Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
What exam board are you with for Economics? :smile:

Aqa for economics
Original post by tw15st3d
Aqa for economics

Nice :smile: I'm with OCR.
Original post by Saleemadat
I'm actually having troubles with the unseen, I do not know how to structure it. My exam's on the 24th of may (AQA moons on tide) along with physics ( p1 edexcel).

I haven't had a look at how to answer questions yet,which is quite bad because the exam is on the 24th may and I was just at the moment making notes for some of the poems in my edexcel anthology that were preparation for unseen poetry.
Original post by Dalek1099
I haven't had a look at how to answer questions yet,which is quite bad because the exam is on the 24th may and I was just at the moment making notes for some of the poems in my edexcel anthology that were preparation for unseen poetry.

if you prepare an answer and tell me the poem and question i will gladly mark it and see if i can help you improve :-) and if i can also help you develop ideas and key conotations :smile:
So stressed at the moment i have to many exams and i have really revised for any of them.
i have
psychology
biology
rs
chemistry
geography
physics
latin langauage
maths
geography
roman civilasation
and loads and loads of mocks and assesments. Tts killing me.
Does any one else do psychology my school seems to be the only one :smile:
i wish mine did psychology :-)
I am able to confidently say that I know a total of 3 things for the new Biology specification :ahee:

Thank Christ I prefer Physics and Chemistry.
Original post by MangoFreak
I am able to confidently say that I know a total of 3 things for the new Biology specification :ahee:

Thank Christ I prefer Physics and Chemistry.

which exam you doing ... im doing B1 on the 12th june with AQA :frown: .. dreading it !!!!!!
I do psychlogy! Exam on mon aaaaaa x
Original post by techno836
which exam you doing ... im doing B1 on the 12th june with AQA :frown: .. dreading it !!!!!!

It's the new specification OCR Gateway Triple Science. It's B1B2B3. We do Chemistry a few days later and Physics a few days after that.

The old specification was super easy. I don't know whether all exam boards have to switch to the new, but good luck anyway :biggrin: The new stuff is more about application of knowledge rather than just listing knowledge. I don't think it's TOO different, I just don't know the Biology stuff. In Chemistry and Physics we went over the stuff that I missed (they started the course in Year 9 before I joined the school), but Biology not so much.
It's the new specification OCR Gateway Triple Science. It's B1B2B3. We do Chemistry a few days later and Physics a few days after that.

The old specification was super easy. I don't know whether all exam boards have to switch to the new, but good luck anyway :biggrin: The new stuff is more about application of knowledge rather than just listing knowledge. I don't think it's TOO different, I just don't know the Biology stuff. In Chemistry and Physics we went over the stuff that I missed (they started the course in Year 9 before I joined the school), but Biology not so much.

yeah we ( AQA ) do new spec ..seperate sciences 12 exams -.- B1 B2 B3 Biology ISA .. C1 C2 C3 chemistry ISA .. P1 P2 P3 physics ISA -.- ... only doing 2 this year and 10 next year :'( ( but i will have 10 hours a week of science :-) ) and i hate biology my worst one :frown: i did my first attempt in january thought it was easy and i got a C ..... i believe it had a harsh markscheme and requires very good terminology which i cant get to grips with

my chemistry is 1 week 2 days after but that im great at chemistry :-) and no physics this year for me :frown:
yeah we ( AQA ) do new spec ..seperate sciences 12 exams -.- B1 B2 B3 Biology ISA .. C1 C2 C3 chemistry ISA .. P1 P2 P3 physics ISA -.- ... only doing 2 this year and 10 next year :'( ( but i will have 10 hours a week of science :-) ) and i hate biology my worst one :frown: i did my first attempt in january thought it was easy and i got a C ..... i believe it had a harsh markscheme and requires very good terminology which i cant get to grips with

my chemistry is 1 week 2 days after but that im great at chemistry :-) and no physics this year for me :frown:

I've found that most of the sciences are pretty boring until the 3rd/4th modules. I expect that's due to the first two being part of Core, meaning they need to be fairly simple for the simple peoples :ahee:

Microbiology is quite interesting, but it turns out I don't know anything I need for the exams. I know plenty of stuff about microbiology, but I haven't come across any of it in this practise paper I've been given.
I've found that most of the sciences are pretty boring until the 3rd/4th modules. I expect that's due to the first two being part of Core, meaning they need to be fairly simple for the simple peoples :ahee:

Microbiology is quite interesting, but it turns out I don't know anything I need for the exams. I know plenty of stuff about microbiology, but I haven't come across any of it in this practise paper I've been given.

i find all of science interesting which is why im able to learn quite easy except specific areas in biology ( the actual plant stuff ) but i love the human biology sections :biggrin: and i do HUman health and physiology GCSE so they mix even though HH + P is more in depth but it all helps to remember stuff :-)

reminds i suppose i better get revising :frown: been procrastinating for days now :L but i finally brought my books home :rolleyes: ill let you know how it goes

checklist for tonight:-
Go over cloning(plant and asexual) for B1 (done)
go over the dreaded menstrual cycle for B1
go over limestone for C1
A* topics in maths (done)
(edited 11 years ago)
Have my FIRST r.s exam on tuesday, Religion an society :biggrin: im kinda excited did 4 ours of revision after school today and my weekend will be dedicated to it.
Anyone have the paper and mark scheme for OCR gateway Biology B1,B2,B3, on January 2012 please??
biology retake on tuesday (b1 edexcel) >.<
if you prepare an answer and tell me the poem and question i will gladly mark it and see if i can help you improve :-) and if i can also help you develop ideas and key conotations :smile:

I don't know what the questions are though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2757

I did the OCR GATEWAY Biology (b1 b2 b3) in January and really it wasnt too hard as long as you knew the content. The grade boundaries were quite low to around about 65% for an A* i think which makes sense as compared to the old spec it is harder.:smile:
Reply 2758
First exam Monday -_- fun fact: Im doing this subject a year early and the A level next year :wink:
sadly done no revision today :frown: but been playing basketball from 10 while 7 ( an hour break for dinner :L ) ..which means more revision to be done tomorrow :frown:

Latest