The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by RoryS
Ohh sorry, I'm new to all this! I'll take a look at your thread. :smile:

no problems! :P Have a look and if you wish to replace egypt PM me a manifesto :biggrin:
Original post by Moleman1996
two votes yes, that goes through then. Shall we start a thread asking for manifestos for why the countries should join the council, or do it in this thread, and just have a seperate thread for the poll

Ask here because this thread is more likely to be in people's tracked threads
Reply 42
Original post by missbanana21
Ask here because this thread is more likely to be in people's tracked threads

k, i'll copy and paste it when I get back from writing a history controlled assessment :frown:
Reply 43
QFA

You think we should consider putting up a vote to disband the league? i can't see activity increasing again, and its a shame but we just haven't had any input from the other Countries :frown:
You think we should consider putting up a vote to disband the league? i can't see activity increasing again, and its a shame but we just haven't had any input from the other Countries :frown:

I see your point but I really don't want to do that purely because I don't want to suggest disbanding it :frown:
Reply 45
I see your point but I really don't want to do that purely because I don't want to suggest disbanding it :frown:

Maybe let it run until the end of the council's mandate, and then see whether we close it down or start taking ideas for a permanent election system?

Any ideas to boost activity?
Maybe let it run until the end of the council's mandate, and then see whether we close it down or start taking ideas for a permanent election system?

Any ideas to boost activity?

I don't know what else we can do because TC has mentioned us on a number of occasions to everyone so they all know we're here. Let it run, and let everyone vote on its existence because it benefits the whole MUN?
Reply 47
I don't know what else we can do because TC has mentioned us on a number of occasions to everyone so they all know we're here. Let it run, and let everyone vote on its existence because it benefits the whole MUN?

We could just sit it out I suppose, MUN activity in general is low at the moment, but activity has picked up in the MHoC. It seems when one is dead, the other thrives. :/ If there's not much MUN activity I suppose sub divisions of it are likely to suffer.
We could just sit it out I suppose, MUN activity in general is low at the moment, but activity has picked up in the MHoC. It seems when one is dead, the other thrives. :/ If there's not much MUN activity I suppose sub divisions of it are likely to suffer.

Yeah, that makes sense. I need to get more involved in the TSR Lib Dems but I'm so busy :P
Reply 49
Yeah, that makes sense. I need to get more involved in the TSR Lib Dems but I'm so busy :P

my activity in here has gone down too much because im more involved in the TSR Tories now :frown: Will try and divide my time between MUN and MHoC more evenly in future! :tongue:
my activity in here has gone down too much because im more involved in the TSR Tories now :frown: Will try and divide my time between MUN and MHoC more evenly in future! :tongue:

We're coalition partners IRL! :hugs:
Reply 51
We're coalition partners IRL! :hugs:

he he, we are! But not on here :frown: Although JPKC's comments today has meant we've spent quite a bit of time in your "Ask a lib dem" thread :colone:
QFA

Mattyboi69 is the new representative for Kuwait, so a new member for the Arab league perhaps.
Reply 53
Original post by thunder_chunky
Mattyboi69 is the new representative for Kuwait, so a new member for the Arab league perhaps.

thanks, Kuwait is a member of the League in RL so Kuwait automatically qualifies for TSR Membership
thanks, Kuwait is a member of the League in RL so Kuwait automatically qualifies for TSR Membership

Okey doke.
His profile if you need to contact him about the Arab League.
he he, we are! But not on here :frown: Although JPKC's comments today has meant we've spent quite a bit of time in your "Ask a lib dem" thread :colone:

Who said what to who now? I have no idea what's happening in MHoC at all. :tongue:
Reply 56
Who said what to who now? I have no idea what's happening in MHoC at all. :tongue:

basically we were in coalition with UKIP and JPKC, JPKC had to leave the coalition because he was being a prat again and editing interviews given by the labour leader to the newly formed MHoC newspaper, something which caused labour MP and interviewer RoryS to temporarily lose his place in the party as he appeared to be the suspect. JPKC allowed this to carry on for days before admitting it only when he was proven guilty. Since leaving the coalition he has haphazardley attempted to leak our plans to the rest of the house, and has misinformed your leader on a lot of them, such as that we want to privatise the health service :tongue: We had to clean up the mess he'd left in your ask thread :smile:
The MHoC would like to become an Observer member of the Arab League.
Reply 58
Original post by toronto353
The MHoC would like to become an Observer member of the Arab League.

QFA

Tunisia propose that the Inaugural Council of the Arab League vote on The MHoC's admission under observer status immediately.

Tunisia votes yes.
The President of the Baltic Partnership informs the League of our discussion of the Yulia Tymoshenko case, and wishes to here the League's opinions.

Equally, the Partnership would be interested in furthering its relation with the League.

OOC: just trying to put some motions to discuss to help activity :smile: