The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology exams (6BIO4) 25th January 2012 exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hanz_a93
Thanks so much! +rep for you! :smile:
Thanks! :biggrin:
So , how's the revision for Unit 4? Has anyone finished their revision?
Original post by leogirl1992
So , how's the revision for Unit 4? Has anyone finished their revision?

how would you have finished your revision. We've not finished the spec yet!!
Original post by .snowflake.

My school has and we have our mock for it on Monday :redface:
Reply 44

lol same! we have just finished topic 6 and just started topic 5...damn soo behind :frown:
Reply 45
Howz revision going yall?
I was just going through the thread on Unit 4 in June 2011 and most of them were angry/ upset because the exam was so hard.

I looked at the paper and indeed, it was hard!
Also some people said that Jan 11 was way harder than June 11.
Reply 47
Original post by This Honest
I was just going through the thread on Unit 4 in June 2011 and most of them were angry/ upset because the exam was so hard.

Yup most questions were totally random lyk that photosynthesis question! some ex yr13s told me how they all went crazy after the exam lol some even had a nervous breakdown, although ironically they all did really good, got a*'s in that exam. damn i hope our papers more like the june 2010, simple straightforward lol. but i doubt it will be...

N yup ive been through the all the past papers so far n jan 11 looks the hardest and june2010 the easiest.. but even that looks trippy lol
Yup most questions were totally random lyk that photosynthesis question! some ex yr13s told me how they all went crazy after the exam lol some even had a nervous breakdown, although ironically they all did really good, got a*'s in that exam. damn i hope our papers more like the june 2010, simple straightforward lol. but i doubt it will be...

N yup ive been through the all the past papers so far n jan 11 looks the hardest and june2010 the easiest.. but even that looks trippy lol

Definitely agree with you. June 2010 was my mock exam today and it was relatively easy. However, I just don't want a paper like jan or June 11 to come up for the real thing- I was just looking through the 11' papers and thinking WTF?! Especially the corn Q in jan 11
Reply 49
Hey, how did you do for unit 4 and 5? Any tips for the pre-release article for unit5? Last years 1 was around 9 pages right! :O

Hey, at first i did dreadfully in unit 4, but then i got my head down and got a B in the resit! Unit 5 i got 105 so an A :smile: and tips for the article:
Make a list of the keywords in each section and make sure you know what they all mean and where they appear in the article.
Try to make links to AS biology in the article as it is a synoptic paper. eg transcripton and translation.
hmm... you dont need to know if off by heart, as you will get a fresh copy in the exam!
C xxxx
Reply 50

Unit 4 in January 2011 was really difficult, i think it was the way they worded the questions. June 2011 was still difficult but the questions were kind of more straight forward... hopefully for you guys youll get a nicer paper :P good luck!
c xxx
Reply 51
dreading this exam completely, really cannot get the hang of answering the questions in the detail required, nearly finished both topics now, gonna get the revision guide next week hopefully!! Feel like i haven't really learnt much either :frown:
Reply 52
We've almost finished both topics at school now - am slightly worried about succession coming up - teacher claims we learnt it at the end of year 12 (just before Summer) but I don't remember a thing.

May use my day off tomorrow (because of the striking) to revise everything from the plant/photosynthesis topics.
Reply 53
Original post by claire4095
Hey, at first i did dreadfully in unit 4, but then i got my head down and got a B in the resit! Unit 5 i got 105 so an A :smile: and tips for the article:
Make a list of the keywords in each section and make sure you know what they all mean and where they appear in the article.
Try to make links to AS biology in the article as it is a synoptic paper. eg transcripton and translation.
hmm... you dont need to know if off by heart, as you will get a fresh copy in the exam!
C xxxx

Thanks for all that! :smile: and gratz on ur marks there really good! , hopefully ill get them too! x

Oh sorry I forgot to tell you that I am retaking. My teacher was really fast, I have had my mocks for unit 5 already :smile:
Reply 55
i have a mock on the 13th of december or something so i need to get revising as much as possible, but i'd rather take my time and go over a small amount at one time but do it in a lot of detail, i don't care about mocks, just as long as i'm well prepared for the proper exam! Got so much going on right now, feeling like i can't cope with the demands of A2 work :frown:
Any links to the June paper?
Reply 57

hiya, pleas please please could you upload the June 2011 paper? it's the only past paper I haven't done, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by jennaeiou
hiya, pleas please please could you upload the June 2011 paper? it's the only past paper I haven't done, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance :smile:

Hey, the june 11 exam paper was our homework in exam conditions :lol: so I don't have it with me even though miss said she would give it back :angry:
Reply 59
Anyone got any ideas on topics that are very likely to come up? Maybe if they haven't come up for many years?

Quick Reply