The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Mmmmm. If I'm not mistaken, the introduction is just the general information of the business; when it was established, it's nature, location, blablabla. And then you also add in the stuff relevant to your question, so that you can nicely introduce the general idea of what you're going to do.
Reply 2
we are just starting our IA now, and our teacher is 1st asking for a timeline for our IA...(i take business HL).. the thing is i dont know what he means but writing a timeline for my IA! i dont know what is supposed to be included in the timeline!
so does any1 have an example of a timeline for their IA's??? if u do plz share and help me! so then i can finish mine and get started on the actual report!
here is my research proposal, and my intro, just a draft though and had got a 20 /25 on this ....if you could wait for a week, I would upload the original!

Edit: I had taken HL but you can always get an idea
Reply 4
What is the difference between a business IA and a business EE?
I mean the format etc., not the word limit :P
XMX
What is the difference between a business IA and a business EE?
I mean the format etc., not the word limit :P

Format is almost the same but you have to analyze better in EE and the concepts are more distributed. for eg., My intro was in two different sections in EE whereas, in internals it was one.....hope I didnt confuse:s-smilie:
Reply 6
hardeep.arora
Format is almost the same but you have to analyze better in EE and the concepts are more distributed. for eg., My intro was in two different sections in EE whereas, in internals it was one.....hope I didnt confuse:s-smilie:

So in the EE you have to talk about about a problem within the company and then give suggestions at the end?
XMX
So in the EE you have to talk about about a problem within the company and then give suggestions at the end?

yeah.....thats what I did with my internals too!:s-smilie:
Dont worry, your EE is the same as your internal...its just uselessly elaborated :p:
Reply 8
does any1 have the marking schemes and criterias for the IA for HL?????
plz.. I'm searching for interesting IA Questions..

Does any1 have any suggestions???????????
Reply 10
Miss Genetics
plz.. I'm searching for interesting IA Questions..

Does any1 have any suggestions???????????

Just put the topics that you can use in front of you!

For example marketing mix.........

1) What does company X's choice of marketing mix depend on?

For example communication........

2) How can company X improve its communication structure?

3) Is the communication structure adopted by company X effective?

...... and so on!

GOOD LUCK
Reply 11
hi, i am in my first year of IB in a school thats pretty new to it.
things are going great but for this internal assessment in business and managment SL
i'm really into the finance of business and economics etc and would like to incorporate it into it.
any ideas would be helpful, just general ones.
thanks for reading.:redface:
you have to find a business thatwill let you do reserach on them, although financial information is useful its also hard to get because not manybusinesses will be willing to give it to you, i like most people did marketing because its easy and you need very little input from the partner business to get started.
Reply 13
ok thanks a lot :smile:
i'll bare that in mind
Reply 14
hey guys, is it a must to identify a problem of a firm? Can I analyze why a firm is so successful?
Reply 15
is it ok if i do my business internal assessment on my school?
Reply 16
I have a classmate who is doing it on his school and its very good. He analyzed when the school is going to break even and he concluded that it will not break even in 10 years because of the large value of fixed costs.
My internal assessment is in 19 days! I DONT HAVE A TOPIC YET! PLEASE! Anybody! Help!

Any help is GREATLLY appreciated
Reply 17
You could look at something to do with any of the businesses that are failing because of the economic downturn. Maybe something along the lines of how they will alter their marketing strategy or Human resources.
Reply 18
Oh thanks a BILLION! I absolutely hate business but it wasn't my choice to take it. Thank you sooo much!
By the way, do you know the business tools I can use for this analysis?
What are my options?... SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces, PEST analysis, Decision trees... are those all of the business analysis tools?!?

Latest

Trending

Trending