The Student Room Group

Any mountain bikers in Derby?

Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone who enjoys mountain biking and lives in Derby area?

If so then, where do you ride? Robin wood?
Pit close?
What bike have you got?
What sort of biking are you doing? Dh? Fr? Xc?

Thx :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump?
Reply 2
Bump

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
Reply 3
Bumpy bump
Reply 4
Hey dude

Im coming to Derby in September :smile: And I can't wait to ride the trails there.
never thought I would find someone hahah. You got facebook? Definitely shred some trails with you when I get there.
Ive done abit of research around Derby and seen the Peak District is very close, you should also check out Ambergate!

I have a Cube LTD, cross country bike, but I do everything on it, downhill and freeride. Want to save up for a downhill bike! What about you?

I currently live in Plymouth at the moment. Are you starting uni in September?
Reply 5
Original post by Chris1068
Hey dude

Im coming to Derby in September :smile: And I can't wait to ride the trails there.
never thought I would find someone hahah. You got facebook? Definitely shred some trails with you when I get there.
Ive done abit of research around Derby and seen the Peak District is very close, you should also check out Ambergate!

I have a Cube LTD, cross country bike, but I do everything on it, downhill and freeride. Want to save up for a downhill bike! What about you?

Hi mate! That's awesome that you're coming to Derby in September ! Hmmm I've never been to either peak district or ambergate, but they look great! I only ride very local trails (the ones that don't require a car to get to LOL)

I have an upgraded carrera fury uploadfromtaptalk1336303755256.jpg

But I do all sorts of things on it LOL, but yeah like you I'm more into freeride and downhill so may sell my fury to fund me a fr/dh bike.

In terms of uni stuff, I'm in year 13 currently doing my A2s but next year I'll be on gap year as I didn't get a place at uni this year, how about you? Are you coming to Derby Uni?

Sorry about my late reply :frown:
Reply 6
Hey dude

And yeah that's me on my fury :tongue:uploadfromtaptalk1336304446425.jpg
Reply 7
Original post by jedi-master
Hi mate! That's awesome that you're coming to Derby in September ! Hmmm I've never been to either peak district or ambergate, but they look great! I only ride very local trails (the ones that don't require a car to get to LOL)

I have an upgraded carrera fury uploadfromtaptalk1336303755256.jpg

But I do all sorts of things on it LOL, but yeah like you I'm more into freeride and downhill so may sell my fury to fund me a fr/dh bike.

In terms of uni stuff, I'm in year 13 currently doing my A2s but next year I'll be on gap year as I didn't get a place at uni this year, how about you? Are you coming to Derby Uni?

Sorry about my late reply :frown:

Nice dude! Pretty similar to mine, however I do not have any pictures of me on mine hahaha.

Ah coool :smile: Yeah I'm starting Derby uni in September :smile: Networks and Security course. What are you wanting to study?

Yeah, I thought about selling my bike to fund a downhill bike but then thought what would I use for general commuting and long distance rides. Hopefully I can get a job there and make saving go faster :P

Ambergate is only a £9 return on the train from Derby, pretty good tbh :smile: What local trails are there around Derby?
Reply 8
If you want to add me on facebook, search Chris Brain and my picture is me standing with my girlfriend in a blue Animal hoodie :smile:
Reply 9
2012-05-06 15.14.41.jpg

Just grabbed my bike to take a picture and I discovered a flat -_- Must of got it from 20mile ride Friday!
Reply 10
If you want to add me on facebook, search Chris Brain and my picture is me standing with my girlfriend in a blue Animal hoodie :smile:

Mate I can't find you! LOL
Reply 11
2012-05-06 15.14.41.jpg

Just grabbed my bike to take a picture and I discovered a flat -_- Must of got it from 20mile ride Friday!

Your bike looks sweet!
Reply 12
Nice dude! Pretty similar to mine, however I do not have any pictures of me on mine hahaha.

Ah coool :smile: Yeah I'm starting Derby uni in September :smile: Networks and Security course. What are you wanting to study?

Yeah, I thought about selling my bike to fund a downhill bike but then thought what would I use for general commuting and long distance rides. Hopefully I can get a job there and make saving go faster :P

Ambergate is only a £9 return on the train from Derby, pretty good tbh :smile: What local trails are there around Derby?

I want to do dentistry :smile: but I got rejected from all my choices so I'm on a gap year :frown:

There's a good couple of trails in robin wood near Derby and Melbourne but that's the only one I know really LOL

Ambergate looks great, I will probably check it out after my exams :smile: do you think you could pm your the link of your fb profile?
Reply 13
I want to do dentistry :smile: but I got rejected from all my choices so I'm on a gap year :frown:

There's a good couple of trails in robin wood near Derby and Melbourne but that's the only one I know really LOL

Ambergate looks great, I will probably check it out after my exams :smile: do you think you could pm your the link of your fb profile?

Ahh that sucks dude.

Cooool!

Yeah sure, done :smile:
Hey guys recently brought a mountain bike to go to work on and thought it would be cool to get into downhill and i live in ilkeston a borough of derbyshire about 20mins from derby city centre.
Reply 15
Original post by Candleman101
Hey guys recently brought a mountain bike to go to work on and thought it would be cool to get into downhill and i live in ilkeston a borough of derbyshire about 20mins from derby city centre.

Oh hi! What bike did you get? Have you been to robin wood? :smile:
I got a Apollo paradox only £200 but didn't want to spend too much on a bike if i didn't like the sport and also use it to get to work on and nope i haven't had a chance to go out on it yet and i live in Kirk Hallam and don't have a car so quite hard to travel atm
Reply 17
I live in Bham when im at home, not too far, go to cannock chase a lot
Reply 18
Original post by stayce88
I live in Bham when im at home, not too far, go to cannock chase a lot

Sweet! I've never been to cannock but planning to go sometime this holiday and go on the monkey trail :smile:

What bike do you ride?
Reply 19
Sweet! I've never been to cannock but planning to go sometime this holiday and go on the monkey trail :smile:

What bike do you ride?

specialized myka fsr comp 2012

Quick Reply

Latest