The Student Room Group

'Sonic Weapon' to be deployed at the Olympics

Scroll to see replies

Needs more lasers.
Original post by Dukeofwembley
yeh lol me and my freinds are gonna try and steal the surface to air missile turrets

I hope your friends are special forces trained because otherwise I fear the odds of survival are quite slim.
Original post by zara55

Also note that the Olympics is now said to have cost £12bn, or £200 for every person in Britain. Odd priorities.

The revenue generated by the Olympics through both short and long term will probably be more than £12 billion.
Reply 43
Original post by mackemforever
Nobody has ever said anything of the sort, however it can't be denied that the Olympics would be a major target for just about every terrorist organisation worldwide and as such should be defended accordingly.

nobody has ever said what?
Reply 44
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
The revenue generated by the Olympics through both short and long term will probably be more than £12 billion.

Isn't it true that people always say this kind of thing in each country but that it never turns out to be correct? Greece for example has been rendered bankrupt at least partly because of their Olympics. Doesn't most of the revenue actually go to private TV companies and ad agencies and the like? It doesn't benefit amateur athletics and is hardly worth watching anyway because all the designer drugs render it completely unfair and worthlessly corrupt. It long ago abandoned the Olympic spirit.

What with that and the disgustingly corrupt Olympic officials (who apparently require a vast fleet of limos - have they ever heard of the environment??), I think we would all be better off without it. Significantly better off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending