The Student Room Group

What are your opinions on ear stretchers?

Just interested to see what people's opinions of them are :smile:
Thinking about maybe getting a fake one for myself (I do want to be able to wear normal earrings as well at times!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good for sex.
They are gross... I don't see what looks good about having a huge whole in your ear for the rest of your life.
I just imagine how stupid they'll look with these horrendous drooping ears in a few decades time...
Why do people do things like that to themselves. They are not attractive and if you don't wear them then you end up with weird ears :s-smilie: Makes me cringe when I see them...
Once you go black... you go deaf
They look ****ing awesome until about 10mm, then they start to look a bit naff and the hole is noticeable when you remove them.

But you shouldnt do it for other people's opinions - you should do it cause you like it.
Reply 7
They're disgusting.

But that's just me.
Reply 8
they look alright. Dont really care tbh
Reply 9
Pretty disgusting. Kind of puts me off the person too, as they are a massive trend follower.
Not a fan. Surely they won't like their baggy ear hole as much when they're old and grey? I mean, I'm sure you could get reconstructive surgery, but it all just seems a bit silly.
Reply 11
No. Do not want. Do not like.

Would not go out with a girl with one.
I have one- it's a 6mm, and I disagree that they look disgusting! They look different to normal earrings, especially if you get patterned plugs, and can be used as a brilliant, individual accessory. They go back to normal sized piercings as well, if you don't go over 8mm, so they certainly don't disfigure you for life. As with most fake alternatives, I think fake plugs are a bit of a waste of time- if you think they look cool, then you should do it properly. However, using a fake one for a while to make sure you like the style is a good idea. Als- i would recommend buying a set of plastic stretchers off ebay rather than a tattooist becaus ethey can be expensive. Hope that helps!
Reply 13
Fake ones look ridiculous most the time tbh. Usually it's pretty obvious...especially fake tapers. Although it's still far better than rushing into it and stretching too fast!

I do like stretched ears, as long as they've been done properly and the lobe is healthy and not about to split in half like half the people I see offline. Ew. I've been stretching for about 7 years or so and have been at 1/2" for about 5 or 6 years (and I hope/assume I will stay there for a lot longer, considering it's highly unlikely they'll fully close now!).
Hate it, really off putting
Every time I see them I can't stop myself imagining the havoc I could create by putting a padlock through the hole and locking it....
I think they look ridiculous.
I like them, I want to do it myself but only up to 6mm or so. They will go back to normal unless you stretch them beyond a certain point so no need to worry about saggy ears when you're old.
I get a strange urge to put my finger through it when I see them :afraid:
Don't ask people on TSR lol. I have a 12m and i like it! Plus the hole does go back when you take it out haha.

Quick Reply

Latest