The Student Room Group

US forced to admit Yemen 'Al Qaeda bomber' was actually a CIA operative

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Stefan1991
By definition, terrorist plots are a criminal conspiracy. However if you are going to make such claims you need credible evidence to back up your conspiracy theory.

Taking the word of the CIA on what was their exact involvement in the criminal conspiracy, is rather like taking the word of a murder suspect on their involvement in a murder.

Since the CIA are known for staging terrorist attacks, you are basically immediately accepting on face-value and taking the word of a convicted murderer with a history of crime on whether they have committed a crime. I don't think it would be so eagerly accepted in a court of law.

examples plz.

(don't bother if your example is 9/11)
Reply 21
:facepalm:

What part of "his son was murdered" do you not understand? Or do you not consider someone's son part of one's family...? :lolwut:

"Family" refers to the whole group, you moron.
Reply 22
Original post by Aj12
examples plz.

:lol:.
Reply 23
Original post by Pads
This post is hilarious.

That is all.

Yes, hysterical.

Just like the other conspiracy theorists within this forum.
Reply 24
Another gullible conspiracy theorist. :rolleyes:

Referring to yourself, you mean? :rolleyes:
This Stefan is clearly a left wing self loather **** who thinks the west is wrong in everything they do while the muslims in the middle east are all innocent victims. He is accusing others on here of making up conspiracy theories when he is the one making up conspiracy theories.

Send Stefan1991 into the tribal regions of Afghanistan and Pakistan to be with his beloved Al Qaeda and the Taliban to see if they will accept him and welcome as a brother or if they will hold him hostage for money and cut his head off with a blunt knife?
By definition, terrorist plots are a criminal conspiracy. However if you are going to make such claims you need credible evidence to back up your conspiracy theory.

Taking the word of the CIA on what was their exact involvement in the criminal conspiracy, is rather like taking the word of a murder suspect on their involvement in a murder.

Since the CIA are known for staging terrorist attacks, you are basically immediately accepting on face-value and taking the word of a convicted murderer with a history of crime on whether they have committed a crime. I don't think it would be so eagerly accepted in a court of law.

The CIA form part of the security apparatus of the United States hence they have a mandate and legitimate use of force and are also precluded from being a terrorist organization as a terrorist organization cannot be a state-actor. If a CIA operative has infiltrated and dismantled a terrorist plot by using al-Qaeda tactics (to a point, the limit stops when innocent life, which collatoral damage is taking into account), you cannot label the CIA or insinuate the CIA as being complacent in executed terrorist plots.
Reply 27
Stan Smith strikes again.
Reply 28

Well, I know of various terrorist plots all over the world, in the last few years alone. I know AQ have an agenda within which attacking the US features highly.

Then we take a look at exactly what the CIA have to gain by lieing about something like this, and we consider the evidence and past intelligence operations that have had a similar outcome.

So we come to the logical conclusion that, terrorist cells have been infiltrated in the past, this is what appears to have happened with the evidence on hand, and it is what the CIA have said happened.

Your conspiracy is based on what exactly? Infact, I'm a little unsure of what your narrative is even supposed to be, could you clarify it for me please?
Reply 29
Original post by Algorithm69
The agent was not in charge, the agent did not create the terrorist organisation, the agent did not come up with the plan, the agent did not build the bomb. These things would have happened without him being there. What he did do, is gain a position where he was able to completely destroy the plot. So no, your analogy fails on every level.

Here is some more information from news sites.

"Before the bomber could choose his target or buy his ticket, however, the CIA swooped in and seized the bomb."
http://www.dailyregister.com/topstories/x1809309407/Security-unchanged-over-undetectable-plane-bomb

"Officials said the leaders of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) instructed a suicide bomber based in Yemen to board any flight and time of his choice, with an explosive device under his clothes, the Associated Press reported. However, the would-be bomber had been stopped before reaching an airport. It was the CIA who intervened to seize the bomb"
http://www.theupcoming.co.uk/2012/05/08/cia-thwarts-al-qaeda-underwear-bomb-plan/

"The device was given to the CIA by a government outside Yemen, officials said."
http://www.latimes.com/topic/politics/espionage-intelligence/central-intelligence-agency-ORGOV000009.topic

