The Student Room Group

Ancient History 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by irosebud
Hi, hope you don't mind me asking, but what sort of grades are you hoping to get? My friend is stressing about her application for Swansea for ancient history and is predicted BBC and she's doing an EPQ. Do you think she'll be alright?

Erm I'm predicted ABBB, but they've made me an offer of BBB. I know people that have been given offers above what they've been predicted so who knows. Might get credit for EPQ too, my one friend did applying for normal History at Sheffield.
Reply 21
Original post by JLD93

Original post by JLD93
Nope just the 4. Not even an acknowledgement from Royal Holloway no idea what's going on with them ha.

I just got an interview from Royal Holloway :smile:
they don't acknowledge btw, if that helps
Reply 22
Original post by Tashaa18
I just got an interview from Royal Holloway :smile:
they don't acknowledge btw, if that helps

Yup I've got an interview now too :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by JLD93

Original post by JLD93
Yup I've got an interview now too :smile:

when's yours?
also offer from swansea :smile:
Reply 24
I'm applying to Bristol and Exeter :smile:
Reply 25
when's yours?
also offer from swansea :smile:

nice one :smile: ermm i havent replied yet that reminds me! Think it'll be the 22nd Feb yours?
Reply 26
Original post by JLD93

Original post by JLD93
nice one :smile: ermm i havent replied yet that reminds me! Think it'll be the 22nd Feb yours?

I did the 1st feb, later in feb I've got mocks so wanted to do it before then :smile:
last one is Bham now, which I haven't heard from yet.
Reply 27
I did the 1st feb, later in feb I've got mocks so wanted to do it before then :smile:
last one is Bham now, which I haven't heard from yet.

Oh really? I've got exams in January and going into early Feb and wanted to catch up on reading and stuff for the interview so there was no chance I was doing it that early!
I have an interview for Royal Holloway too :biggrin: I got offers from Birmingham and Warwick!!! So happy!
Reply 29
Thanks for replying - glad I'm not the only one xD

I've applied to Birmingham, Bristol, Durham, Manchester an Nottingham - and have so far got offers from Birmingham, Manchester and Nottingham :biggrin: Hope to see some of you next year :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by SJGamble

Original post by SJGamble
Thanks for replying - glad I'm not the only one xD

I've applied to Birmingham, Bristol, Durham, Manchester an Nottingham - and have so far got offers from Birmingham, Manchester and Nottingham :biggrin: Hope to see some of you next year :smile:

yaayy, yeh I got birmingham too :smile:
that's gonna be my firm now
i sent mine off on the 13th of october and so far have got offers from manchester (ABB), Newcastle (AAB) and Leeds (ABB) but i'm not bothered about leeds, now i'm just waiting for an offer from St Andrews. (FYI. I applied to Newcastle twice, for Ancient history and Ancient History + Classics, because i loved it so much XD)
Reply 32
Original post by eamanexancalime

i sent mine off on the 13th of october and so far have got offers from manchester (ABB), Newcastle (AAB) and Leeds (ABB) but i'm not bothered about leeds, now i'm just waiting for an offer from St Andrews. (FYI. I applied to Newcastle twice, for Ancient history and Ancient History + Classics, because i loved it so much XD)

Leeds don't do Ancient History though, so did you apply for classical civilisation then? or something similar?
Leeds don't do Ancient History though, so did you apply for classical civilisation then? or something similar?

Sorry just to correct myself, I applied for Classical Studies as a second choice for Newcastle, and for Leeds specifically I applied for russian civilization and roman civilization because it just fitted in with my personal statement :smile:
Reply 34

Sorry just to correct myself, I applied for Classical Studies as a second choice for Newcastle, and for Leeds specifically I applied for russian civilization and roman civilization because it just fitted in with my personal statement :smile:

that sounds awesome : )
where's your first choice?
If i get an offer probab;y St andrews, but for the moment Newcastle as first and Manchester as my second :smile:
Do you know what your choices are yet?
Reply 36
ive applied to do ancient history at bristol but havent heard anything back yet. starting to worry a lil bit now but hopefully i'll get in.
Reply 37
good luck to all :biggrin:
i got offers to for Ancient History!! xD
Manchester - ABB
Liverpool - ABB
Birmingham - ABB
Swansea - ABB
Royal Holloway - Interview (don't kno if am gnna go though)
I got an interview from Royal Holloway, offers from Warwick and Birmingham.
Reply 39
Manchester: ABB
Cardiff: ABB
Liverpool: ABB

And am still waiting for Newcastle - my top choice, and Bristol.

Quick Reply