The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by gloriousballs
although there's reason to believe the pigs is a likely selection process for 2012

I believe that under the ARA (Animal Rights Act),you now have a choice of creatures including chicken and tetse fly
Reply 101
Original post by Seb
I'm really confused. The first few pages mention scores for each of your GCSEs. Then it goes on to talk about a UKCAT cut, before going onto talking about greased up pigs.

Can someone create a 'comprehensive guide to scoring the applicants and giving offers' for me?

Also, do they or do they not interview?

they only interview graduate entry and international applicants apparently
Iim applying!! Just sent my UCAS form off.......scary stuff :eek:
Original post by Watermelon:)
Iim applying!! Just sent my UCAS form off.......scary stuff :eek:

Scary stuff indeed! Exciting too though :smile: Sent my application a few days ago :smile: best of luck with your application! :smile:
Reply 104
ukcat 598, is it enough with last years cut off like 570...
Reply 105
Original post by brighteyes1994

Scary stuff indeed! Exciting too though :smile: Sent my application a few days ago :smile: best of luck with your application! :smile:

Have you got an email back from Southampton yet saying they've received your application? I've been waiting a week now :/.
Reply 106
Original post by C-J-J
Have you got an email back from Southampton yet saying they've received your application? I've been waiting a week now :/.

No I've received nothing.I expect they are waiting until after the 15th.
I really like Southampton even though its one of the most difficult unis to get into... in my opinion :P
Original post by areyousure?

Original post by areyousure?
I really like Southampton even though its one of the most difficult unis to get into... in my opinion :P

Indeed. :colonhash:
Nope, I haven't received an email but I did email them regarding another issue and they said they don't start processing applications until the 15th, so I think we're alright :smile:
Reply 110
How's the UKCAT used?.. if the UCKAT score is over the cutoff will they still compare it to other scores or is everyone treated the same afterwards?

Aww thanks, good luck with your application too! It's all getting a bit real now :gasp: Where else are you applying if you dont mind me asking? :smile:
Last year there were 4800 applicants to around 300 spaces. Hopefully this year after seeing last years' competition, applications will see a fair drop. But somehow, I can only imagine it going up :frown:
Aww thanks, good luck with your application too! It's all getting a bit real now :gasp: Where else are you applying if you dont mind me asking? :smile:

Yep, I feel so grown up aha! Sure :smile: my choices are:

Imperial
Southampton
Brighton & Sussex
Bristol

My fifth choice is medicinal chemistry at UCL :smile: where are you applying :smile:?
Really want to apply here for the BM4...don't think I can afford the fees though :-(
Yep, I feel so grown up aha! Sure :smile: my choices are:

Imperial
Southampton
Brighton & Sussex
Bristol

My fifth choice is medicinal chemistry at UCL :smile: where are you applying :smile:?

Southampton, Nottingham, Cardiff, Birmingham
Bath - Pharmacy

I guess its a waiting game now :smile: Btw good luck with the BMAT :biggrin:
Reply 116
Do you think i've got a chance at soton with UKCAT of 610? I'm from Australia and have predicted 5A's for Chem, Bio, Maths, English and Music but i'm not sure if this is good enough or if i'm just wasting a spot by applying here!
Southampton, Nottingham, Cardiff, Birmingham
Bath - Pharmacy

I guess its a waiting game now :smile: Btw good luck with the BMAT :biggrin:

Cool choices :smile: guessing you have lots of GCSE A*s then :smile:?

Yeah I suppose so, won't hear anything for a while most probably. Thanks xD I'm gonna need it! Not looking forward to taking it!
Cool choices :smile: guessing you have lots of GCSE A*s then :smile:?

Yeah I suppose so, won't hear anything for a while most probably. Thanks xD I'm gonna need it! Not looking forward to taking it!

haha....I've got enough for their cut off and really love the course and uni :smile:

ahh, tbh i really didnt want to take any more tests, UKCAT alone was really stressful :colondollar:, but I'm sure you'll be fine! :biggrin:
haha....I've got enough for their cut off and really love the course and uni :smile:

ahh, tbh i really didnt want to take any more tests, UKCAT alone was really stressful :colondollar:, but I'm sure you'll be fine! :biggrin:

That's good - well done :smile: yeah, I can't blame you :P the UKCAT was stressful, but at least the BMAT has some science in it and it has some ethics too, so my A levels are kind of relevant aha :smile:

Quick Reply