The Student Room Group

Sociology applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Still waiting to here from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Stirling, anyone heard from these, im getting kind of worried.
Reply 101
Original post by jane12345
Still waiting to here from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Stirling, anyone heard from these, im getting kind of worried.

I received a conditional offer from Glasgow 3 and a half months ago.
Still waiting from Edinburgh too!
Hi! I have offers from York and Huddersfield so far! Waiting on Leicester, Kent and NTU. Good luck everyone.
I've applied to Wolverhampton, Staffs, Leeds Met, Manchester Met and Derby for Sociology... decided upon Leeds Met for firm choice and Man Met for insurance even though I hated it... Leeds Met asks for lower tariffs anyway so pretty sure I'll get in there :smile: Good luck to everyone, hope you get the grades you wanted from the Jan exams!
Reply 104
Conditional offer from LSE at ABB!!!!
Reply 105
Original post by myka551
Conditional offer from LSE at ABB!!!!

Congrats ! It's my first choice, is it yours ? :smile:
Reply 106
Original post by hboyers
Congrats ! It's my first choice, is it yours ? :smile:

Yup yup yup LOL :tongue: Where else have you applied to???
Reply 107
Original post by myka551
Yup yup yup LOL :tongue: Where else have you applied to???

I applied to LSE (first choice), Warwick (second choice), Exeter, Loughborough and Leicester- got offers from all 5 :smile: but LSE was the dream so now that's sorted panic over ! Where else did you apply ? Also do you know what you're going for in terms of accommodation ?
Reply 108
Original post by hboyers
I applied to LSE (first choice), Warwick (second choice), Exeter, Loughborough and Leicester- got offers from all 5 :smile: but LSE was the dream so now that's sorted panic over ! Where else did you apply ? Also do you know what you're going for in terms of accommodation ?

I applied to LSE (first choice), Exeter, Surrey, Westminster and Oxford Brookes - got all 5 offers as well ahahaha XD Still not sure which one is my insurance though....

LSE is the only university which I didn't apply for accomodation and my offers for LSE, Exeter and Surrey are for ABB whereas its BBC for the others :smile: you?
I got offers from Durham, Bath and York. (rejected by LSE, Warwick:frown:)
Still deciding between Durham and Bath.
Do you guys think that studying sociology in a small city, like Durham, is not that preferable? I am an international student living in a quite big city and is hoping to learn things in Sociology which are relevant and reflective to my personal experience. I like Durham quite a lot, but am still thinking on this point....

Any comment?
Reply 110
Hey guys,
I firmed sheffield for sociology and portsmouth as my insurance a few days ago :smile: also applied to nottingham trent,oxford brookes and aston x
Reply 111
Original post by pearls
When are you visiting? I'm visiting on the 29th of feb hopefullyy x

Very late response.
How did you find Manchester?
Original post by taihytaihy
I got offers from Durham, Bath and York. (rejected by LSE, Warwick:frown:)
Still deciding between Durham and Bath.
Do you guys think that studying sociology in a small city, like Durham, is not that preferable? I am an international student living in a quite big city and is hoping to learn things in Sociology which are relevant and reflective to my personal experience. I like Durham quite a lot, but am still thinking on this point....

Any comment?

Durham's pretty near Newcastle though - besides, there's bound to be a large student population! I wouldn't worry about it at all. The university's amazing too :biggrin:
Reply 113
Original post by beccahl
Very late response.
How did you find Manchester?

I'll be firming Manchester but on the open day in the lecture I was falling asleep lol
Wbu how did you find it? I'm thinking of changing to social science the bass degree
Reply 114
Has anyone going to York for Sociology?
Reply 115
hi guys - updatingg ~ I'll be going to Exeter for BA Sociology!! Anyone???

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest