The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by bong
Boundaries must be high for this one

according to me it was a good paper :smile: , but still don't want boundaries to be high :frown:
Reply 41
I got 2.12 :smile:
Reply 42
Yess i got all correct!!!!!!!!
Reply 43
hated the proof bit ¬¬ i think i only scored one mark for that part. other than that question, it was a really goooooooooooooooooooooooood paper (Y)
Hoping for 77 UMS so I don't have to retake any other units. No horrible questions from my end. Looking at around 85%+ but God knows what % that will end up as because to be honest I figured that the grade boundaries would be insanely high as soon as I saw the last question...
Original post by Phoebe307
what did people get for the area under the curve or whatever it was?

57 1/6 or something like that
Reply 46
I also got 85mm, 364/6 and 15 for the geometric.

I got 1.2 or something for trapezium maybe it was 1.8)
Reply 47
Original post by MathMad
did anyone get the first term on the geometric series equalling to 15, the common ratio being 0.6, and the sum to infinity being 37.5? i got something like that.

yaay i got that =)
Reply 48
Hadn't learnt the proof. :frown:

Rest was easy.

Checked the paper, everything but the proof. So at least 71, I hope.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 49
Looking at the unofficial mark scheme, I got every answer right, so will be 100ums, unless I drop stupid marks in the working out.
Reply 50
for the trig question say you got the values 39.2,90,140.8 and missed 0 and 180 how many marks would you get?
100% woooooo :d
Reply 52
Just looked through the paper. Full marks!!!!
Grade boundries are going to be so HIGH. Just hope ive not made any stupid mistakes -_-
Reply 55
Original post by Arsey
x

thanks for putting up the answers. For the trig question, I made a silly mistake and got cos2x=-1/5 rather than +1/5. I continued to work out the values using the -1/5 though, at an estimation how many marks do you think i'd lose?
Reply 56
Original post by 0range
looooool omg i did that @ the start!!!!
Somehow got 120 / 4(pi) = 30(pi)

kajenkjnaekfjkaenf thats what i got :frown:
Reply 57
Original post by Arsey
C2 May 2012

Overall I think this was a very easy paper.

Q1 Binomial Expansion

Standard and no tricky b)

Q2 Logs

Standard, very easy

Q3 Circles

I expected a rearranging into circle form, the rest of the question was very easy, part d) was a joke

Q4 Factor Theorem

Very easy

Q5 Area under a graph by integration

Slightly harder than normal as trapeZia often cause problems

Q6 Trig

I thought this was pretty easy but I understand it has caused quite a few problems

Q7 Trapezium rule

Joke

Q8 Trig

Pretty standard, lots of frameworking.

Q9 Geometric series

I hope you learnt the proof.... rest of the question was straight forward.

I think the boundaries will be really high

Last few June boundaries were 62, 62, 53, 63, 59, 67 for 80ums

I will guess at

100ums - 75
90ums - 70
80ums - 65
70ums - 57
60ums - 50
50ums - 43
40ums - 36

This thread will be locked at somepoint and then unlocked at midnight following the Core 2 examination. I will upload the paper and my solutions to this post.

I will do my best to answer questions about the paper but please try to read the thread first so that I am not answering the same questions lots of times.Here are some links to previous D1 threads, they are worth a read and you will see what the common errors were...

C2 Jan 2012 - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1892666

C2 June 2011 - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1619114

The second link has loads of past papers, mark schemes, model solutions etc

Good luck.

Hi Arsey, cheers for posting a solution.

For 8)c) would it be alright leaving x as the exact answer (ie the cube root of 30 over pi)?
Reply 58
For question 9, I forgot the ar^n at the end for the first step, but did everything else correct so how many marks would I lose?
Reply 59
I calculated the perimeter of triangle instead of the sector! Haven't read the question properly... :frown: How many marks would I lost?

Latest

Trending

Trending