The Student Room Group

Extremists target EDL

You know the stuff on the major news outlets about how a car was pulled over and weapons and explosives were found ... and that's it,

well

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/331453/EDL-rallies-target-of-a-Muslim-terror-plot-
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bomb-in-car-boot-on-m1-police-1135645

No doubt the UAF/SWP will find some apologist excuse,

http://www.facebook.com/#!/muslimdefenceleague

This pretty much confirms what I've thought all along, that the far-left join hands with far-right Islamofascists.

We could have potentially have tens, maybe hundreds of dead civilians on our hands here..
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by prog2djent
You know the stuff on the major news outlets about how a car was pulled over and weapons and explosives were found ... and that's it,

well

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/331453/EDL-rallies-target-of-a-Muslim-terror-plot-

This pretty much confirms what I've thought all along, that the far-left join hands with far-right Islamofascists.

We could have potentially have tens, maybe hundreds of dead civilians on our hands here.

This is another anti Islam smear.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01kv2z4/Sunday_Morning_Live_Series_3_Episode_5/

See the first argument here.

The mirror and express? Why am I not surprised.....
Reply 2
Original post by blueray
This is another anti Islam smear.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01kv2z4/Sunday_Morning_Live_Series_3_Episode_5/

See the first argument here.

The mirror and express? Why am I not surprised.....

The guests were only as biased as the papers I presented,

let me guess, you denied that this was the aim, or, indeed, any weapons/bombs were found.

Not even the fascists on the MDF FB page or their website deny so.

Again, Ive always argued that far-left islamofascist apologists and appeasers are the vice to which fascism will come to the UK.

Blueray.
Reply 3

well

We could have potentially have tens, maybe hundreds of dead civilians on our hands here.

Read.
Reply 4
well if theyre going to blow up anyway id rather it be the EDL than me...

let me guess, you denied that this was the aim, or, indeed, any weapons/bombs were found.

Again, Ive always argued that far-left islamofascist apologists and appeasers are the vice to which fascism will come to the UK.

Blueray.

Bad people all over the world, get over it.
Reply 6
Original post by blueray
Bad people all over the world, get over it.

Ah, the apathetic position.

What would have happened, well, accross the whole of the UK since 2001 (where ever year there is atleast 1 highly likely or imminent attack uncovered), and particularly over the last 3 weeks, were 3 imminent terrorist attack have been undone (Oldham/Manchester, London, now this) ... and what would have happened if the police had taken an apathetic stance hmmm?

Like I said, the far-left are a vice, a mechanism ... for fascism, real fascism. The EDL are just braindead nationalists compared with Salafist Muslims.

Yet antifa groups concentrate their propoganda and buzzwording towards the former.

I smell agenda.
Reply 7
Original post by cl_steele
well if theyre going to blow up anyway id rather it be the EDL than me...

So you would rather tens or hundreds of civilians (I use the term lightly, the EDL aren't really civil at all hahahahahaha) die rather than just 1?
Reply 8
So you would rather tens or hundreds of civilians (I use the term lightly, the EDL aren't really civil at all hahahahahaha) die rather than just 1?

Did you actually read the article or just the headline?
Reply 9

Its the EDL they're hardly the most pleasant of people and lets be honest if it was a choice between those parasites and a train load of commuters who would you rather?
Reply 10
Original post by ANARCHY__
Did you actually read the article or just the headline?

I've read multiple, I've included those as I feel TSR will perceive them as the most Credible (well, express>mirror, anyway), otherwise, I would only be providing multiple sources from Counter-Jihad sites and bloggers, and indeed, the EDL AND MDF website where I found the story.

Blueray.

Islamofacist? Lol, for someone who is of the mind that Islamophobia isn't real, thats alittle rich.
Reply 12
Its the EDL they're hardly the most pleasant of people and lets be honest if it was a choice between those parasites and a train load of commuters who would you rather?

I would have to have a profile of who the commuters were.

Then I get to decide who has to die, sigh, see what islamo-fascism does to you?

Despite the fact they wouldn't make the distinction.
Reply 13
Original post by NuckingFut
Islamofacist? Lol, for someone who is of the mind that Islamophobia isn't real, thats alittle rich.

Islamohpobia is very real, from the BBC story someone presented, a Muslim Student wearing the Hijab was attacked for wearing the Hijab, and being muslim.

That is Islamophobia, an irrantional hatred of somoneone because of WHO they are.

I've argued that the term is severely overused by people who want to silence criticism of their religion (rational, whereas Islamophobia suggests Irrantionalist, as a phobia is irrantional) or the actions of people who believe they are following their religion correctly, and acting on those assertions, remember, those who want Sharia Law, therefore the ability to oppress women, gays, non-muslims, criticis, apostates etc etc, think they are acting in the sincerest fashion, and being good muslims. As my antifa buddy describes, its is a mix of guilt, paranoia, conspiracy and text teaching, and then there are the far-leftists who overuse it, as they, as Martin J Willet says, want to feel morally superior and are only out for self-gratification.

If I was an EDL nut by now I would have said some crazy BS about the BS "Cultural Marxism" theory.

Please, stop Assuming.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
I would have to have a profile of who the commuters were.

Then I get to decide who has to die, sigh, see what islamo-fascism does to you?

Despite the fact they wouldn't make the distinction.

God you sound like nicknick with your odd little turns of phrase...
'Islamo-fascism' does nothing to me, apparently it gets you very riled though.
Ta for the neg rep by the way :wink:
I've read multiple, I've included those as I feel TSR will perceive them as the most Credible (well, express>mirror, anyway), otherwise, I would only be providing multiple sources from Counter-Jihad sites and bloggers, and indeed, the EDL AND MDF website where I found the story.

Well, I suppose that quite says it all. I'm not surprised that extremist Muslims kept anti-EDL propaganda; the EDL deplores multiple facets and aspects of Islam. It's like being shocked that the Communist Party stores vats of anti-Fascist propaganda. This isn't proof these people were planning to bomb any EDL rally of any kind; that's pure rhetoric, conjecture and scaremongering on the part of the newspapers.

What is slightly alarming is the plot itself. However, I'd like to see the frequency of these in all reality. I'm sure there must be more than enough to warrant an entire unit being set up within all police forces across the country. This seems like a bit of a non-story conjured up by a newspaper desperate for a story to fill up its columns.

EDIT: +1 for your reply.
Reply 16
God you sound like nicknick with your odd little turns of phrase...
'Islamo-fascism' does nothing to me, apparently it gets you very riled though.
Ta for the neg rep by the way :wink:

Please, don't compare me, a centre-left libertarian to Nicknick, a BNP nationalist.

Shame Islamo-fascism doesn't do anything for you, despite the fact it is very real and a bigger threat to liberalism and secularism than the regular Christian fascists we see around europe, who aren't really fascists anymore, certainly the Christian Party UK, and the BNP under the old leader, but the Freedom parties, nah.

A fundamental mistake of the far left is forgetting that a central idea of fascism is economic corporatism, which the BNP heavily oppose, in fact, the BNP are economically to the left of labour!

Like I said, the Christian party is the only remaining fascist party.

Maybe some members of Respect as well.
Reply 17

EDIT: +1 for your reply.

I actually found the story on the MDF site AND Islamic Awakening.

Though they aren't making claims, since they probably know the police watch them (the mod and page owner of MDF FB was arrested a bit ago), they do accept that the EDL should be targetted, especially since many ex or would be soldiers are involved.
I actually found the story on the MDF site AND Islamic Awakening.

Though they aren't making claims, since they probably know the police watch them (the mod and page owner of MDF FB was arrested a bit ago), they do accept that the EDL should be targetted, especially since many ex or would be soldiers are involved.

Sure. I'm not denying that they would do that. What I'm saying is they've probably got a fair few targets and I don't see why a special case is being made here except to sell newspapers from a populist point of view.
Reply 19
Sure. I'm not denying that they would do that. What I'm saying is they've probably got a fair few targets and I don't see why a special case is being made here except to sell newspapers from a populist point of view.

Suppose so.

What were they supposed to do though, ignore it?

Edit: You should seriously check out Islamic Awakening, over there, you will actually find Muslims who will talk openly about their support for the Taliban, Al-Qaeda, extreme anti-semitism, how they fully agree with the death penalty for apostacy, being gay, consverstion, blasphemy etc, instead of those on here that sugar-coat their views.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending