The Student Room Group

Girls: How much do you pay for a wash, cut & blowdry?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I will pay more for good treatment. I love proper scalp massages with my feet up for example. Also I really like being fussed over gently, I can't bear salons where they bash you about.
I pay £28 with student discount of 10%. I think it depends on how experienced your hair dresser is and where you go!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
£15 for the model night at Toni and Guy :h:
I get mine done twice a year at Toni & Guy for £35, but have a friend who will trim and colour for me in between. She used to have her own salon so she's good! Only do T&G when I want something quite drastic, as obviously mobile hairdressing has limited equipment.
£10 for mine. Though she is a family friend so she doesn't charge me any more :smile:

Reply 65
Original post by such_a_lady
£15 for the model night at Toni and Guy :h:

Do they do it well?
Original post by SoNottingH
Do they do it well?

9 times out of 10 yes :smile: I mean obviously it's always "not quite right" when a hairdresser does it and I enjoy washing it and styling it again myself and then it looks perfect. Only had one bad experience with a dreadful conceited girl who was too interested in talking to her mates than listening to what I wanted, who messed up my hair (the teaching stylist had to come and correct it :sigh:) and then cut my fringe stupidly short even when i'd already asked her to stop cutting :lolwut: Needless to say I kicked up a fuss via letter and got the Art Director to cut my hair :sexface: I've also had qualified and experienced stylists cut my hair simply because they felt like joining in on the model night (the girl only did colours and missed cutting hair) so that was great :biggrin: Oh, and one time they'd made a mistake because the guy meant to be doing my hair hadn't learnt to cut yet, so the top top top guy (Star Director?) did it for me :biggrin:
£27.
Reply 68
Original post by such_a_lady
9 times out of 10 yes :smile: I mean obviously it's always "not quite right" when a hairdresser does it and I enjoy washing it and styling it again myself and then it looks perfect. Only had one bad experience with a dreadful conceited girl who was too interested in talking to her mates than listening to what I wanted, who messed up my hair (the teaching stylist had to come and correct it :sigh:) and then cut my fringe stupidly short even when i'd already asked her to stop cutting :lolwut: Needless to say I kicked up a fuss via letter and got the Art Director to cut my hair :sexface: I've also had qualified and experienced stylists cut my hair simply because they felt like joining in on the model night (the girl only did colours and missed cutting hair) so that was great :biggrin: Oh, and one time they'd made a mistake because the guy meant to be doing my hair hadn't learnt to cut yet, so the top top top guy (Star Director?) did it for me :biggrin:

Haha, it sounds like you are good at getting your own way and getting things right for you. :smile:
Original post by SoNottingH
Haha, it sounds like you are good at getting your own way and getting things right for you. :smile:

I used to be terrified of speaking my mind in a salon until I did work experience in one in Y11. Since then I tell them EXACTLY what I want and I keep repeating it until I get it. To the girls who never complain, I'm like, "You're paying them!! Not the other way round!"
£10 at my local hairdressers for being a hair model.

I get my hair cut by the senior stylist with about 3 trainees watching and taking notes, so it takes longer, but I still get a great haircut for £10 instead of £50 :tongue:
£35 ish ... paid same at little private salon at home and at supercuts in leeds (apparently its more for me because my hair is long... hhmph! i still only had it trimmed!!! surely short trimmed is same amount of work as long trimmed?! )

but i now get my mum to do the trimming and shape the front myself...
x
£35 I think for the decent one. I went to a cheaper one it was around £17 and I've never been so ashamed to walk for a taxi in my life. I asked for a half up/half down thing and they gave me a snooki bump, never again.

Also sometimes I like to go to the really expensive one before my birthday and stuff, it costs about £70, they do things like spending 30 minutes gently fluffing my hair till it looks slightly tousled lol. Also they have massage chairs, it's quite an experience. The owner of that one likes to do my hair because it's long and he has a thing for long hair, but it always turns out amazing. If I was rich I'd go there every week, definitely.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 73
Seriously, you pay over £100 to have your hair done?? Bloomin heck, I'm in the wrong line of work. Can I interest you in a quick style? I'm very good with clippers and a razor. Yours for £90.
£20, she comes to my house and doesn't try to talk to me constantly. Don't know what I'm going to do when I'm at uni...
Reply 75
About £27 and I go to the Mark Hill salon which I think is pretty cheap considering :biggrin:
Original post by swaggiee
I get mine done for £30, its the cheapest I can find...is that the average price? wbu?

My god that is expensive. (I just mean I don't think it's worth the money). I suppose it is where you go.

Most average salons I find it is like £20.
My hairdresser does it for £15.
My friend can get hers done for between £5 and £10. (Not sure on the price, I think she said it was £5 but i don't know if she had the blow dry)
Reply 77
No worries, if you're lazy I will come to your house and do it for you, shampoo and scalp massage all part of the service. Tip not required.
Reply 78
ps i ended up canceling the appointment as it felt silly to pay £30 for a trim...

Reply 79
To get it done in a fairly decent Salon in Liverpool it averages about £25-£35 for a wash cut and blow dry with just a stylist

To go any higher than a stylist can go up to about £60-£70

And then every technical treatment like dying and such is like £40+

But there are a lot of cheaper salons too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest