The Student Room Group

Lie about living away from home?

If I lie about living away from home or "rent" a room from my parents to get extra money how much **** will I be in if I get caught? Would they care that much? At the end of the day I'm paying it back...
Reply 1
anyone?
you will only get a little bit extra i.e 1k just apply for the maintenance loan and say your living at home?!
Reply 3
Original post by acerrr
If I lie about living away from home or "rent" a room from my parents to get extra money how much **** will I be in if I get caught? Would they care that much? At the end of the day I'm paying it back...

If you're caught, you could have your whole funding withdrawn, with no future support, and could face criminal fraud charges. It's up to you if you want to risk that "if".
Original post by acerrr

Lots of trouble. Not worth it. I know you get a bigger loan, but you don't need it and if you do then you should be able to claim grants and benefits anyways.
Reply 5
I'm sure you don't get extra money if you rent a room from your parents; as you're (assuming it's not another house) still living at home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending