The Student Room Group

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
Original post by VENIVIDIVICI
It all depends how quickly they can get the admin sorted...they told us yesterday that with all the holidays coming up and people going away etc. that they'll try for the 28th April, BUT it may be that we'll have to wait til beginning of May.

Well that's encouraging. I was in the very first day of interviews, so hopefully we'll be among the first to hear the outcome as well :biggrin:
Reply 2001
Original post by triwka
Well that's encouraging. I was in the very first day of interviews, so hopefully we'll be among the first to hear the outcome as well :biggrin:

Tomorrow is the last day of interviews so I am sure people will start hearing back any time after that.
Reply 2002
Original post by Panthea
Ooh, hello! Our paths may have crossed this very day! :tongue:

It was scary wasn't it?! I keep thinking about it, wondering what I did well and what I did not so well...argh! I wonder which station you struggled with..? I'm aching to discuss things but as Venividivici said we might all be back on here next year and I don't want to give new applicants an advantage :colondollar:

Good luck anyway! x

Oh cool! :wink: Omg it was very scary indeed! Looking back i soo could done better but nerves got the better of me at the first station..seemed to get into it after. Station 2 is what i struggled with if that helps without discussing it too much. Good luck to you too...its safe to say im not going to be a lucky one this year :frown:.. just proud ive got this far :colone::colone:
Reply 2003
Original post by VENIVIDIVICI
Crazy hey..its less than 200 more like 167 (this recruitment drive) and 25 (in-service route).

Some of my questions and answers are playing back in my mind even though its been a day ago....especially the questions I struggled with.

i know when i look back at i keep kicking myself..i was such a nervous wreck and then i overran one interview..they never got to finish the questions..eek!!:s-smilie: the next three weeks are going to drive us mad eh? :angry:
Reply 2004
We hear either way don't we? Cos i think if they take longer than the 28th i will assume i've been unsuccessful so i hope they hurry up about it.
Reply 2005
Original post by dsmtrst
We hear either way don't we? Cos i think if they take longer than the 28th i will assume i've been unsuccessful so i hope they hurry up about it.
Yeah, I think it was said previously that everyone who attended AC will get a letter informing of the outcome!
Reply 2006
Original post by triwka
Yeah, I think it was said previously that everyone who attended AC will get a letter informing of the outcome!

I thought so, thank you! Hope they send both the successful and unsuccessful outcomes on the same day then as if i'm unsuccessful i just want to know as soon as possible.
Original post by triwka

Most likely an email first.
Reply 2008
Original post by stdnt
Tomorrow is the last day of interviews so I am sure people will start hearing back any time after that.

That's good news. Hopefully some of us should be hearing back soon after tomorrow then. Can't wait to know either way. Just put me out of my misery of waiting!
:cry:
I hope they tell us soon ... (waiting) ...
Original post by George Agdgdgwngo
Also take two photocopies of each document or they will ask you to email scans of the IDs.

uh oh, I've lost the contact email address for the ID scans!!!

Does anybody have the email address?? Or is it different for different areas?
I'm medical physics.

THANK YOU!!!!:frown:
Reply 2011
Original post by owpowpowp
uh oh, I've lost the contact email address for the ID scans!!!

Does anybody have the email address?? Or is it different for different areas?
I'm medical physics.

THANK YOU!!!!:frown:

It was mscrecruitment[at]westmidlands.nhs.uk.

Panic over :wink:.
Original post by tmx55
It was mscrecruitment[at]westmidlands.nhs.uk.

Panic over :wink:.

phew LOL thanks :wink::biggrin:
Reply 2013
Original post by George Agdgdgwngo
YES! I'd be surprised if anyonr said it was a walk in the park. Pretty intense experience overall. And I don't imagine most people have had an interview set-up like that before, which probably only added to the nerves.

Honestly it was evil. I totally screwed up most of the stations
Reply 2014
Original post by wonky

All this waiting is even more evil :angry:
Reply 2015
Original post by wonky

I think most people didn't find it great - i'm now hoping i'm the best of a bad bunch lol
I think making people wait 3 weeks for the outcome of an interview is really unprofessional. All the good organisations out there tell candidates within a few days or a week at the most. They really need to improve this for next year.
Reply 2017
Original post by GraduateSK
I think making people wait 3 weeks for the outcome of an interview is really unprofessional. All the good organisations out there tell candidates within a few days or a week at the most. They really need to improve this for next year.

I'd still be impressed if they let everyone know by 28th April. You have to remember very few organisations interview around 800 people in less than 3 weeks. Problem is we have the 11 day weekend coming up.
Reply 2018
Original post by GraduateSK

Large profit-making organisations can be that quick, but aren't always. I had an application pending with a large international electronics company for far longer than three weeks after they cancelled or rearranged a number of assessment centres, then finally emailed me to say that they had decided that the role would be cancelled and asked if I'd consider an entirely different role in an entirely different part of the country. Considering this is the NHS, and the sheer volume of applications they've had, I'm pretty impressed, and they've been very clear of the schedule from the outset. Assuming they stick to it, we've all known where we stood. The only aspect I object to is that they don't inform candidates who haven't been shortlisted. It wouldn't have taken long to send a dear John letter, and would probably have saved on the phone calls from people who wanted to be sure.

On the style of interview, I know that some people might prefer one forty minute interview to four ten minute interviews, but I found this of the least stressful styles I've come across. At least if you couldn't answer a question you'd be able to try another station shortly, and you got to make four first impressions which is definitely fairer. Like everyone here I'm really not sure how mine went, and I'm being haunted by memories of one particularly long silence that came before my blind stab at an answer, but overall I think that whatever the outcome it was fair.
Original post by tmx55
Large profit-making organisations can be that quick, but aren't always. I had an application pending with a large international electronics company for far longer than three weeks after they cancelled or rearranged a number of assessment centres, then finally emailed me to say that they had decided that the role would be cancelled and asked if I'd consider an entirely different role in an entirely different part of the country. Considering this is the NHS, and the sheer volume of applications they've had, I'm pretty impressed, and they've been very clear of the schedule from the outset. Assuming they stick to it, we've all known where we stood. The only aspect I object to is that they don't inform candidates who haven't been shortlisted. It wouldn't have taken long to send a dear John letter, and would probably have saved on the phone calls from people who wanted to be sure.

On the style of interview, I know that some people might prefer one forty minute interview to four ten minute interviews, but I found this of the least stressful styles I've come across. At least if you couldn't answer a question you'd be able to try another station shortly, and you got to make four first impressions which is definitely fairer. Like everyone here I'm really not sure how mine went, and I'm being haunted by memories of one particularly long silence that came before my blind stab at an answer, but overall I think that whatever the outcome it was fair.

I like the interview style - I think its fair. The only thing I do not like is that if you get a 1 or a 2, you will be not appointable even if you scored full marks on the other questions/stations. I feel like I did brilliantly on 3 stations, one station was not so great. I answered the questions to the best of my ability but I am not sure if the answers I gave were correct (at the other stations I was sure I was giving the answer they wanted to hear). I would feel so gutted if one answer let the whole thing slip through my fingers. People should be just put into rank order, even if they get a 1 or a 2 and the people at the top should get the job.

I am really anxious about hearing the outcome - I just want to know at this point, its not good for our mental health to keep going over it in our heads!! Especially if other job offers are coming up. Its helping me at least to know that other people like yourselves are going through the same thing. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending