The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zigggyy.
15 :smile: And you?

I have 7 exams
Really? I think it's so useful! Like, I do german, so my exam's the last exam on the 27th -__- so it's just good to see that I have 20 whole days to revise for it (': just to see which exam's the closest and stuff :')

I only have 8 exams left anyway, 2 of which are a joke.. Another 2 of which I am incompetent at revising for.. (English Lang&Lit), I don't realise how people can revise for them. How can you revise interpretation, extraction of language features/devices and how to put your opinion across? You either know how to do it, or you don't... But that's just my opinion!

My last exams are on the 29th, Physics and FSMQ Maths.. :smile:
15 :smile: And you?

Original post by CharlieBoardman
I only have 8 exams left anyway, 2 of which are a joke.. Another 2 of which I am incompetent at revising for.. (English Lang&Lit), I don't realise how people can revise for them. How can you revise interpretation, extraction of language features/devices and how to put your opinion across? You either know how to do it, or you don't... But that's just my opinion!

They can't be GCSE since GCSE exams end 27th June.

Wait FSMQ Add Maths is 30th May. Is that what you mean? If so, that is crazy how your exams end in May!!!
Original post by GreenLantern1

Wait FSMQ Add Maths is 30th May. Is that what you mean? If so, that is crazy how your exams end in May!!!

Yes mine end in May :biggrin:

All I know is that FSMQ and Physics are on the same day, is it the 30th?

So this is where exam timetables come in handy....:colondollar:
That just means I have an extra days revision :biggrin:
Reply 2685

Good luck. :smile:

Original post by Dalek1099
I have 7 exams

Ah, woah, guessing you sat a fair few in year 10? :smile:

ahah, for us we have 3 set texts, so learning annotations and all of that would be pretty wise. (': But for language you just have to master the skills. :/ ah, what exam board are you on for itt?

17? You have more than double the exams I have :biggrin:
I only have 8 left lmao.
(edited 11 years ago)
Good luck. :smile:

Ah, woah, guessing you sat a fair few in year 10? :smile:

ahah, for us we have 3 set texts, so learning annotations and all of that would be pretty wise. (': But for language you just have to master the skills. :/ ah, what exam board are you on for itt?

i'm in Y10.

they start in may though:colondollar:
Reply 2689
Original post by Dalek1099
i'm in Y10.

oh, pahahahaha. Urm, Hi.. :cool:
17? You have more than double the exam I have :biggrin:
I only have 8 left lmao.

Well I got 15 GCSE one's, 1 FSMQ and 1 AS. Can't believe you only have 8!

And I had 10 last June, 4 this January and 1 in Year 9 June so totalling 32 exams!

I will have 13 GCSES's 1 FSMQ and 1 AS though. But surely you can't have aout half of this!

You will actuallyy have like a 3 month summer!!! You lucky guy.

Ah I see :smile: I may have to read Of Mice and Men and Inspector Calls a couple of times, but that's it.

If I'm perfectly honest, I couldn't tell you what exam board I am with for English! I detest the subject so much. Cannot wait to be rid of it...
Reply 2692
My exams are all in my and finish in May xD Only got 8.
AQA english lang, english lit & english lit
2 Edexcel RE
and 3 additional AQA science :biggrin:
Well I got 15 GCSE one's, 1 FSMQ and 1 AS. Can't believe you only have 8!

And I had 10 last June, 4 this January and 1 in Year 9 June so totalling 32 exams!

I will have 13 GCSES's 1 FSMQ and 1 AS though. But surely you can't have aout half of this!

You will actuallyy have like a 3 month summer!!! You lucky guy.

I had 12 Exams last year, I've had 8 this year already, and I have 8 left... So 28 in total. I will have 9.5 GCSE's, ICT OCR Qualification, Preparation for Work in life qualification (complete bull.), and an FSMQ.

Super long summer :biggrin: but that doesn't mean I won't be working. I will be self teaching C3&4, and AS Phys/Chem/Bio :smile:
I had 12 Exams last year, I've had 8 this year already, and I have 8 left... So 28 in total. I will have 9.5 GCSE's, ICT OCR Qualification, Preparation for Work in life qualification (complete bull.), and an FSMQ.

Super long summer :biggrin: but that doesn't mean I won't be working. I will be self teaching C3&4, and AS Phys/Chem/Bio :smile:

Good luck with the self-teaching. I wouldn't know how to revise AS sciences though. Wouldn't have any resources and the specifications aren't anywhere near as detailed as GCSE.
Good luck with the self-teaching. I wouldn't know how to revise AS sciences though. Wouldn't have any resources and the specifications aren't anywhere near as detailed as GCSE.

I used CGP Revision Books for all my GCSE revision, and even though they are only revision guides, I believe they cover ever topic thoroughly. CGP are also bringing some full 'Course Books' out for AS Biology and Chemistry this month. So they should help out a lot :smile: It won't be too difficult, as I enjoy Science a lot too.
I used CGP Revision Books for all my GCSE revision, and even though they are only revision guides, I believe they cover ever topic thoroughly. CGP are also bringing some full 'Course Books' out for AS Biology and Chemistry this month. So they should help out a lot :smile: It won't be too difficult, as I enjoy Science a lot too.

Well science is pretty easy. And it is annoying how a lot of people get away with not understanding something but just mindlessly learning the stuff about it in textbooks and revision guides.

Although I doubt it hugely will be, I hope A-Level sciences will be a lot tougher, and hopefully be more interesting as well! I am sure it will still be a nice step up from GCSE though!
Well science is pretty easy. And it is annoying how a lot of people get away with not understanding something but just mindlessly learning the stuff about it in textbooks and revision guides.

Although I doubt it hugely will be, I hope A-Level sciences will be a lot tougher, and hopefully be more interesting as well! I am sure it will still be a nice step up from GCSE though!

Well that's the thing isn't it. Somebody can get good Science grades at GCSE, without a good knowledge of science concepts. All you have to do is learn a few sentences, and regurgitate them come exam day. The exams have the same questions every year, so once you learn a few sentences you're fine!

I hope A-Level is a lot more interesting and complex than GCSE. GCSE is so basic and elementary it's un true. -.- A-Level will be quite a bit harder than GCSE, but I'm not worried about that :smile:
Well that's the thing isn't it. Somebody can get good Science grades at GCSE, without a good knowledge of science concepts. All you have to do is learn a few sentences, and regurgitate them come exam day. The exams have the same questions every year, so once you learn a few sentences you're fine!

I hope A-Level is a lot more interesting and complex than GCSE. GCSE is so basic and elementary it's un true. -.- A-Level will be quite a bit harder than GCSE, but I'm not worried about that :smile:

I really wish it was that easy-my specification is new so fore my 1st exams they had nothing to judge off bar a specimen but for my resits there will be 1 past paper.
How many eggs did you all get? :biggrin:

Latest