"Members of the Obama administration spent virtually all of yesterday parading throughout major media outlets claiming their intrepid counterterrorism efforts successfully foiled a terrorist plot to blow up an American airliner. But now officials have anonymously confirmed that the plot, like so many other “successfully foiled” terror attacks, was hatched by the CIA from the start."
http://news.antiwar.com/2012/05/08/supposed-would-be-underwear-bomber-is-cia-informant/

"former director of the National Counterterrorism Center Michael Leiter said, all this lauded incident shows is that the CIA can get weapons from shadowy sources and blow up planes, if it wanted to."
http://news.antiwar.com/2012/05/08/supposed-would-be-underwear-bomber-is-cia-informant/

""The person who actually had the bomb is no longer a threat," King said."
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/05/08/uk-usa-security-plot-idUKBRE8470PK20120508

"Rep. King suggests administration may have misled public on bomb plot, calls for review"
"The chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee suggested Tuesday that the Obama administration may have misled the public"
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/08/rep-king-suggests-administration-misled-public-on-bomb-plot-calls-for-review/#ixzz1uNz6SF59

"The unexploded bomb represents an intelligence prize, the result of a covert CIA operation in Yemen that thwarted a suicide mission around the anniversary of the killing of Osama bin Laden, officials said"
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/08/cia-derails-plot-to-plant-al-qaida-underwear-bomb/#ixzz1uGzSFdzV

"The operation was carried out over the past few weeks, officials said"
"The White House did not explain those statements."
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/318733/CIA-thwarts-US-plane-bomb-plot

""We have no credible information that terrorist organizations, including Al Qaeda, are plotting attacks in the U.S. to coincide with the anniversary of bin Laden's death," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said on April 26."
http://www.cnn.co.uk/2012/04/30/us/bin-laden-anniversary-threats/index.html

"Washington (CNN) -- Authorities have "no indication of any specific, credible threats or plots" against the United States as a result of the one-year anniversary of the death of Osama bin Laden, a Department of Homeland Security spokesman said Monday."
http://www.cnn.co.uk/2012/04/30/us/bin-laden-anniversary-threats/index.html

"The FBI is analyzing a sophisticated explosive device, similar to the underwear bomb used in an attempt to blow up a passenger jet over Detroit in 2009, that U.S. officials believe was built by Al Qaeda's affiliate in Yemen in an effort to target Western aircraft. U.S. officials said Monday that no one was captured by U.S. agencies as part of the operation. The officials emphasized that they found no sign of an active plot to use the new bomb design against U.S. aviation or U.S.-bound jetliners."

""At no time was this a viable plot," said a U.S. official who was not authorized to be quoted discussing the matter."
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-cia-bomb-20120508,0,7570002.story

"It seems clear that U.S. officials want to be seen as both (a) thwarting a very scary terror plot and (b) never having let a terror plot get close to being viable. [...] It's hard not to be suspicious when everything operates on the conceit that permission hasn't been granted to speak about these things. This faux-secrecy impedes national discourse. "
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/05/the-frustrating-secrecy-in-the-latest-al-qaeda-bomb-plot-story/256862/

"The successful blocking of an ambitious Al Qaeda plot to bomb a U.S.-bound airliner was an international sting operation worthy of Hollywood"
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/world_now/2012/05/underwear-bomb-plot.html

I'm merely relaying reported claims. Come to whatever conclusions you wish based on these reports.

You may want to take into account facts such as the head of the 7/7 bombing conspiracy was working with MI6, the previous underwear bomber who is meant to be part of the same conspiracy was able to board the plane without a passport whilst heavily drugged, and was witnessed being helped onto the plane by a "smartly dressed" man with an American accent in his 50s who also managed to persuade the airport management that he didn't need a passport.

Before being sentenced to life imprisonment, he was a 25 year old studying mechanical engineering at University College London, and described as a ‘quiet, caring, diligent student’.
Reply 30
Original post by Aj12
examples plz.

Just google Operation Gladio, terrorist attacks throughout Europe - Italy, Belgium etc. Cuba (google Operation Northwoods), Terrorism in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia - google Operation Condor, Vietnam- google Operation Phoenix, Beirut mosque terrorist bombing 1985, google "School of the Americas", terrorist attacks in Iran against democratically elected President Mosadeugh: CIA/MI6 Supports Iranian military in massacre of Mossadeq supporters and returns the dictator to power, the attack against the USS liberty, the attack in the Gulf of Tonkin incident, Angola 1988, Nicaragua in the 1980s and the contras, Bolivia between 1966-68, Brazil 1965, Cambodia 1970, El Salvador and Guatemala 1979- 1987, The Congo: The CIA plans an attack which assassinates the democratically elected Patrice Lumumba, terrorist attacks more recently in Iraq to increase sectarian violence, Operation Paperclip where they recruited Nazi war criminals into the CIA, gave them immunity and engaged in forced human experimentation, MK Ultra: inspired by North Korea's brainwashing program, the CIA begins experiments on mind control, and apart from that just general extra-judicial torture, training of death squads and drug running etc etc just a few examples.

Tens of thousands of people have died due to these atrocities, so 9/11 would be a very small blip if the CIA really did carry it out.

If you need more information read:

State Terrorism and the United States: From Counterinsurgency to the War on Terrorism State Terrorism by Frederick Gareau 2010
Blum, W. (1986). The CIA: A Forgotten History
Chomsky, N. (1988). The Culture of Terrorism
Noam Chomsky: Is the U.S. a Terrorist State?
Ben C. Vidgen: A State of Terror
American State Terrorism: A Critical Review of the Objectives of U.S. Foreign Policy in the Post-World War II Period by Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed
Chomsky, Noam. "The United States is a Leading Terrorist State"
"The CIA and the Cult of Intelligence" Victor Marchetti and John Marks
"Inside the Company" Philip Agee
A Brief History of US-Sponsored Terrorism Abroad by Mark Zapezauer
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2001/mar/26/terrorism
Reply 31
Original post by f1mad
"Family" refers to the whole group, you moron.

:facepalm: Someone needs to revise the English language. If you are a foreigner and English is your 2nd or 3rd language, I'm sorry.

fam·i·ly
noun /ˈfam(ə)lē/ 
families, plural

The children of a person or couple
- "she has the sole responsibility for a large family"

A person or people related to one and so to be treated with a special loyalty or intimacy
- "I could not turn him away, for he was family"

kin: a person having kinship with another or others; "he's kin"; "he's family"

Osama's son was murdered (as well as many others) therefore, his family was murdered. Just because some of his family still survive does not detract from the fact that his family was murdered.
Reply 32
Original post by f1mad
Referring to yourself, you mean? :rolleyes:

I would have to make up a conspiracy theory to be a conspiracy theorist wouldn't I smartass?

Original post by Shabalala
He is accusing others on here of making up conspiracy theories when he is the one making up conspiracy theories.

Please, do tell me what this conspiracy theory is? Where is this conspiracy theory you keep talking about? I'd love to know. What exactly is the conspiracy theory I proposed?

If you can't answer that, shut your ignorant mouth and stop lying through your teeth.
Reply 33
Original post by VeniViciVidi
The CIA form part of the security apparatus of the United States hence they have a mandate and legitimate use of force and are also precluded from being a terrorist organization as a terrorist organization cannot be a state-actor. If a CIA operative has infiltrated and dismantled a terrorist plot by using al-Qaeda tactics (to a point, the limit stops when innocent life, which collatoral damage is taking into account), you cannot label the CIA or insinuate the CIA as being complacent in executed terrorist plots.

Are you saying that if an organisation carries out terrorism across the world, they can't be accused of terrorism because they are allied to a government?

So I guess Hamas and Hezbollah are not terrorist organisations?

Or are you saying that if a government agency carries out terrorism against innocent civilians, it's magically not terrorism any more?

The CIA has a legitimate use of force as long as it doesn't break the Constitution and it's charter, two things it's arguably done already and long ago.
It's not like it matters, the CIA did it's job and prevented the threat. Even if the agent was turned, it would hardly mean the CIA failed, as they had intel on them from the start and they were isolated. From the 'facts' we do know an airplane did not explode en route to America. I struggle to see hhow the CIA are even 'involved' with the plot, they just did their job of preventing the attack, and succeded.

