The Student Room Group

HE Maintenance Grant 'Amount requested'

For those who have applied already to student finance for 2011/12:

If you applied for a means-tested maintenance grant, does the website say N/A as the amount requested?

(I'm assuming it will change once it's approved, but it's rather ambiguous to write N/A...)
Reply 1
I think if it says N/A it will change once student finance have all their information about the household income. It should change after they have processed your application.
Reply 2
Original post by snufkin_
I think if it says N/A it will change once student finance have all their information about the household income. It should change after they have processed your application.

That's what I assumed, but was worried N/A meant I chose not to apply to it or something...
Only returning students can apply so far and it makes no mention other than you want to apply for an income assessed loan.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by hypocriticaljap
Only returning students can apply so far and it makes no mention other than you want to apply for an income assessed loan.

Erm what do you mean only income assessed loan? There's also an HE Maintenance Grant.
Reply 5
It is saying my maximum amount of matinence loan requested is £3295 when i know it should be £3495.

Also no mention of maintence grant yet on my account - waiting for evidence from parent.

Will this all update once they have the financial info? Or is it worth ringing them.

Seems more confusing than last year.
Reply 6
Original post by jonjoe
It is saying my maximum amount of matinence loan requested is £3295 when i know it should be £3495.

Also no mention of maintence grant yet on my account - waiting for evidence from parent.

Will this all update once they have the financial info? Or is it worth ringing them.

Seems more confusing than last year.

Bizarrely, mine seems to have been approved without having to send any evidence (they say they've sent me the declaration to sign, but hey I'm not complaining!)

The N/A thing is gone now, and it says I will be paid the £2906 grant. I really don't understand how it has all been approved though :s-smilie:

As for yours, are you sure you requested the maximum maintenance loan? You can adjust the loan amount anytime very easily (I did last year), there's a button near the bottom so just go and change it to maximum.
It isn't bizarre.
Last year 2nd year and 3rd year returners were not asked for any evidence either.
They may choose a random number to check up on though so have the paperwork ready!
Original post by i.am.lost
Erm what do you mean only income assessed loan? There's also an HE Maintenance Grant.

Your entitlement to which is determined by asking for an income assessed loan! They decide what if anything you are entitled to. You don't have any input to the amount at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending