The Student Room Group

Left exam revision till late

Im really scared time has just gone by so quickly and now ive left revision for my as levels too late i have 9 exams starting on the 14th till the 24th and i only have 9 days left to revise for them, ive done no revision for them at all so far, is it possible to get good grades? what should i do?
i take biology chemistry maths and history by the way :mad:

Scroll to see replies

Start now!
Its never too late to start revising.
Reply 2
Start now, before it is too late. Make the most of these 9 days! I have 11 days till my first exam, probably not done enough/nowhere near finishing revision for the history course BUT it is better to start now, then the night before the exam! Don't panic though!!!
Reply 3
Get revising! Do you already understand the content as you covered it in class? If you did it'll be much easier as you'll just be revising rather than learning.
Also, Biology and Chemistry have a huge amount of content. Just learn concepts and do practice questions.
The end of topic questions at the end of each chapter in the CGP revision guide are pretty good!
For Maths, MyMaths is great. Learn the topics and attempt as many pastpapers as possible!
Goodluck
Reply 5
Original post by Mike Hunt is nice
Also, Biology and Chemistry have a huge amount of content. Just learn concepts and do practice questions.
The end of topic questions at the end of each chapter in the CGP revision guide are pretty good!
For Maths, MyMaths is great. Learn the topics and attempt as many pastpapers as possible!
Goodluck

yeah i roughly know the content or them all but i just need to basically memorise everything thanks though :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by ummm
Get revising! Do you already understand the content as you covered it in class? If you did it'll be much easier as you'll just be revising rather than learning.

i understand everything its just the amount i need to learn off within the next week :eek:
Reply 7
Original post by hafsah286
i understand everything its just the amount i need to learn off within the next week :eek:

It's going to be hard, but doable! You need to prioritise your first exams, but don't completely neglect those later on. You're not going to have the time to memorise every little detail, and for chemistry I think it's much more important to fully understand the concepts as it's mostly all about application anyway. Just try to grasp the content for biology, then do as many past papers as possible! For maths, I'm assuming you can already do most of the different things that are going to be on the paper? If not, make key notes, and go through everything to make sure you understand it, then again, do as many past papers as possible.

Good luck! How come you haven't started before now if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 8
start now and just give it your all, but just remember, A Past Paper a day, Keeps the Resits away!
Reply 9
Original post by Mike Hunt is nice

Its never too late to start revising.

What about after the exam?! :s-smilie:
Reply 10
I'm in the same situation! I'm doing Maths, Biology, English Lit and History and haven't started revising yet. I haven't even read the books for Eng Lit :/
Reply 11
Original post by Baddream
I'm in the same situation! I'm doing Maths, Biology, English Lit and History and haven't started revising yet. I haven't even read the books for Eng Lit :/

weve just got to bash revision now for the next month i guess, like HOURS a day then hopefully well get back on track good luck! :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by ummm
It's going to be hard, but doable! You need to prioritise your first exams, but don't completely neglect those later on. You're not going to have the time to memorise every little detail, and for chemistry I think it's much more important to fully understand the concepts as it's mostly all about application anyway. Just try to grasp the content for biology, then do as many past papers as possible! For maths, I'm assuming you can already do most of the different things that are going to be on the paper? If not, make key notes, and go through everything to make sure you understand it, then again, do as many past papers as possible.

Good luck! How come you haven't started before now if you don't mind me asking?

aw thanks for the tips! :smile: weve had coursework and assignments due in and stuff so i didnt get a chance and i didnt realise just how quick time had gone, i know that probably sounds really dumb lol but i was just like oh theres plenty of time left till i realised there was only 9 days plus for my gcses with only a bit of revision i managed to get a*s and as so i just didnt realise the enormity of alevels and thought id be able to do it , but clearly not haha
Start revising now and get as much done as you can!
I know you're freaking out at the moment but just try and keep calm and get organised. Maybe decide/plan what you're going to revise and how long for and then just get cracking :yy:

Good Luck
lulz and heres me stressing about leaving it to late with a month to go
Despite this being an old thread... What did u gt out of curiosity?
Original post by Baddream

Yea, as someone else has stated, though this is an old thread could anyone say how it went. In panic mode and it would be great to know that everything still went ok.
Reply 17
Original post by Cherry82
Yea, as someone else has stated, though this is an old thread could anyone say how it went. In panic mode and it would be great to know that everything still went ok.

Aargh a week left in so scared
Original post by kira1
Aargh a week left in so scared

Same, only properly started a few days ago.
Reply 19
Original post by Cherry82
Same, only properly started a few days ago.

I'm going to start now
It's never too late

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending