The Student Room Group

Queens University Belfast Medicine Apps 2012 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Just recieved a letter inviting me to an interview! It's my first interview so I'm incredibly relieved that at least one of my university choices have given me a chance to prove myself. :tongue:
For anyone whose wondering by the way, I got 38/42 points. Congrats to everyone else whose recieved an interview!
Just got my letter for interview on 19th...anyone else gonna be there that day? :smile:
How many places do Queens have for med, does anyone know?
Gosh I'm so nervous, I'm from Dublin and down south we don't have interviews, so I havent got a clue what interviews will be like :P But I'm thinking these kind of interviews are the kind that you can't really prepare for? Anyone agree?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 242
Apparently its around 280, one would estimate somewhere over 340 in normal circumstances, however just a hunch but as NI students pay only 1/3 fees i would imagine the number of offers / places would be lower than other universities because of this, might be wrong though.

"The Centre for Medical Education (CME) is responsible for the organisation, management and delivery of the medical course at Queen's. Medicine has been taught in Belfast since 1821 and there has been a Medical School at Queen’s University since 1849. The five year course in Medicine has an intake of approximately 280 students, including school leavers and graduates. Our aim is to educate individuals who at all times put the consideration of patients as their first priority."
Reply 243
Original post by KR1993
everyone is ranked and top 500 get interviews, phone or email the admissions office asking about the status of your application :smile:

Thank you for the advice, i'll give the royal mail one more day first, then I will ring!!
Reply 244
Does anyone know what's the lowest points that have got an interview so far? I have 38 and I know a few who have an interview with 38, but I've still yet to hear, and Queen's is my first choice. I wish they would let me know :frown: haha
Original post by os93
Thank you for the advice, i'll give the royal mail one more day first, then I will ring!!

Try not to worry, I haven't had an interview letter through the post yet either and I am about as sure as you can be that I have 40/42.
Reply 246

Original post by os93
mmmmm....... still no letter...... do you automatically get a interview with enough points?

Anybody got an interview for the 20th yet?

I got one for the 20th today! I'm so happy :smile: Qub is my 1st choice!
Reply 247
Original post by aokgirl
I got one for the 20th today! I'm so happy :smile: Qub is my 1st choice!

thats great news (QUB is my first choice too). interview on the 19th. starting to panic now - how do i do good in mmi?
Reply 248
Original post by Doctor2b

Original post by Doctor2b
thats great news (QUB is my first choice too). interview on the 19th. starting to panic now - how do i do good in mmi?

Woo! I really don't know how to practice it! Run from room to room in the house and get people to ask me ethical scenarios! Lol!
Reply 249
Original post by aokgirl
Woo! I really don't know how to practice it! Run from room to room in the house and get people to ask me ethical scenarios! Lol!

Ohnohnohnohnohnohno - im panicking how do we get throught this? And then we have to wait till march for the decision :s-smilie:
Reply 250
Hey I got an interview for Monday 19th December. Anyone else on that day?
Reply 251
I know the interview format is MMI, but do they ask Personal Statement-based questions? For example, about yourself, hobbies, work experience etc.?
Reply 252
@ mitosis

No, they don't. It's solely based on the MMIs, there's no station that will ask you questions about yourself etc.
Interview on the 20th :smile: Soooo excited
Reply 254
Original post by d3ano
Hey I got an interview for Monday 19th December. Anyone else on that day?

Me! :smile: Is yours in the morning?

Emily
Reply 255
Original post by orie2261
@ mitosis

No, they don't. It's solely based on the MMIs, there's no station that will ask you questions about yourself etc.

sounds scary!
Original post by orie2261
@ mitosis

Are you sure about that? :s-smilie: I can't imagine them not having even 1 station where they ask about you or your personal statement...
Original post by E.B
Me! :smile: Is yours in the morning?

Emily

I'm on the 19th too! Have to be there at 11.30 :biggrin:
Reply 258
i'm on the 19th at 9.45 - my letter doesnt say what we need to bring! anyone any ideas? ID, Exam certificates?

sorry - didnt read the back of the letter - i feel soooo stupid right now
Reply 259
interview on the 16th, anyone else that early ?? Im a graduate by the way. I didn't get a letter though, just an e-mail and then a phone call to arrange a time.

Quick Reply