The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

WBS Firmers 2011

Hi there! I think I should make a thread for all the courses of WBS.

Congratulation on your offers! I hope all of you who got an offer will accept it :smile:

Firms please leave a message so that we know which course you are taking in the Warwick Business School!:p:p(sorry the previous post was a bit misleading

We may know each other even before the start of term!!

For me,

Management N200, offer AAA which I hope I can manage to get it...:tongue:

BTW, any idea on choosing accommodation?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
History V100 AAB offer
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
congratulation!:smile:
but i am afraid that this post is for people who got offers for business and management related courses as I stated WBS for the topic.:tongue:
sorry if maybe the topic is a bit misleading :tongue:

anyway, well done! are u definitely going to warwick next year?
Reply 3
Original post by giggsny
Hi there! I think I should make a thread for all the courses of WBS.

Congratulation on your offers! I hope all of you who got an offer will accept it :smile:

Any firmer please can you leave a message here in order to let everyone know which course you are taking :smile:

We may know each other even before the start of term!!

For me,

Management N200, offer AAA which I hope I can manage to get it...:tongue:

BTW, any idea on choosing accommodation?

Yeh, this bit was misleading. Sorry about that. Congrats on your offer anyway!
Reply 4
Hi there!! :smile:

I am a student from Slovakia and I've just got an offer from Warwick for Management N200 / AAAl.
I am really excited about being offered to study at WBS, but also little bit worried about all expenses.

Well, I am currently studying at Uni in my hometown, but to be honest, it sucks. Therefore I decided to apply for Warwick, and luckily I got it :smile:

Anyway, any idea how to handle all expenses on my own ? Do you have any advice on cheap accommodation?
And do you happen to know, whether EU students are eligible for a bursary or scholarships?

Thanks in advance for any respond :smile:
Reply 5
hi there! congratulation on ur offer!
it seems like we will be classmate next year :smile:

tbh i am also an international student so i am not sure abt it, sorry...but i think u need to live in the campus in the first year? some of the accommodations are relatively cheap, like westwood? but it is quite far away from the main campus

not sure if EU students are eligible for a bursary or scholarships, u may have to check it on their website

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/studentfunding/support/

it seems that only UK local students are supported
Reply 6
Well, regarding the accommodation, I think that it is possible to live on your own, or rent something through Landlords, isn't it?

And were are you from??

I'd like to discuss it further, are you interested in??
If so, write me an email to *mod edit: please don't post your email address*

Look forward to hearin' from u :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
think so, but wouldnt it be better to live in campus for the first year? surely you can meet more fds.

hong kong.

haha apparently ur email address has been hidden by the system :smile:
Reply 8
yes, apparently :biggrin:

Well, I think the price for campus accommodation is really high, therefore I am thinking about other possibilities. But, it depends, you know...

Nevermind, are u going to accept the offer? (maybe stupid question :biggrin:)
Reply 9
i think i am yeah :smile:
how abt u?
Reply 10
Anyone?

I just firmed Warwick this morning after receiving a rejection from LSE. :colondollar:.
To be honest, even if LSE gave me an offer, I would have had to consider firming Warwick cause it has the best Management course in the whole UK.
Reply 11
Original post by chuchuchu
Anyone?

I just firmed Warwick this morning after receiving a rejection from LSE. :colondollar:.
To be honest, even if LSE gave me an offer, I would have had to consider firming Warwick cause it has the best Management course in the whole UK.

hi I am going to firm Warwick N200 Management as well :smile: although not quite exactly the same course :P but yeah I am still a WBS Firmer

actually I have post this a while ago
have a look at the link

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1577338
Reply 12
Hi, I'm firming that exact course for next year and I literally can't wait, it looks sick! I haven't done it officially yet because I don't know what my Insurance is going to be yet but as soon as I decide I'll be firming Warwick. Bad luck with LSE btw!
Reply 13
Original post by giggsny
hi I am going to firm Warwick N200 Management as well :smile: although not quite exactly the same course :P but yeah I am still a WBS Firmer

actually I have post this a while ago
have a look at the link

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1577338

Oh I did not notice that before, sorry. I think we all do the same core and option modules, with an exception of my third year exchange, isn't it?

Original post by Shyney
Hi, I'm firming that exact course for next year and I literally can't wait, it looks sick! I haven't done it officially yet because I don't know what my Insurance is going to be yet but as soon as I decide I'll be firming Warwick. Bad luck with LSE btw!

Hi! Nice to meet you. Did you also have bad luck with LSE as well?
Reply 14
Oh I did not notice that before, sorry. I think we all do the same core and option modules, with an exception of my third year exchange, isn't it?

No, I decided not to apply for LSE. Last year I really wanted to go there but then after doing a bunch of research and looking at the course etc. I decided that I was looking for a 4 year programme with a year abroad or in Industry, Warwick's stood out in particular because of the quality of the exchanges they do.

Did you go to one of the visit days? I went to the one on the 16th of February so I may have seen you.
Reply 15
Original post by Shyney
No, I decided not to apply for LSE. Last year I really wanted to go there but then after doing a bunch of research and looking at the course etc. I decided that I was looking for a 4 year programme with a year abroad or in Industry, Warwick's stood out in particular because of the quality of the exchanges they do.

Did you go to one of the visit days? I went to the one on the 16th of February so I may have seen you.

So where do you want to go in your third year?

No I did not attend any of Warwick's open days cause I was waiting for LSE at that time. However, I am going tomorrow on a self-guided tour with some of the seniors I get to know before.
Reply 16
So where do you want to go in your third year?

No I did not attend any of Warwick's open days cause I was waiting for LSE at that time. However, I am going tomorrow on a self-guided tour with some of the seniors I get to know before.

Well, UPenn: Wharton looks phenomenal but I would settle for any of them to be honest, and the Course Director at the open day said they were adding more institutions all the time so by the time we're in 3rd year there might be another 10 places on the list. WBS e-mailed me today actually with a recorded version of the talk we were given at the open day, I can put the link on here for you if you want? By the way, what are you planning on doing for accommodation?
Reply 17
Hey, I'll be firming my Warwick offer as well for N200 Management. Still waiting for my last response to decide on my insurance but I'm hoping beyond anything that it works out with WBS. How is the campus and housing? I didn't get a chance to attend any of the open days as I live in Germany, so I haven't seen much of the university itself.
Reply 18
Original post by philipp
Hey, I'll be firming my Warwick offer as well for N200 Management. Still waiting for my last response to decide on my insurance but I'm hoping beyond anything that it works out with WBS. How is the campus and housing? I didn't get a chance to attend any of the open days as I live in Germany, so I haven't seen much of the university itself.

I really liked the campus but It's a bit of a case of you either love it or hate it I think, my Dad for example much preferred the campus at Birmingham to Warwick and even though I would probably agree with him the campus at Warwick was really nice, with a couple of decent green areas and lakes etc.

For accommodation just go on the warwick.ac.uk website and it's all on there (link below), or there's a really good thread on this website if you go on the Warwick forums about Accomodation.

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/studentaccommodation/all/campus/residences/
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19

no worries :smile:

yes i think so, but do you need to do any module related to language for the international management?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest