The Student Room Group

FAO TSR Members From Leeds - Urgent Appeal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-19062560

West Yorkshire Police appeal over girl's 999 call

Police in West Yorkshire are appealing for help in tracing a girl who called the ambulance service to say her mother had fallen and was not moving.

The girl, who made the 999 call at 10:53 BST on Monday, told the operator she was three years old and that her mother was called Stacey Hall.

She said her house number was 23 and her address contained the word "Mount".

Unlikely that anyone will know, but seeing as this is a very big forum you never know. It's a bloody heartbreaking story already though, so if anyone knows anything or knows anyone who might, get in touch with the right people or pass it on to those who may know etc.
I hope they sort it out :frown: but when the call lasted 33 minutes, how is it possible they've not traced the line? I know they can do that when someone's being attacked and suddenly hangs up for example. Wonder why they haven't employed that here...
Poor girl. :frown: Good on her though for calling 999 and doing her best. I hope her mum's not in too much bother and that they are both OK in the end.

Note to self: Remember to leave address written down should I ever have a child.
Reply 3
Mount Pleasent, Batley?
Reply 4
The recording of the 999 call incase anyone recognises her voice. Hope she can be traced asap, bless she is a clear talker for a 3 year old.

The BBC article how now been edited to say her address contains the word "court" not mount.

Original post by Lil Piranha
I hope they sort it out :frown: but when the call lasted 33 minutes, how is it possible they've not traced the line? I know they can do that when someone's being attacked and suddenly hangs up for example. Wonder why they haven't employed that here...

I think it's to do with being a mobile, it's harder to trace, but not impossible so fingers crossed :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Worth pointing out that the West Yorks Police have corrected their statement - It was 'Court', not Mount.

So if anyone in the area knows of a road with 'Court' in it, it may be worth mentioning it to the police via the free number!
I'm afraid I can't help but I really hope they find them :frown:
http://news.sky.com/story/967204/999-call-that-sparked-hunt-in-leeds-was-hoax

Fake. Idiot 10 year olds who should at the very least get a clip round the ear.
Reply 8
To be honest I'm very suprised that in this circumstance they wouldn't have either tracked the landline or if it was a mobile had the ability to contact the service provider and considering the circumstances get an address.

Yeah I know it turned out to be a hoax however when they can't seem to track a call it does make you question how much you can rely on them.
Reply 9
Disgusting that it was a hoax, but i'm genuinely happy that this sort of story isn't true. It really made my heart sink when I first heard of it.
Original post by Schmucks
Disgusting that it was a hoax, but i'm genuinely happy that this sort of story isn't true. It really made my heart sink when I first heard of it.

ditto.
Reply 11
Wow at this being a hoax. This explains why the girl was well spoken, but what were two 10 year olds even thinking to do that?
They had a story planned out...it's gonna be interesting to see what will happen to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending