The Student Room Group

My ex has been telling people about our sex-life

I broke up with my bf last summer. we stayed friends but it's kind of petered out recently. he randomly met one of my friends from uni at a party last week and got talking to her.

initially he was just bitching about me, saying how badly i treated him, how im really annoying etc. but then he started talking about more private stuff, like how id told him that i loved him and had never loved any guy before. then he told her about our sex-life, saying that he was good at making me orgasm and that we'd sometimes get carried away and not use a condom, etc.

do i have a right to be annoyed at him for saying this? fair enough if he wants to bitch about me, i have no problem with him telling people how horrible i am, or whatever he wants to say. but when he starts divulging private things, i feel like it's going too far. he has no problem with telling people stuff about himself but im a very private person and i just cant believe he'd talk about this kind of thing with someone he'd just met for 10mins..
Reply 1
Meh, he's probably just showing off to look cool to his friends.

Ignore him, what have you got to lose?

Good luck. :smile:
Reply 2
Are you sure you can trust your friend, and they're not stirring? Otherwise just confront him about it and ask him not to do so.
Just leave him, if you show him that you're annoyed at what he's said/done then he'll probably carry on...
Reply 4
Theres only one thing to do... go to a party, talk to one of his friends, and go on about how he has a tiny dick, and always comes early :smile:
Reply 5
Marcus_Q
Theres only one thing to do... go to a party, talk to one of his friends, and go on about how he has a tiny dick, and always comes early :smile:

This, for sure.
Marcus_Q

This.
Reply 7
Marcus_Q

This
Reply 8
Marcus_Q

:yes:
Reply 9
if you're getting off the moral high ground and going down that road, don't forget to add that you faked all those orgasms.

What can men say to that? "Me too"?
TwoTimesTwo
This

Say he was impotent and that's why you split up.
Reply 11
thanks for the responses. he's not really showing off to his friends since he literally had just met her and doesnt even know her. and she's definately not stirring, she's one of my closest friends. this is the exact kind of thing i knew he would do. he's always telling me private things about his friends that they've told him in confidence, it's like he has no concept of privacy and just doesnt realise that you shouldn't tell people these things.
i havent confronted him about it. he's been texting me but iv just been ignoring him..
Reply 12
Ugh i had this similar thing

^^ listen to these people hahaa
You do have a right to be mad, I would feel exactly the same!
He's most probs just doing it to gain some attention off you in some way. Like you said, your not as close as you used to be. He's spoken to one of your friends, which he knows what he said to her, will get back to you no doubt. Then you'll call him or text him because your mad, which is exactly what he wants.
You should make out that your not bothered. He'll then realise he hasn't got an effect on you, which will most probs cause him to shut his mouth!
This is what I would do :yes:

Just talk to your closest friends, and don't let that shallow guy get you down!
Reply 14
Marcus_Q

im so painfully shy though, i could never do it! this is why what he's been telling people is all the worse because he knows how'd i feel. im just so embarassed, this is just one person i know he's been telling, no doubt he's been shooting his mouth off to far more people
there's someone that i was "with about a year ago, that still seems to mention things we did together, and even sometimes talks about my body infront of other people. its disgusting, i hate it. how disrespectful.
its not wrong for you to be annoyed about it. its no ones business. im furious even thinking about my situation
Reply 16
Anonymous
I broke up with my bf last summer. we stayed friends but it's kind of petered out recently. he randomly met one of my friends from uni at a party last week and got talking to her.

initially he was just bitching about me, saying how badly i treated him, how im really annoying etc. but then he started talking about more private stuff, like how id told him that i loved him and had never loved any guy before. then he told her about our sex-life, saying that he was good at making me orgasm and that we'd sometimes get carried away and not use a condom, etc.

do i have a right to be annoyed at him for saying this? fair enough if he wants to bitch about me, i have no problem with him telling people how horrible i am, or whatever he wants to say. but when he starts divulging private things, i feel like it's going too far. he has no problem with telling people stuff about himself but im a very private person and i just cant believe he'd talk about this kind of thing with someone he'd just met for 10mins..

If he talks about you, then talk about him . . . unflatteringly. :wink:
Reply 17
I think you shouldn't try to be the bigger person here. If he is showing off to his friends about what a great sex life he ahd with you then maybe you should tell someone he knows that you faked it? Maybe that would cut him down to size?

I think what he's doing is very disrespectful, and you shouldn't have to put up with it, either take revenge (as above) or have a word with him.
Reply 18
Being the bigger person and having an adult conversation with him may be a better option.

If you're as shy as you say you are then this won't just go away by you stirring it up as well

ask him to stop nicely. and then if he doesn't say w/e you want :smile: the suggestions listed by others would all work

Latest

Trending

Trending