This story would only have been of any interest if the agent had a) been turned, and b) actually succeded.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Steevee
Well, I know of various terrorist plots all over the world, in the last few years alone. I know AQ have an agenda within which attacking the US features highly.

How do you know of this agenda?

Original post by Steevee
Then we take a look at exactly what the CIA have to gain by lieing about something like this, and we consider the evidence and past intelligence operations that have had a similar outcome.

So we come to the logical conclusion that, terrorist cells have been infiltrated in the past, this is what appears to have happened with the evidence on hand, and it is what the CIA have said happened.

Your conspiracy is based on what exactly? Infact, I'm a little unsure of what your narrative is even supposed to be, could you clarify it for me please?

What conspiracy? :confused:
Your conspiracy is based completely on statements CIA officials have told you. It's like asking Harold Shipman if he's a good doctor. Would you accept what any criminal told you what happened on face value and without question?
It is quite rare for the US to be forced to do anything nowadays. They are the only remaining superpower.
Reply 37
:facepalm: Someone needs to revise the English language. If you are a foreigner and English is your 2nd or 3rd language, I'm sorry.

quote-
fam·i·ly
noun /ˈfam(ə)lē/ 
families, plural

The children of a person or couple
- "she has the sole responsibility for a large family"

A person or people related to one and so to be treated with a special loyalty or intimacy
- "I could not turn him away, for he was family"

kin: a person having kinship with another or others; "he's kin"; "he's family"
end quote-

Osama's son was murdered (as well as many others) therefore, his family was murdered. Just because some of his family still survive does not detract from the fact that his family was murdered.

And what you need to learn is that the context of the sentence changes a words meaning.

"His family was murdered" suggests all his family were murdered(also you should of used were instead of was.

"Part of his family were murdered" would of been better English and what you should of said.

Also about conspiracies, one reason I don't believe most of them is it would be so hard to hide all the tracks. Explained in this bbc article today about lone gunmen - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17996498 . When there are a lot of people working on something there is intelligence to see but for one person it can be easy to hide your intentions.
Are you saying that if an organisation carries out terrorism across the world, they can't be accused of terrorism because they are allied to a government?

So I guess Hamas and Hezbollah are not terrorist organisations?

Or are you saying that if a government agency carries out terrorism against innocent civilians, it's magically not terrorism any more?

The CIA has a legitimate use of force as long as it doesn't break the Constitution and it's charter, two things it's arguably done already and long ago.

No, the CIA forms part of the government apparatus to exercise state-sanctioned use of force. Being allied to a government doesn't preclude you from being a terrorist neither, we'll be going into state-sponsored terrorism which is a different kettle of fish. Palestine is not recognized as a state but as a territory. Hence, they are labelled a terrorist organization as they do not have a mandate for the use of force. Hezbollah also does not form part of the security apparatus of Lebanon and is therefore classed as a terrorist organization.

Bruce Hoffman's internationally recognized definition terrorism is as follows:

> Ineluctably political in aims and motives
> Violent-or, equally important, threatens violence
> Designed to have far-reaching psychological repercussions beyond the immediate victim or target;
> Conducted by an organization... or by individuals directly influenced, motivated or inspired by ideological aims or example of some extent terrorist movement leaders;
> Perpetrated by a sub-national group or non-state entity.

If a security organization which is mandated first and foremost, to provide human security and national security (there is a difference), it loses it's legitimacy as a security organization. There has been no evidence relating to false-flag operations in the United States security framework.
Original post by Algorithm69
I really have no interest in debating a conspiracy theorist, which you are turning out to be. If you don't trust the official sources, fine, but provide your own evidence. This does not include inferences or speculation.

If you seriously cannot comprehend how infiltrating a terrorist organisation, gaining a key position in the execution of a terrorist plot, and then stealing key materials and delivering them to the other side, along with substantial evidence on the terrorist organisation, is not foiling a plot then there's little else I can say to you. The agent was not in charge, the agent did not create the terrorist organisation, the agent did not come up with the plan, the agent did not build the bomb. These things would have happened without him being there. What he did do, is gain a position where he was able to completely destroy the plot. So no, your analogy fails on every level.

Not sure how you have the effort to even acknowledge these unrelenting conspiracy nuts. Ran out of that a long time ago :frown:

Quick Reply