reply 7
What field are you doing? You will be fine just be calm and collected, and be yourself sell sell sell lol :smile: xxx
Reply 8
I have my interview next Tuesday at Salford for Child Nursing...i have been told to read about a particular health topic of your choice, think i am going to look at obesity in children in differing races for which i have experience...just in case lol...and not to let everyone talk over you in the group interview...stand your ground but to be empathetic of others views...hope that helps xxx
Reply 9
Original post by mary82
I have my interview next Tuesday at Salford for Child Nursing...i have been told to read about a particular health topic of your choice, think i am going to look at obesity in children in differing races for which i have experience...just in case lol...and not to let everyone talk over you in the group interview...stand your ground but to be empathetic of others views...hope that helps xxx

Did the university tell you to read about a certain health topic? I have a child nursing interview there this Thursday and havn't been told this!!! *panics*. Does anyone know if the english test is still in essay format?
Reply 10
Original post by molly1412
Does anyone know if the english test is still in essay format?

My MH nursing interview english test was in essay format.
Reply 11
Had the interview @ Salford...it was really nice, everyone friendly but the maths was hard lol but i got offered the place next day so start next week yayyyyy...:smile: xxx
Reply 12
Original post by mary82
Had the interview @ Salford...it was really nice, everyone friendly but the maths was hard lol but i got offered the place next day so start next week yayyyyy...:smile: xxx

I've been told if i'm successful and there are places i will start next week, eek!
Hi got an conditional offer for Salford Adult nursing for septemebr 2012 intake! :smile: Anyone else the sme as me!?
Reply 14
Just been offered a place to study Child Nursing starting March next year at Salford!!!!!! I know its ages away but i'm just so happy to have been offered a place :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by molly1412
Just been offered a place to study Child Nursing starting March next year at Salford!!!!!! I know its ages away but i'm just so happy to have been offered a place :biggrin: :biggrin:

When did you have your interview? I had mine 2 weeks ago and not heard anything :frown: dont think it went very well x
I've received an offer today for children's nursing at Salford for march next year too!
Reply 17
Original post by xXRhiannonXx
When did you have your interview? I had mine 2 weeks ago and not heard anything :frown: dont think it went very well x

I had mine last Thursday, I didn't think the individual interview went well. My answers were really short and it all came out in word vomit! I think they said everyone should know by the end of the month so you should find out soon either way xx
Hi I have my interview on Monday at Salford for Mental Health nursing and i'm really worried about my Literacy and Numaracy thing, What are they like? is the essay difficult?
Original post by Kittencat
My MH nursing interview english test was in essay format.

What was the topic od the essay and how many words was it? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest